ramzi

i have benn found ineligible to recieve a visa under the section 221g

19 posts in this topic

I am a frome morocco and my wife applied CR1 visa . my interview was good and i answer all the question at casablanca embassy. but The consulate gave me wight paper said .this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have benn found ineligible to recieve a visa under the section 221g of the immigration and nationality act the information contained in the paragrapghs

section 221g which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto the following remarks apply in your case

we will return your application and petition to the department of homeland security united states citizenship and immigration service any further inquiries regarding application

so what i have to do now

and what the next step

and how much time this section 221 g will take

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Try to recall as much information about the interview as possible. What questions were asked and what you answered. If you can scan a copy of the 221g and upload it here, it will help for people trying to give you advice.

In the meantime, you can have your spouse call the consulate to try to get more information before the petition is sent back to the US.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i need some helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp here plz

Your visa has been denied. They are sending it back to USCIS in America for it to be reviewed. This process takes about one year. During that time, it is important for you and your wife to build a stronger case. USCIS will review the case, and if they disagree with the consulate's initial decision, they will reaffirm the case and send it back to Casablanca for a second interview. They may request further evidence from your wife while the case is being reviewed.

Now is a good time to think about what may have went wrong at your interview and why they may have denied you. Is there a large age difference between you and your wife? Has she only been to visit once? These are what we on VJ call "red flags" that work against a case being approved. There are ways to get past *most* of them. If I knew a little more about your personal situation, I could give you better advice on how to possibly get the petition reaffirmed and pass a second interview.

Sorry this happened to you. There are a lot of people on VJ that have been through this. If you post in the Middle East and North Africa regional forum, you can get great advice.

Your visa has been denied. They are sending it back to USCIS in America for it to be reviewed. This process takes about one year. During that time, it is important for you and your wife to build a stronger case. USCIS will review the case, and if they disagree with the consulate's initial decision, they will reaffirm the case and send it back to Casablanca for a second interview. They may request further evidence from your wife while the case is being reviewed.

Now is a good time to think about what may have went wrong at your interview and why they may have denied you. Is there a large age difference between you and your wife? Has she only been to visit once? These are what we on VJ call "red flags" that work against a case being approved. There are ways to get past *most* of them. If I knew a little more about your personal situation, I could give you better advice on how to possibly get the petition reaffirmed and pass a second interview.

Sorry this happened to you. There are a lot of people on VJ that have been through this. If you post in the Middle East and North Africa regional forum, you can get great advice.

the age difference between me and my wife? is 9 years

yess she only visited me one time and we get married but we was talking online for 8 month

so do you think because of that they did not aprove me the visa

if you can help me to pass a second interview i will love that

Timeline

the age difference between me and my wife? is 9 years

yess she only visited me one time and we get married but we was talking online for 8 month

so do you think because of that they did not aprove me the visa

if you can help me to pass a second interview i will love that

Before you start worrying about passing a second interview, you should prepare further evidence to send to USCIS for a rebuttal. What will happen is that the consulate will send your case back to USCIS for them to review it. It takes around 2 months for USCIS to receive the case. Then you have to wait for them to review it, which takes another 6-8 months. At that time, there's a good chance they will send your wife a letter telling her why you were denied, and ask for more evidence about your relationship.

If your wife is older than you, it helps to write a letter stating why this is not an issue in your relationship, also address the issue of future children in the relationship, and how you both feel about it.

Since she has only visited you once (this is a HUGE issue at Casablanca), I think the most important thing you both can do is to have your wife visit you again in Morocco and stay for as long as possible- take lots of photos with members of your family, go on a few trips, and save the train/bus tickets- then send the new photos and evidence with the rebuttal.

Then, once the petition is reaffirmed, you can begin to worry about a second interview. If the petition goes back to Morocco, you should get a second interview within a year to 18 months of your first.

There are a lot of interesting and helpful threads on Visa Journey about denials in Casablanca, why they happen, and how to deal with being denied. Here are a couple to start with: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291886-the-hoping-not-to-be-denied-at-casablanca-thread/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/3896-returning-petitions-to-the-united-states-via-221g/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh waiting 1 year that so longe heheheheheheh but thank you for help

You need to have your spouse contact their Senator to place a congressional inquiry IMMEDIATELY to get details of the refusal. It is an approved visa, so it was a refusal work sheet you received, not a denial. You cannot receive a denial now but it can be considered for a possible revocation once USCIS reviews the case file and the Consulars notes which is why you need your Senator involced. If your spouse receives an intent to revoke, they will provide only 30 days to respond. Their current processing of returned petitions is 6 months upon receipt. You need to use diplomatic persuasion to find out the specific reason that the consular felt you were not elgible for a visa. You need to write a detailed account of that day and prepare a rebuttal. Yes, more visits will help your case, but you also need substansive written communication, receipts, certified affidavits of your relationship from family and friends, and time stamped photos. All this evidence must be detailed and in a verifiable format. Don't wait to start your campaigne.

Good Luck!

Edited by 4ever mine

I dont know if its only me but...

You first posted here using the username 'souufane' if I was not mistaken then you changed it to 'crazyeclipse'..Now you have created this new account..same consulate,same problem. You are using a lot of usernames .VJers already gave you advices and I think you should just focus on doing what they told you instead of asking the same queestions over and over again...

I feel sorry for what happened but you need to move on!

Edited by earp

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Timeline

I dont know if its only me but...

You first posted here using the username 'souufane' if I was not mistaken then you changed it to 'crazyeclipse'..Now you have created this new account..same consulate,same problem. You are using a lot of usernames .VJers already gave you advices and I think you should just focus on doing what they told you instead of asking the same queestions over and over again...

I feel sorry for what happened but you need to move on!

Agreed. Soufiane seems to think this is a joke, or perhaps that people here on VJ can change the outcome of his case by telling him what he wants to hear. His behaviour on this board lends us some insight into the content of his character, and why he may have had difficulty at the consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Someone needs to report this to the Moderators, then.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I pity his wife.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.