eagle+eyed

Phone History ISSUES!! What do I do?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

every form that needs a signature has to be the original(no photocopies) you have 2 choices on this you can mail it off like it is and hope the reviewer doesn't notice it's a copy or you can have your fiance mail the originals to you today before the post office close in Jamaica because they close early today and wait for it to arrive.

Anyone get an issue with the reviewer noticing it's not an original signature? If I wait for it to be mailed, it'll be over a week, which hey, I can definately wait. OR I can mail it Monday and cross my fingers... I'm feeling like the latter isn't such a good idea, however. Opinions??? :blink:

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unneccessary to show proof of on going relationship with I-129F? I didn't realize that! Thanks so much for all the replies, btw :)

I cannot get to the actual program to download for Skype... Do you know the name for the program?

Go to Forums, click in the K1 process, there is a ton of information that will benefit you greatly.

There are a lot of FAQ's and other beneficial information. You are correct that you do not need a lawyer. Point in case is that the lawyer you met with does not know what is needed to file. You definitely need those letters of intent as it is in the instructions to file.

Good luck.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you do not need phone history to send in 129 application. you need it for teh interview.

all proof is given at interview unless immigraiotn asks for it now. So. send the certified letter requesting phone history and in letter state you want a copy of it every month from now on. They have to provide it. Anyone who bills you for a service must provide what you are billed for when you request it. Also, it is not a bad idea to consult a lawyer.

the process is not easy not matter what anyone says.

I have had Net10 service since April. I NEED call history for the I-129F correct? What I have is my calls to my fiance via Skype and Tel3, both available online, however it shows VERY short call times because I call him and he calls back to talk long periods being it's much cheaper for him to call me than me to call him. ANYWAY, Net10 has just told me over the phone that it's impossible to get a copy of call history without a NOTORIZED LETTER stating why I want this information and FAX it to them, which will then take THIRTY DAYS!!!?!?! What IS this?! My I-129F is ready to be mailed by Monday! EXCEPT for this now... WHAT DO I DO?!??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anyone get an issue with the reviewer noticing it's not an original signature? If I wait for it to be mailed, it'll be over a week, which hey, I can definately wait. OR I can mail it Monday and cross my fingers... I'm feeling like the latter isn't such a good idea, however. Opinions??? :blink:

Original signatures are required, so.. you can wait that week to get the intent letter and G325a with original signatures, OR you can send it off and risk an RFE that will delay your case more than a week. You have to decide which one to choose.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you do not need phone history to send in 129 application. you need it for teh interview.

all proof is given at interview unless immigraiotn asks for it now. So. send the certified letter requesting phone history and in letter state you want a copy of it every month from now on. They have to provide it. Anyone who bills you for a service must provide what you are billed for when you request it. Also, it is not a bad idea to consult a lawyer.

the process is not easy not matter what anyone says.

It would be safe to say that you read far more stories of lawyers who are incompetent and have screwed up the process rather than help. There is nothing difficult about filing the I-129F unless you have a special case where you have something on your record etc.....

It would be a waste of money to consult a lawyer that can not speed up your case and will only file according to the instructions given on the Governmental website. There are no loopholes.

If he doesn't have a special case, then he can file easily with great results as have the other thousands of VJers here on this site. The only requirement being that one actually reads the instructions, fill out the forms properly, pay the fee (some people have even sent in the application without a form of payment) and be eligible according to the instructions CLEARLY outlined for everyone who files an application.

There are hundreds of posts about using a lawyer here on VJ and the consensus of what I have read and what I understand over this last year is that it is clearly a waste of money. My point in case is that the lawyer he already consulted with already gave him INCORRECT information stating that the letters of intent are not needed for the I-129F application. WRONG...!!! It is definitely needed. His case (had he used the lawyer) would have gotten an RFE and caused him a delay. Thus adding more frustration (plus minus that money he paid to the lawyer) to his situation.

But, I digress, don't listen to me, go read all the posts by more senior members that state this point more elegantly than I can.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Anyone get an issue with the reviewer noticing it's not an original signature? If I wait for it to be mailed, it'll be over a week, which hey, I can definitely wait. OR I can mail it Monday and cross my fingers... I'm feeling like the latter isn't such a good idea, however. Opinions??? :blink:

Yes many people have had issues with not original signatures because it's a requirement. Some people have even had issues signing in black pen because the officers couldn't easily tell it was original.

If you get an RFE they can delay your case for up to 2 months. It's likely it wouldn't be that long but you're looking at 3 days-ish to get the RFE, however long it takes for you to respond to the RFE plus mailing time for that, then however long it takes for them to pick your file back up to process it. Always best to avoid an RFE wherever possible. Seeing it's your I-129F petition you're looking at longer than normal if you get an RFE because it will take a while for them to even pick up your file and you want them to process it there and then, rather than waiting for you to reply to an RFE to process it.

Timeline

Yes many people have had issues with not original signatures because it's a requirement. Some people have even had issues signing in black pen because the officers couldn't easily tell it was original.

If you get an RFE they can delay your case for up to 2 months. It's likely it wouldn't be that long but you're looking at 3 days-ish to get the RFE, however long it takes for you to respond to the RFE plus mailing time for that, then however long it takes for them to pick your file back up to process it. Always best to avoid an RFE wherever possible. Seeing it's your I-129F petition you're looking at longer than normal if you get an RFE because it will take a while for them to even pick up your file and you want them to process it there and then, rather than waiting for you to reply to an RFE to process it.

So blue ink signature instead of black is a much safer choice?

Another ten or more days before I can send out the I-129f, ughhh, and it'll cost fiance more money to print out the emailed documents and mailed to me, mannnnnnnnn :(

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

Timeline
So blue ink signature instead of black is a much safer choice?

Another ten or more days before I can send out the I-129f, ughhh, and it'll cost fiance more money to print out the emailed documents and mailed to me, mannnnnnnnn :(

Most definitely. I only ever sign in blue. You need to complete the form in black, but you can sign in blue. It's not a cheap process for sure but TOTALLY worth it :D

Timeline

Most definitely. I only ever sign in blue. You need to complete the form in black, but you can sign in blue. It's not a cheap process for sure but TOTALLY worth it :D

Wow, I had NO idea that blue was even allowed, let alone better!! I LOVE this site, thanks everyone... Can I go back to what I've already signed and sign again in blue or is that just going to appear messy and I should redo each form and signature?

Timeline
Wow, I had NO idea that blue was even allowed, let alone better!! I LOVE this site, thanks everyone... Can I go back to what I've already signed and sign again in blue or is that just going to appear messy and I should redo each form and signature?

Completely up to you. Many people have signed in black with no issues but even just ONE person (though in reality it's been more) means that I endeavour to not have the same thing happen to me. I also have to admit that when Tony sent me his stuff (for the K1) they were signed in black and he also included copies (the bank letter etc) and I had NO idea which was the original and which was the copy so I just sent what I thought looked less like a copy and hoped for the best. We didn't get RFE's for those but I was really worried about it... and if I can't tell then how would the CO?

Regarding whether to redo it or not...I was VERY ####### about my paperwork. I had (and still have) copies of everything and also kept all digital copies (if the form wouldn't save I scanned it before signing for original signatures and after signing for copies of what I sent :D) so re-printing for me wasn't a big deal at all. It's not a requirement to sign in blue, I just didn't want to risk an RFE (and I got my K1 visa and my GC without RFE's).

Here's a previous post i wrote about it: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/252597-blue-or-black-ink/page__view__findpost__p__3883256

And here's a posting wheere someone was RFE'd for original signature and USCIS telling them "blue or black pen" for signature

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/310968-got-an-rfehelp-dont-no-what-to-do-now/page__view__findpost__p__4678515

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Man i am sorry i have straight talk and had the same issue as you i mean what a pain to get your own call history. i just sent other #######, chat convos, fb text messages, old emails, pictures, his passport stamps affidavits from thrid parties, and a letter explainin why as of the time being his name aint on our sons birth certficate along with a notarized copy of aknowlegement of paternity think that all i wasnt wating to sent my packet for stupid records. sent all u can if u dont wanna wait

Filed: Timeline

Hi..you are good to go..that is send the package...i didn;t include call log...but i sent western union receipt, hotel receipt when my wife visited and other things i just saw in your checklist and we are good to go..that is ..we sent our petition and was approved in 16 days...sorry that was expedition...Just follow the instruction from VJ members...they are expert people here...who know what they are doing...wish ya the best

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First you should always have a history of phone records - For instance, when I was with a cell phone company ( I think sprint) I found out that for about a year and a half they were billing me 10.00/mo for free nights and weekends. It ended up totalling 250.00 that they owed me. They fought me to get it back so I told them, they either refund it or put it towards my early termination fee because I would not deal with a company who charged me for "free nights and weekends" I got the money back after talking to 7 different people!!!! - This wasn't even for immigration purposes..

Secondly, I agree with most here about hiring a lawyer, no this process is not EASY but its EXPENSIVE! Just think about all the money for the different documents, airfare, phone calls, medical/vaccinations, incidentals they all add up... Money for a lawyer could be spent on your spouse/fiance in a better way.

Just my opinion, food for thought! Good luck on your journey!:star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is he using Digicel international minutes to call you? If so, is he topping up online? Because you can send in the records of the international top ups. We did this, and didn't have a problem.

-mo

K-1

12.15.2009- we met <3 :) i love my muffin.

10.19.2010 NOA1

10.27.2010 "Touched"

5.2.2011 NOA 2

5.5.2011 Received NOA2 hardcopy

5.19.2011 Emailed/Sent Packet 3

6.14.2011 Received Packet 4

7.1.2011- Interview(Approved!!)

7.13.2011- "Visa Transferred"-- whatever that means...

7.25.2011- "Visa Issued"-- whatever that means...

7.28.2011- Visa arrives at DHL facility (8:30 pm)

7.29.2011- Visa received

7.31.2011- POE (BWI)-- NEVER ISSUED AN I-94 (WTH)

8.15.2011- I-94 Obtained from IAD's CBP Inspection Office

AOS & EAD

9.8.2011- Mailed USPS Priority Express

11.29.11- RFE for Income Tax Return-- SEND YOUR ENTIRE TAX RETURN DOCUMENT!!

11.30.11- mailed Tax Return UPS Priority Express

12.9.11 AOS "transferred to a USCIS office" - - supposedly our local one

12.14.11- "touched"

12.15.11- received EAD

2.8.12- put in a service request for GC

2.22.12- My husband was contacted by the local USCIS office here in Washington DC and told that it was infact transferred to the CSC. Not their office. She also suggested he keep checking on it because sometimes things just sit there and take up to 3 years to be processed--- SAYWHAT?! ... stay tuned

3.29.12- Approved, Green Card in production

4.4.12- Green Card received- NO INTERVIEW

Timeline

Is he using Digicel international minutes to call you? If so, is he topping up online? Because you can send in the records of the international top ups. We did this, and didn't have a problem.

-mo

Yes! He is! How do I find these records?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.