Captain Oates

Why do the ring wing love Israel ?

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"Except for the State of the Union address, the AIPAC Policy Conference is the largest annual bipartisan gathering of U.S. senators, representatives, administration officials, diplomats and foreign ambassadors." From the AIPAC website...

You have to wonder who is leading who sometimes. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Precisely. And just why do you do it?

ok I am calling you on that - what do you say I have 'made up'

I notice you don't give an example - it's obvious why you don't

If you can't answer that then you should stop making stuff up and ascribing it to people

It's a pretty talentless way to try and score a point

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

ok I am calling you on that - what do you say I have 'made up'

I notice you don't give an example - it's obvious why you don't

If you can't answer that then you should stop making stuff up and ascribing it to people

It's a pretty talentless way to try and score a point

Jews in the US are 1.7% of the population but 65% of the talking heads on all US TV channels

You made that lie up. Out of whole cloth. Cite, here and now, a legitimate reference (no Stormfront is not legitimate) for the 65% statistic, or any such statistic of Jewish "control" of television. Otherwise be branded for the makeshitup putz that you are.

they have all the money

Ditto. Find me a cite that we "have all the money".

Timeline

You made that lie up. Out of whole cloth. Cite, here and now, a legitimate reference (no Stormfront is not legitimate) for the 65% statistic, or any such statistic of Jewish "control" of television. Otherwise be branded for the makeshitup putz that you are.

Ditto. Find me a cite that we "have all the money".

I would rather quote Bill Maher (half Jewish) who was talking about Jesus and said "Jews aren't carpenters - Jews HAVE carpenters"

Seriously though, the idea that CNBC etc do not have a disproportionate proportion of Jews is simply ridiculous and nobody will believe your denial of that - it's jaw dropping to think you are pushing that

Again I repeat that there is nothing wrong with that - its just a popular career choice for Jews and very sensible

I had a career in Finance which involved mixing with corporate lawyers and top finance people in London and a very large proportion were Jews - its a fact that everyone knows - so get over it

What on earth is wrong with saying that ?

I think your denial is typical of the prickliness and paranoia which prevents political debate

There are very many Israeli Jews who are opposed to right wing Zionism and I could find many people in Israel who are Israeli and Jewish and who share my views

So pack it in with your cheap shots and moustache stuff

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I would rather quote Bill Maher (half Jewish) who was talking about Jesus and said "Jews aren't carpenters - Jews HAVE carpenters"

Seriously though, the idea that CNBC etc do not have a disproportionate proportion of Jews is simply ridiculous and nobody will believe your denial of that - it's jaw dropping to think you are pushing that

Again I repeat that there is nothing wrong with that - its just a popular career choice for Jews and very sensible

I had a career in Finance which involved mixing with corporate lawyers and top finance people in London and a very large proportion were Jews - its a fact that everyone knows - so get over it

What on earth is wrong with saying that ?

I think your denial is typical of the prickliness and paranoia which prevents political debate

There are very many Israeli Jews who are opposed to right wing Zionism and I could find many people in Israel who are Israeli and Jewish and who share my views

So pack it in with your cheap shots and moustache stuff

What you SAID was

65% of the talking heads on all US TV channels

That's what you said.

Those were your words.

You uttered them.

You didn't say Bill Maher.

You didn't say CNBC.

You said 65%. And you said all US TV channels.

You made that up.

You fabricated it.

You invented it.

You can run, you can hide, but you cannot escape it.

You then went on to insist that others are "making stuff up" in debating you.

Whereas you are unwilling to take ownership for your own guff.

It is what it is, and nothing will make it go away.

Yes. Our relationship with Israel actually complicates things.

Did some more reading. You are correct :star: and I was wrong. :bonk: Thanks for helping me to better understand. :thumbs:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Timeline

What you SAID was

That's what you said.

Those were your words.

You uttered them.

You didn't say Bill Maher.

You didn't say CNBC.

You said 65%. And you said all US TV channels.

You made that up.

You fabricated it.

You invented it.

You can run, you can hide, but you cannot escape it.

You then went on to insist that others are "making stuff up" in debating you.

Whereas you are unwilling to take ownership for your own guff.

It is what it is, and nothing will make it go away.

I am somewhat flexible on 65%

It might be 50 and it might be 70

What you should not deny is that the media/legal profession/finance/psychiatry etc is disproportionately Jewish and again I always have to add that there is nothing wrong with that and it could be seen as quite laudable that the Jewish family system encourages their children to be professionals

I suppose you can deny it actually

Do you deny it ?

Let's take a ride round Palm Beach or Beverly Hills while we think about it ?

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm a right winger, a Semite, no lover of Israel, although I like Jews just fine. I also have to agree with Alan that there are a disproportionate number of Jewish talking heads in the media. I'm not going to give it a number, but I watch the news one hell of a lot, and it's hard not to notice that when the Middle East is the topic, there are rarely any Muslims on the panel but usually more than one Jew. I'm not saying that all Jews support and love Israel either, they are divided about it, too. Yet, it doesn't help to maintain objectivity or balance in news reporting that most of the commentators tend to have a one-sided pro-Israel bent whether they are Jewish or not.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I was getting out more when you were in nappies and drinking gripe water.

It struck a chord and summed the situation up perfectly. At no time did I say that my whole opinion on Israel is based on what Paxman said - you made that up

You simply made that up... what's the point having a debate if people make stuff up ?

Who do you take your lead from other than yourself in isolation ?

Nothing wrong with listening to various opinions and adopting the parts that sound right

Jeremy Paxman (a fellow Yorkshireman) is no mug. He can be rather abrasive but his opinions should not be discounted for that

But your not having a debate. You are the one whose mind is made up in isolation, because you have, in your own words, discounted the opinions of others in forming your opinion. And, like it or not, you were the one who pointed to a Jeremy Paxman quote as forming the basis for that opinion. I made up nothing and used only what you included in your post.

So why get offensive? Or do you actively seek to live up to the stereotype of the typical Tyke?

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

I'm a right winger, a Semite, no lover of Israel, although I like Jews just fine. I also have to agree with Alan that there are a disproportionate number of Jewish talking heads in the media. I'm not going to give it a number, but I watch the news one hell of a lot, and it's hard not to notice that when the Middle East is the topic, there are rarely any Muslims on the panel but usually more than one Jew. I'm not saying that all Jews support and love Israel either, they are divided about it, too. Yet, it doesn't help to maintain objectivity or balance in news reporting that most of the commentators tend to have a one-sided pro-Israel bent whether they are Jewish or not.

Exactly - I am comforted by knowing that there are many left wing Israelis/Jews who would agree with me and not the people who try to shut down political debate by screaming racist at every opportunity.

The reason I know that is through mixing with Jews and listening to their take on the US/Israel/Palestine issues and also learning of the diversity of opinion in Israel.

They were mostly educated Jews and not the knee jerk people who only know one response to anyone who dares to discuss politics involving Israel - which is to call their debating partner a small mustached Austrian

It's a cheap simplistic shot and to be opposed by Jews and non-Jews alike and together

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I am somewhat flexible on 65%

It might be 50 and it might be 70

What you should not deny is that the media/legal profession/finance/psychiatry etc is disproportionately Jewish and again I always have to add that there is nothing wrong with that and it could be seen as quite laudable that the Jewish family system encourages their children to be professionals

I suppose you can deny it actually

Do you deny it ?

Let's take a ride round Palm Beach or Beverly Hills while we think about it ?

Again, I quote your own words right back to you:

You simply made that up... what's the point having a debate if people make stuff up ?

I don't care if you provide a statistic of 65%. Or 50%. Or 70%. The point is that you INVENTED this statistic. You have no evidence for it, otherwise you would have provided such evidence. Do you know why you can't? Because no such evidence exists. And you do know what the problem is with what you've done, right? I mean, with making up a number out of thin air? sure you do, because you told us yourself:

Now you try to tell me that your stereotyped portrayal of Jews is all good because it's meant with the best of intentions, with the greatest respect and admiration. What you don't seem to comprehend is that you ARE STEREOTYPING US as a group. And that I as a member of that group FIND THAT HIGHLY OBJECTIONABLE. And that giving back-handed compliments while you stereotype does NOT MAKE IT BETTER.

Stereotyping a demographic group, such as falsely labeling all Jews, with unsubstantiated and unsupportable accusations is a TOS violation:

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

I initially attempted to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were somehow unaware that you were causing offense, and would retract given an opportunity. I now see that your words are intentional and you indeed desire to cause offense. Duly noted. Over and out.

Edited by scandal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They don't even ruin the Internetz - that's Charles' doing.

:devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!