Captain Oates

Why do the ring wing love Israel ?

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Been listening to Rush on the way back from the dentists...

Why do Americans all suck up to Israel and Israel can do no wrong ?

Jews in the US are 1.7% of the population but 65% of the talking heads on all US TV channels on average and they have all the money - but

...what I don't understand is that 80% of Jews vote Democrat but the right wing suck up to them and Israel, even harder than the average American sucks up to Israel

I should state at this point that my last job was in a Jewish family business where I was described as 'part of the family' and we had a good laugh about their image and they were very relaxed and philosophical and humorous and I liked working in a Jewish firm. I have no problem with the the Jewish community who go for good jobs which are easy - and that's what I have always done because it's sensible.

I tried unloading coal trucks by hand and I tried being a finance director and boy the Jews have it right with their chosen professions in finance and the media and psychiatry etc .

My wife says the US as a whole sucking up to Israel is something to do with evangelicals wanting to be part of the holy land

I genuinely don't understand why a few million people should be hero-worshiped and showered with so much unswerving loyalty and affection and tax payers money

Is it just the overly powerful influence of the 1.7% or is there more to it ?

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

That does not explain why the US does not veto Israel expanding into Palestinian territory or criticize the shooting of the people who were taking food and medical supplies to the Gaza strip by boat

Why can no criticism ever be made ?

I think criticism is made but to some degree most Americans, RWN's, LWN's, middle of the roaders, Athiests and Evangelicals alike sympathize and generally side with Israel. I don't think it is one side or the other and everyone has varying reasons for doing so, not any particular single reason.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's one of thoe apocolyptic religious things.

Whoever controls that part of the world, controls the fate of the world it would seem.

Nothing really would happen, but it scares the hell out of religious fanatics for anyone else to control that land.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think criticism is made but to some degree most Americans, RWN's, LWN's, middle of the roaders, Athiests and Evangelicals alike sympathize and generally side with Israel. I don't think it is one side or the other and everyone has varying reasons for doing so, not any particular single reason.

I too tend to side with Israel, but can't help but marvel at the "Israel is our best friend ever in the whole wide world" talk as well.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Here is a link that might help a little. :star:

Israel was and is America's #1 Middle East ally. :star:

Lots and Lots of oil in the Middle East. :star:

Cold war had some influence too. :star:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Timeline

Here is a link that might help a little.

Israel was and is America's best Middle East ally. :star:

Lots and Lots of oil in the Middle East. :star:

Cold war had some influence too. :star:

Well that's not saying much in its self.

What makes you think our love of Israel has anything to do with the price or avaIlability of oil in the middle east?

Concern over the possible region wide attack on Israel has more credence than "oil" IMHO.

Even so, it seems hardly a "friend/ partner" relationship.

HOw many of us support our friends with financial payments?

The more we pledge our military protection to a country.... the less a country is inclined to pay for it's own defense.

We have seen this all across the globe.

William Penn

Well that's not saying much in its self.

What makes you think our love of Israel has anything to do with the price or avaIlability of oil in the middle east?

Concern over the possible region wide attack on Israel has more credence than "oil" IMHO.

Even so, it seems hardly a "friend/ partner" relationship.

HOw many of us support our friends with financial payments?

The more we pledge our military protection to a country.... the less a country is inclined to pay for it's own defense.

We have seen this all across the globe.

The OP asked why?

I gave my opinion as to some reasons why the US/Israel alliance began, flourished and exists today. :star:

I also agree that the religious element plays a part. :yes:

We are discussing the foundation/reason for the alliance, correct? :unsure:

Do you want to take the discussion in a different direction? :star:

Timeline

The OP asked why?

I gave my opinion as to some reasons why the US/Israel alliance began, flourished and exists today. :star:

I also agree that the religious element plays a part. :yes:

We are discussing the foundation/reason for the alliance, correct? :unsure:

Do you want to take the discussion in a different direction? :star:

Forgive me if I strayed a little wider. :innocent:

I am inclined to think a big part of the reason so few people are willing to voice a dissenting opinion about our current support or commitments with Israel is because they are so roundly attacked as being anti-semtic.

I could be wrong but it seems more opposition has reared it's head in the last number of years, sympathy for the Palestinians coupled with those who just oppose sending tax dollars abroad does seem on the increase.

Evangelicals have been perhaps Israel s most fervent support for decades as you pointed out, I suspect that is slipping too as congregational formats are changing rapidly.

William Penn

Forgive me if I strayed a little wider. :innocent:

I am inclined to think a big part of the reason so few people are willing to voice a dissenting opinion about our current support or commitments with Israel is because they are so roundly attacked as being anti-semtic.

I could be wrong but it seems more opposition has reared it's head in the last number of years, sympathy for the Palestinians coupled with those who just oppose sending tax dollars abroad does seem on the increase.

Evangelicals have been perhaps Israel s most fervent support for decades as you pointed out, I suspect that is slipping too as congregational formats are changing rapidly.

No problem. :star:

Frankly, I predict that Iraq will eventually take priority as "THE" US Mid-East ally ahead of Israel. :star:

The Iraq democracy is fledgling and somewhat fragile but still a democracy. :yes:

The US will never leave Israel hanging but I think Iraq will get the chair nearest the US ear. :yes:

but, The US did back the Baath party too. That didn't work out too well. :whistle: So, Time will tell. :star:

In fact, I think Obama-mama demonstrated the direction in thinking. The US agenda is to get the mess cleaned up with a hurry up and form the 2 states. :bonk:

The US has more imporant (domestic / international) issues on the table and Israel is not high on the priority list anymore. :whistle:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Been listening to Rush on the way back from the dentists...

Why do Americans all suck up to Israel and Israel can do no wrong ?

Jews in the US are 1.7% of the population but 65% of the talking heads on all US TV channels on average and they have all the money - but

...what I don't understand is that 80% of Jews vote Democrat but the right wing suck up to them and Israel, even harder than the average American sucks up to Israel

I should state at this point that my last job was in a Jewish family business where I was described as 'part of the family' and we had a good laugh about their image and they were very relaxed and philosophical and humorous and I liked working in a Jewish firm. I have no problem with the the Jewish community who go for good jobs which are easy - and that's what I have always done because it's sensible.

I tried unloading coal trucks by hand and I tried being a finance director and boy the Jews have it right with their chosen professions in finance and the media and psychiatry etc .

My wife says the US as a whole sucking up to Israel is something to do with evangelicals wanting to be part of the holy land

I genuinely don't understand why a few million people should be hero-worshiped and showered with so much unswerving loyalty and affection and tax payers money

Is it just the overly powerful influence of the 1.7% or is there more to it ?

Its just human nature to want to root for the good guy. ;)

Edited by _Simpson_

I have one and only one millionaire in my family. My Aunt married a Jew, a self made man. True story.

Alan is always trying to stir the pot. I try not to take him too serious.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you mean no harm in what you've written. But can you please, please, PLEASE stop perpetuating the same tired old stereotypes.

- That Jews control the media

- That Jews control the wealth

- That Jews, as a group, "target" certain professions and lifestyles

Enough already, enough.

These stereotypes are tired, old, wrong, and offensive.

There are wealthy Jews and poor Jews, hardworking ones and lazy ones, college educated and high school dropouts, successful and failed, professionals and blue collar, intelligent and idiotic, Republican and Democratic, religious and secular, tight-fisted and generous. Jews do NOT control the media, politics, the Federal Reserve, the Dept. of Commerce, the US Treasury, Goldman Sachs, the banks, Wall St., Hollywood, NBC, the NY Times. They don't even ruin the Internetz - that's Charles' doing.

Just stop it already.

:thumbs:

A discussion about the Illuminati would have more merit. :star:

or HAARP! :hehe:

Edited by Vi-Jay