219 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well Today I sent my AOS and IV paper work to NVC so lets see how fast or how slow it will go. I hope it will by faster.

From what I've been tracking here at VJ, delaying to send the packets, not sending individually, sending both together -

has cut off 2 to 3 weeks of processing/mailroom routing/queue wait time.

Queue hold time, IMO, for the remainder of this month and the next should go 'as normal', ie - FAST - because the casefiles from the TSC debacle have mostly all been processed at NVC during April, May and the first few weeks of June.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

I have a NVC question, I sent an original certified copy from my town records office of my marriage certificate with my I-130 will I need to send another certified copy to NVC or will the first one I sent be with the rest of my file at NVC?

ROC

07/17/2013 - Sent Packet to VSC

07/19/2013 - NOA1

08/21/2013 - Biometrics Appt

09/10/2013 - Transferred to CSC

12/28/2013 - RFE from CSC

01/28/2014 - Sent RFE Response Packet

02/27/2014 -Green Card Approved

I have a NVC question, I sent an original certified copy from my town records office of my marriage certificate with my I-130 will I need to send another certified copy to NVC or will the first one I sent be with the rest of my file at NVC?

When you send your I-130 you only need to send copies of your marriage certificate because you need to send the Orignal to NVC. I have seen that when they transfer your paper work not everything always gets transfer together.

You only needed to send a photocopy to USCIS. You're going to need to send another certified copy to NVC. Your case does get sent to NVC, but you still need to send one.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

You only needed to send a photocopy to USCIS. You're going to need to send another certified copy to NVC. Your case does get sent to NVC, but you still need to send one.

Oh ok, I sent the certified copy because I was trying to avoid it being requested later by the VSC, I can get another one from my town hall for a low fee so its not a big deal to send one to NVC.

ROC

07/17/2013 - Sent Packet to VSC

07/19/2013 - NOA1

08/21/2013 - Biometrics Appt

09/10/2013 - Transferred to CSC

12/28/2013 - RFE from CSC

01/28/2014 - Sent RFE Response Packet

02/27/2014 -Green Card Approved

Timeline

Ya need the original certified copy for DS-230 submission.

You have 2 choices available to you now -

1. submit another original certified copy with the DS-230 or

2. submit a photocopy with the DS-230, then call NVC, beg a supervisor to unbundle the I-130 casefile, putting the photocopy with the I-130 and pulling the certified copy into the DS-230 set. Supervisor can't do it directly, will start a request for the 'pull'. It ain't automatic, expect some confusion at NVC over this, as well.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

i know this has probably been ask a hundred times but i make a copy of everything in AOS and DS230 package for nvc (so in essence they are getting two sets original and copies and then i make a copy of everything for my husband too? do i have this right.. :bonk: and also nvc makes the interview will we know by email and snail mail and the same with the medical....i have read the guides and got all paperwork done but its like im going brain dead now... :rofl:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Timeline

document submittal into NVC, civil documents for DS-230 - is original or certified copy (certified from the issuing authority) PLUS a photocopy. If the PCC is sealed, don't bother to open it and copy it.

--

in general, copies of everything is recommended, bring COPY to interview appointment, just in case things were lost between NVC and the IV Unit.

Good Luck !

i know this has probably been ask a hundred times but i make a copy of everything in AOS and DS230 package for nvc (so in essence they are getting two sets original and copies and then i make a copy of everything for my husband too? do i have this right.. :bonk: and also nvc makes the interview will we know by email and snail mail and the same with the medical....i have read the guides and got all paperwork done but its like im going brain dead now... :rofl:

You don't need to send a copy of the AOS package with the original. Just make one copy of the AOS package and keep it for yourself for the interview. For the IV package, just include a photocopy of the birth and marriage certificate (and any divorce, military certificates if applicable) as well as the original or certified copy. Then make a copy of the entire package for your records for the interview.

If you gave your email addresses over to NVC, then when an interview date is scheduled, you'll get an email with the date and more information. You won't get anything by snail mail. And NVC will not send you anything about the medical. You have to get your own appointment date by calling the panel physician in your country.

Timeline

You don't need to send a copy of the AOS package with the original. Just make one copy of the AOS package and keep it for yourself for the interview. For the IV package, just include a photocopy of the birth and marriage certificate (and any divorce, military certificates if applicable) as well as the original or certified copy. Then make a copy of the entire package for your records for the interview.

If you gave your email addresses over to NVC, then when an interview date is scheduled, you'll get an email with the date and more information. You won't get anything by snail mail. And NVC will not send you anything about the medical. You have to get your own appointment date by calling the panel physician in your country.

:thumbs: thanks alot i was gonna make like two copies of everything...lol and i don't know what i was thinking about the medical..the pressure must be getting to my head... :blink:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

relax you - go do something not immigration related (my fav things are cooking and gardening)

Timeline

relax you - go do something not immigration related (my fav things are cooking and gardening)

yeah your right , im starting to read and trying to forget all of it.. as long as i get no rfe's its really out of my hands anyways.. :yes:

Edited by marjus's girl

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Since this is about June 2011 NVC, well sad to say we were approved by USCIS June 8th but till now we don't have case # yet :( so disappointed but still waiting. :unsure:

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Since this is about June 2011 NVC, well sad to say we were approved by USCIS June 8th but till now we don't have case # yet :( so disappointed but still waiting. :unsure:

Keep checking the AVR at NVC it will come up. My wife approval was on May 27 and it was recivied at NVC on June 6 and I did not get the case number until June 14 in which I call the AVR which stated it was processed on June 13. So on June 14 I called and spoke to some one to get IID to pay the bills from NVC. So just keep checking always and once in a while speak to the operator to find out if they recivied it or not. It'####### or miss with the operators their some can be rude or some can be very good and give you the correct info with no problems. I hope this helps.

Keep checking the AVR at NVC it will come up. My wife approval was on May 27 and it was recivied at NVC on June 6 and I did not get the case number until June 14 in which I call the AVR which stated it was processed on June 13. So on June 14 I called and spoke to some one to get IID to pay the bills from NVC. So just keep checking always and once in a while speak to the operator to find out if they recivied it or not. It'####### or miss with the operators their some can be rude or some can be very good and give you the correct info with no problems. I hope this helps.

Thanks, yeah I keep calling AVR myself e-mailed them, I received a reply but no case # yet and my husband keep calling NVC, spoke to operators and what you said was true, there are some rude and some are nicer but the main concern is when we'll have our case #. :wacko:

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.