웃

Teenage Muslim girl, 19, stoned to death for participating in a beauty contest in Ukraine

27 posts in this topic

If they tried to make adultery punishable by death in Ukraine, well, there'd be very little of the adult population left.

Alaska wouldn't be far behind Ukraine numbers wise in that respect.

We have a saying in Alaska...; "You don't lose your woman, you just lose your turn."

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Since when do teenage boys decide who dies and who lives? Isn't that up to a judge?

Nancy Grace

Alaska wouldn't be far behind Ukraine numbers wise in that respect.

We have a saying in Alaska...; "You don't lose your woman, you just lose your turn."

I heard there are enough women to go around in Alaska - as long as they go around fast enough

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

In Muslim communities, people commit adultery and then get stoned

In California it is the other way round

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Not if yer with a Muslim gang in the Crimea, apparently.

Any gang in the Crimea is pretty much doing whatever they want.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's articles like this that make me wish my ex wife was a Muslim. That greedy two timing h0 would have been done in years ago if that were the case.

Did we marry the same women ??

;-)

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

another take on this particular story-

But the police said her killing had nothing to do with sectarian violence and that the girl had been killed by a psychologically troubled classmate who had given her a lift on his moped and then robbed and possibly raped her before battering her to death with a rock.

"A student did it, killing his classmate. There is no other underlying reason, neither religious nor linked with inter-ethnic conflicts," said Sergei Reznikov, a senior policeman involved in the case.

The area is home to more than 250,000 Muslim Crimean Tatars, and although there has been mob violence in the past sparked by perceived historical injustices, cases of Sharia punishment being meted out by stoning are unheard of.

Police said the main suspect, 16-year-old Bihal Gaziev, had a long history of mental health problems and was already in custody. He is understood to have confessed amid reports from his village suggesting he had developed an unhealthy and unrequited obsession with Miss Koren.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/8548022/Muslim-teenage-beauty-queen-stoned-to-death.html

horrific, but it still sounds like the everyday, run of the mill, spurned advances/obsessive stalker guy kind of killing. i'm sure there are many here who are utterly disappointed to hear that the circumstances of this woman's death are most likely much more banal than the daily mail wants them to be though...

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

One of the three - named as 16-year-old Bihal Gaziev - is under arrest and told police that Katya had 'violated the laws of Sharia'. Gaziev has said he has no regrets about her death.

So basically he was insane, and decided to try to use Sharia law as a cover ? lame. But hey - he's insane, he could have easily said his pet squirrel Igor told him to kill her.

I feel for the girl's family, really.

Any gang in the Crimea is pretty much doing whatever they want.

I'm now leaning towards 'no gang involvement'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Some place the Crimea

3 times the death toll of the American civil war or 530 times more deaths than 9/11.

On 28 March 1854 Britain and France declared war on Russia, and for the next two years British, French, Sardinian, and Turkish troops fought against Russians in the Crimean War. The loss of life in the war was colossal; of 1 650 000 soldiers who began the war (of all nations), 900 000 died. The majority of those who perished did not die from wounds; rather they died from diseases brought about by the terrible living conditions which they suffered. In these notes we review the Crimean War, and the role Florence Nightingale had in highlighting the plight of the soldiers.

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

another take on this particular story-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/8548022/Muslim-teenage-beauty-queen-stoned-to-death.html

horrific, but it still sounds like the everyday, run of the mill, spurned advances/obsessive stalker guy kind of killing. i'm sure there are many here who are utterly disappointed to hear that the circumstances of this woman's death are most likely much more banal than the daily mail wants them to be though...

Not disappointed at all, as the version you posted sounded like what I suspected based on the OP. It didn't sound like a traditional, Sharia law type of stoning in the OP.

Of course, that a young girl was killed is deeply disappointing regardless.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Not disappointed at all, as the version you posted sounded like what I suspected based on the OP. It didn't sound like a traditional, Sharia law type of stoning in the OP.

Of course, that a young girl was killed is deeply disappointing regardless.

Keeping it in perspective...

Casualties in Afghanistan:

Afghan troops killed [1] 8,587

Afghan troops seriously injured [2] 25,761

Afghan civilians killed [3] 8,813

Afghan civilians seriously injured [4] 15,863

U.S. troops killed [5] 1,140

U.S. troops seriously injured [6] 3,420

Other coalition troops killed [7] 772

Other coalition troops seriously injured [8] 2,316

Contractors killed [9] 298

Contractors seriously injured [10] 2,428