kenshaq

we got a rfe today:) got a few question:)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello fellow vjyers:) so today we got rfe notice from uscis and it was expected. i can say it's good than not hearing from them right :thumbs: i got few question..is it okay to send a scanned copy of letter of intent to my fiance? i'm the benificiary :blush: any idea is appreciated :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Maybe you should just email it....Don't know if scan copy might be clear and legitable to read..But try both.

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA1-Hardcopy recieved March 18th

NOA2 August 12th

Waiting for NVC to assign case number!..

Timeline

as far as i know...they won't accept the scanned copies of any forms that need to be signed. It should always be in original signature together with the date when you sign it.:)

3-23-2011- i129f sent

3-24-2011- check encash

3-29-2011- NOA1

6-17-2011- RFE

7-01-2011- RFE sent

7-05-2011- RFE rcvd/Response review

7-14-2011- NOA2

[/b][/color]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the RFE entailed that a Letter of Intent was not signed by the Beneficiary then ONLY send a Signed Original. Not Scanned. IN BLACK INK. Print / or / hand write and be sure and Date and Signature. The letter of Intent is as important to the package as the beneficiaries 325-A information. 95% of members that went threw an interview will say that the CO asked: When will you get Married ? " The Majority of the time the Petitioner has to answer these questions but the Letter of Intent of BOTH PARTIES seems to have to be in INK.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've seen a few getting 2 RFEs but USCIS has the right to make a decision based on the original and new submitted documents/evidence. They have already paid attention to the letter of intent so I personally wouldn't want to take any chances by a scanned or emailed copy.

Good luck - and hopefully there's a NOA2 for you soon : )

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

I've seen a few getting 2 RFEs but USCIS has the right to make a decision based on the original and new submitted documents/evidence. They have already paid attention to the letter of intent so I personally wouldn't want to take any chances by a scanned or emailed copy.

Good luck - and hopefully there's a NOA2 for you soon : )

i hope they will state on the rfe if what they really want like scanned copy is okay or original but you are right the uscis has the only right to make a decission:) tnx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

i send scanned copy...and we dont get RFE.. but during interview you need original copy with signature from the petitioner..through fedex would be great an fast...good luck

same with me, just sent copy scan (sign w/ blue ink) and no rfe.. but guess as you got rfe better send original one, so no need do twice just incase they want original one :star:

K-1 Journey

01/03/2011 ---- Sent I-129F to TSC

01/14/2011 ---- NOA1 - Petition routed to CSC

05/05/2011 ---- NOA2 - Yess!!!(hard copy: 05/09/2011)

07/07/2011 ---- Interview APPROVED!!!

07/12/2011 ---- Visa in hand

09/27/2011 ---- POE SeaTac airport

vD8Fp7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello fellow vjyers:) so today we got rfe notice from uscis and it was expected. i can say it's good than not hearing from them right :thumbs: i got few question..is it okay to send a scanned copy of letter of intent to my fiance? i'm the benificiary :blush: any idea is appreciated :whistle:

that will take time i tink they need an original signiture just sign the document urself as him and send it off asap...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Quick question everybody:

Me and my fiancee did a Joint letter of Intent (we used 1 paper and we jointly declared our intent to get married by using the word "we" in every statement we made on the letter. Also, we both signed on it-her signature and my signature).

Do you folks think that's a recipe for an RFE? We are both nervous cos the intent letter were written jointly.

Any thoughts would be duly appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

that will take time i tink they need an original signiture just sign the document urself as him and send it off asap...

I would not suggest illegally forging a signature.

The letter of intent must be an original, signed document. You can sign in blue or black ink. In the past, people had gotten RFEs for an original signature, even though they sent one, because it was done in black ink and the adjudicator thought it looked like a copy. For this reason, we signed all ours in blue ink. If you use black ink, you can also sign the paper on top of something like a magazine. Pressing down harder to sign it, will give the indentations where you sign, proving it is an original signature.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Quick question everybody:

Me and my fiancee did a Joint letter of Intent (we used 1 paper and we jointly declared our intent to get married by using the word "we" in every statement we made on the letter. Also, we both signed on it-her signature and my signature).

Do you folks think that's a recipe for an RFE? We are both nervous cos the intent letter were written jointly.

Any thoughts would be duly appreciated.

Thanks

No I think you will be fine. I never did a letter of intent and my husband just wrote how we met and and our intent to marry. I was lucky I suppose.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Write it now. It only takes a few minutes. Get it in the mail now. If you are worried about it not making it there in time, send it FEDEX. Might cost you some good money, but well worth the expense.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.