웃

Teenage Muslim girl, 19, stoned to death for participating in a beauty contest in Ukraine

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Muslim girl, 19, 'stoned to death after taking part in beauty contest'

A teenage Muslim girl was stoned to death under 'Sharia law' after taking part in a beauty contest in Ukraine.

Katya Koren, 19, was found dead in a village in the Crimea region near her home.

Friends said she liked wearing fashionable clothes and had come seventh in a beauty contest.

article-1392454-0C576DCC00000578-709_468x687.jpg

Her battered body was buried in a forest and was found a week after she disappeared.

Police have opened a murder investigation and are looking into claims that three Muslim youths killed her, claiming her death was justified under Islam.

One of the three - named as 16-year-old Bihal Gaziev - is under arrest and told police that Katya had 'violated the laws of Sharia'. Gaziev has said he has no regrets about her death.

Stoning is a divisive subject among Muslims, with some groups interpreting it as Islamic law and others disagreeing.

According to Amnesty International's annual report on death sentences worldwide, issued in April, there were no reports of judicial executions carried out by stoning in 2010.

However, new death sentences by stoning were reportedly imposed in Iran, the Bauchi state of Nigeria and Pakistan.

At least 10 women and four men remained under sentence of death by stoning at the end of the year in Iran, where adultery is the only crime which carries that penalty under Sharia law.

It was widely imposed as a sentence in the years following the 1979 Islamic revolution, and even though Iran's judiciary still regularly hands down such sentences, they are now often converted to other punishments.

The barbaric practice was thrown into the international spotlight last year when an Iranian woman, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery after suffering years of abuse at the hands of her drug addict husband.

Miss Ashtiani's lawyer said she was allegedly beaten and sold for sex by opium-addict Ebrahim Ghaderzade, who she is accused of killing.

She was jailed for ten years for murder and sentenced to death for adultery. She was also convicted of having illicit relations for which she received 99 lashes.

The Iranian authorities eventually suspended the stoning after an outcry from the international community.

The European Union has called the sentence 'barbaric', the Vatican pleaded for clemency and Brazil, which has tried to intervene in Iran's stand-off with the West over its nuclear programme, offered Miss Ashtiani asylum.

A number of celebrities, including Robert Redford, Robert De Niro and Sting called for her release in an open letter to the Iranian regime, backed by more than 80 actors, artists, musicians, academics and politicians.

EXECUTIONS ACROSS THE WORLD: DEATH SENTENCES IN 2010 (REPORTED)

China (1,000s)

Iran (252+)

North Korea (60+)

Yemen (53+)

Vietnam (46+)

United States of America (46)

Saudi Arabia, Singapore (27+)

Libya (18+)

Syria (17+)

Bangladesh (9+)

Somalia (8+)

Sudan (6+)

The Palestinian Authority (5)

Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Taiwan (4)

Belarus, Japan (2)

Iraq, Malaysia (1+)

Bahrain, Botswana (1)

Source: Amnesty International, Death Sentences and Executions 2010

Key: Where the '+' symbol is used, the figure is understood to be higher

When Carla Bruni, the French First Lady, prominently gave her support to the 43-year-old mother-of-two, Iran responded by launching two scathing attacks on Miss Bruni, branding her an adulteress with a 'vastly immoral lifestyle'.

Last week Amnesty international called for 'clarification' on the legal status of a jailed lawyer who represented Miss Ashtiani, Javid Houtan Kiyan.

It issued a statement that read: 'If – as appears - he is held solely for the peaceful exercise of his right to freedom of expression, including in connection with his work as a defence lawyer on behalf of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, he should be released immediately and unconditionally.

'The allegations that he has been tortured while in detention should be investigated immediately and anyone found responsible for abuses brought to justice.'

The Islamic republic says the death penalty is essential to maintain law and order and is applied only after exhaustive judicial proceedings.

Murder, rape, armed robbery, drug trafficking and adultery are all punishable by death in Iran.

In March, Iran hanged a woman convicted of murdering a love rival.

Shahla Jahed, 40, had been a 'temporary wife' of Nasser Mohammad Khani, a former striker for the Iranian national football team.

The execution was thought to be the 146th so far this year. At least 270 people were executed in 2009.

http://www.dailymail...t-Ukraine.html#

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

forget the turkish chick,its all about the german muslims girl who posed for playboy.... NAKED

on a different note,i think there needs to be a really heavy penalty for adultery and specially for men.HOWEVER,what people fail to realize is that the stonings under islamic laws as we see today are anything but lawful.in order to stone an adulter,there need to be at least three muslim adult men who are mentally stable as witnesses.OR 6 women of the same conditions.there is no way to stone anyone exactly like islam ordered.iranian leaders dont know what to do with prostitution and out of marriage sex,so they label every one that they need dead as adulter

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Filed: Timeline
... what people fail to realize is that the stonings under islamic laws as we see today are anything but lawful.in order to stone an adulter,there need to be at least three muslim adult men who are mentally stable as witnesses.OR 6 women of the same conditions.

That still sounds fukced up.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

That still sounds fukced up.

it is really.muslims keep talking about how proud they are ,that they still have the same rules the first muslims 1400 years ago had,when in reality people use and abuse islam just like any other religion

Since when do teenage boys decide who dies and who lives? Isn't that up to a judge?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Since when do teenage boys decide who dies and who lives? Isn't that up to a judge?

Not if yer with a Muslim gang in the Crimea, apparently.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Maybe now the state can bring the death penalty back there- at least just for those who believe in it.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

It's articles like this that make me wish my ex wife was a Muslim. That greedy two timing h0 would have been done in years ago if that were the case.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's articles like this that make me wish my ex wife was a Muslim. That greedy two timing h0 would have been done in years ago if that were the case.

:rofl:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

:lol:

Champagne wore off fast on that one?