~Laura and Nick~

Extremely home sick

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Home sick is so so so normal, i am not there yet, although i already live in THE US in seattle for 1 year, so i know a lil about what you mean..,and believe or not you see those difference that you all mention since you visit for few days the differences between your country and the US, even though i love my soon to be in laws, and extended family of my fiancee, i could not help to think how much i will miss my family, my house, my kitchen, the simple smell of my house. And yes is hard not be able to live and keep our jobs in our countries and you know this situation to be backwards, our fiancees to live family, friends and work to move in to our countries, of course there is always the thing tha they already have a pretty good job in the US, in it would be a mess to start from 0. But i am glad that your husband supports you and that he listens to your pain and that he is willing to move to Canada, once you guys have the opportunity. But just like other people say here you are not alone on this journey, most of us are already there, or like me soon to be there living in strange place, in my situation, different language, so very different weather, i am from Mexico City and my soon to be husband is from MADISON WISCONSIN, and its a townnnnnnnn1!! :crying: and i am such a city person, i don't know how i am going to handle that.

Good luck!!

nick&justin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know exactly how you all feel as I feel it too! I am happy married to the man I fell in love with - BUT i miss Canada and the people... will we ever move there?..hmm i dont know...but my heart will always be there. I am still in the mode of...'i am from canada...! i never tght there would be much difference living here but there is...keep yer chin up be proud of you are and where you are from!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.