Captain Oates

Why do the ring wing love Israel ?

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I can't speak for all right wingers of course, but as a right winger I understand what being weak and helpless is like. I have been through that and pulled myself up with hard work and determination. I think all people care for other people, even if you don't see it on display on a daily basis. There is often a fundamental difference on HOW to help other people, but the goal of helping other people is often the same.

After my experiences with the US Government, most recently with the USCIS/NVC and their incompetence that has separated me from my wife of 27 years for over a year now; I have very little faith that Government can cure problems of society.

Can't have it both ways - the right wing spend half their time trying to urge the government to stop immigration and the other half saying the government should not be involved in anything. Death squads (contractors) on the border is the logical conclusion - no thanks.

I know that all gov depts are inefficient and often incompetent but it's better than the anarchy of having a private fire dept who ignore your house on fire as your bill is 2 weeks late

Everything is comparative and on the whole, having government is better than free market buccaneering when it comes to essential services and nobody realizes that until they have desperate need of them. By detailing your USCIS problems, you simply reinforce the need for more and better government rather than its dissolution

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Can't have it both ways - the right wing spend half their time trying to urge the government to stop immigration and the other half saying the government should not be involved in anything. Death squads (contractors) on the border is the logical conclusion - no thanks.

I know that all gov depts are inefficient and often incompetent but it's better than the anarchy of having a private fire dept who ignore your house on fire as your bill is 2 weeks late

Everything is comparative and on the whole, having government is better than free market buccaneering when it comes to essential services and nobody realizes that until they have desperate need of them. By detailing your USCIS problems, you simply reinforce the need for more and better government rather than its dissolution

You make good points. For example, I am against school vouchers at this time because I want to see public schools succeed. I am proud that the USA has a nationwide free public school system and want it to succeed. I have the same attitude towards Medicare since I now know that the suggested approach to that is also vouchers.

But as I said and you pointed out, Governments seem to screw up everything. But again I have been in a few dysfunctional large corporations also so they mess up things just like Government does too. So what is one to do?

From the right side of the aisle, I think we see it like this; so many programs have been broken for so long and if they are not yet bankrupt they soon will be. Keeping the status quo is not the answer, so an alternative needs to be found. The suggested alternatives may not be appropriate or may not work, but at least a new solution is offered. I wish the politicians and the two main political sides would work together instead of arguing and name calling so that a workable solution to finally solve these issues can be found.

Edited by wshc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I can't speak for all right wingers of course, but as a right winger I understand what being weak and helpless is like. I have been through that and pulled myself up with hard work and determination. I think all people care for other people, even if you don't see it on display on a daily basis. There is often a fundamental difference on HOW to help other people, but the goal of helping other people is often the same.

After my experiences with the US Government, most recently with the USCIS/NVC and their incompetence that has separated me from my wife of 27 years for over a year now; I have very little faith that Government can cure problems of society.

That is the exact problem, too often (though not always) they create as many problems as they solve.

As long as we have been a civilizations families have taken care of their grandparents, in those cases where no family existed, communities had "old folks homes".

Due to Social programs people run to the Gov't first.. not family.

Why should the care of my Mother fall on my neighborhood before it falls on me?

It's gotten even more bizarre with social programs which feed the poor into Obesity (The poor are the most obese income group),

Every year the percentage of non-seniors collecting SSI payments increase as more people find medical reasons to claim they are disabled .

I know of several young people collecting SSI, one started collecting in his twenties due to a bad acid-trip.

We promise people that they will be cared for in their retirement.... thereby removing the motivation for folks to prepare for their own future.

Actaully it's even worse than that, my Parents, your parents and people before that, retired with houses or farms paid for, thanks to the popularity of "second mortgages", many people under 50-60 have burned up the only equity many low income people have on trips to Cancun and bass boats.

How are they going to make a house payment car payment, and eat on SSI?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

You make good points. For example, I am against school vouchers at this time because I want to see public schools succeed. I am proud that the USA has a nationwide free public school system and want it to succeed. I have the same attitude towards Medicare since I now know that the suggested approach to that is also vouchers.

But as I said and you pointed out, Governments seem to screw up everything. But again I have been in a few dysfunctional large corporations also so they mess up things just like Government does too. So what is one to do?

From the right side of the aisle, I think we see it like this; so many programs have been broken for so long and if they are not yet bankrupt they soon will be. Keeping the status quo is not the answer, so an alternative needs to be found. The suggested alternatives may not be appropriate or may not work, but at least a new solution is offered. I wish the politicians and the two main political sides would work together instead of arguing and name calling so that a workable solution to finally solve these issues can be found.

I worked for government for 3 short periods and it was very inefficient (before I got there)

But for all it's faults, at least there wasn't the abuse of power that I saw in private industry

30 years ago I worked in a small firm that was very profitable - the boss came in and shouted at a woman employee 'You - make me a cup of tea'. She said 'I am sorry but I am not employed as a tea lady'. He said "Get your Effing jacket on and xxxx xx out of my sight - I never want to see you again". It was against the law to dismiss her like that but he had a budget fund for employment fines so he could be as nasty as he wanted and able to get away with it.

Right wingers would nod admiringly at this man's free entrepreneurial spirit and decisive action

We all have to decide what kind of world we want to inhabit for ourselves, our friends, our families and those who come after us. Unbridled capitalism amd exploitation is not for me although I worked in private enterprise and made myself set for life. We were a 'nice' company and my boss was a moravian preacher. We treated people well and made money at the same time. However, without regulation and law, rogue companies can cause much damage to ordinary people

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

But for all it's faults, at least there wasn't the abuse of power that I saw in private industry

I have similar experiences like most people I would think. Just please don't group all right wingers together in to the wacko world, just as I don't group all lefties together in to the wacko world.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

That is the exact problem, too often (though not always) they create as many problems as they solve.

As long as we have been a civilizations families have taken care of their grandparents, in those cases where no family existed, communities had "old folks homes".

Due to Social programs people run to the Gov't first.. not family.

Why should the care of my Mother fall on my neighborhood before it falls on me?

It's gotten even more bizarre with social programs which feed the poor into Obesity (The poor are the most obese income group),

Every year the percentage of non-seniors collecting SSI payments increase as more people find medical reasons to claim they are disabled .

I know of several young people collecting SSI, one started collecting in his twenties due to a bad acid-trip.

We promise people that they will be cared for in their retirement.... thereby removing the motivation for folks to prepare for their own future.

Actaully it's even worse than that, my Parents, your parents and people before that, retired with houses or farms paid for, thanks to the popularity of "second mortgages", many people under 50-60 have burned up the only equity many low income people have on trips to Cancun and bass boats.

How are they going to make a house payment car payment, and eat on SSI?

The thing is that once a country crosses into the industrial gen. or post industrial gen. the old ways no longer work because they were based on a Giza style pyramid. We don't have that now.

Timeline

The thing is that once a country crosses into the industrial gen. or post industrial gen. the old ways no longer work because they were based on a Giza style pyramid. We don't have that now.

what pyramids ?

Is Glenn Beck in the house ? Weird shapes, weird meanings - what can this mean ?

Know what you mean though - once you have had an inside toilet its hard to go back to an outhouse in January

The pubs are trying to take us back to 1773 and it won't work.

Of course the Giza pyramids were built by the Jewish slaves with CAT bulldozers supplied free by the USA in appreciation of them keeping the Egyptians busy at home so they didn't discover oil in Saudi

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

what pyramids ?

Is Glenn Beck in the house ? Weird shapes, weird meanings - what can this mean ?

Know what you mean though - once you have had an inside toilet its hard to go back to an outhouse in January

The pubs are trying to take us back to 1773 and it won't work.

Of course the Giza pyramids were built by the Jewish slaves with CAT bulldozers supplied free by the USA in appreciation of them keeping the Egyptians busy at home so they didn't discover oil in Saudi

Sorry, I was in a hurry. By Giza pyramid I am referring to a population pyramid.

pyramid.gif

Timeline

Sorry, I was in a hurry. By Giza pyramid I am referring to a population pyramid.

pyramid.gif

jeepers I hope they dont give people birthday cards with that graph on it

- they will be knocking themselves off early in anticipation

If you swing that graph upside down it represents the number of eager widows a man can meet as he gets older

You can see I like to think positive

moresheep400100.jpg