^_^

Gender-creative children? WTF? What will the DFH's think of next?

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Little Mini-Bone is now 4 months (a bit plus) old, si man. And not that little, at 17 lbs. 8 oz., no man.

Daddy T-B. babysits while Mama-Mrs. T-B. gets some sanity-time on a brisk walk for an hour or so.

Daddy T-B. and Mini-B. enjoy good "bachelor time" together. The other night, we watched the Baby Einstein CD together. Although the plot was somewhat thin, we each gave it two thumbs up. (Actually, Mini-B. gave it two-thumbs-in-the-mouth.) After that, Mini-B. got a lift around the room on Daddy T-B.'s shoulder. After that, we read the book about the Five Little Ladybugs. After that, Mama-Mrs. T-B. came home and changed a little diaper, pee man.

Good man-time together, si man. Also, speaking from an only-other-guys-can-truly-understandpoint: The volume and duration of Mini-B.'s farts are independently impressive, assuredly, and they will ensure his popularity at fraternity parties in later life. Daddy T-B. is very proud, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Sorry to say, but some therapist is going to make a bundle of this kid in the future.

I wonder what she'll do when it's time to go to school. On the application, maybe she'll pick choice c. "all of the above". Or most likely, she'll "home school" the kid, like most of the other weirdos. Then the kid will not only grow up with gender issues, but won't have any friends and be anti-social. This has all the makings of a serial killer.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Isn't the entire point to abandon notions of "gender specific"?

It is the socially-determined girl/boy dichotomy I presume their intent is to abandon - one ought reasonably conclude that this would not involve "forcing" their child to vacillate between its material extremes.

And what will they do when the little boy decides he likes dolls more than trucks? He'll get his own TV show like that freak Rupaul.

Filed: Timeline

Or most likely, she'll "home school" the kid, like most of the other weirdos.

I left this part of the article out of my excerpt. Enjoy.

Witterick practices unschooling, an offshoot of home-schooling centred on the belief that learning should be driven by a child’s curiosity. There are no report cards, no textbooks and no tests. For unschoolers, learning is about exploring and asking questions, “not something that happens by rote from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays in a building with a group of same-age people, planned, implemented and assessed by someone else,” says Witterick. The fringe movement is growing. An unschooling conference in Toronto drew dozens of families last fall.

The kids have a lot of say in how their day unfolds. They decide if they want to squish through the mud, chase garter snakes in the park or bake cupcakes.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

And what will they do when the little boy decides he likes dolls more than trucks? He'll get his own TV show like that freak Rupaul.

Yep. Next thing you know, you'll be father and son shopping for finger nail polish and emo pants. Have him join the Boy Scouts. They'll teach him what being a man is all about.

I left this part of the article out of my excerpt. Enjoy.

Witterick practices unschooling, an offshoot of home-schooling centred on the belief that learning should be driven by a child's curiosity. There are no report cards, no textbooks and no tests. For unschoolers, learning is about exploring and asking questions, "not something that happens by rote from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays in a building with a group of same-age people, planned, implemented and assessed by someone else," says Witterick. The fringe movement is growing. An unschooling conference in Toronto drew dozens of families last fall.

The kids have a lot of say in how their day unfolds. They decide if they want to squish through the mud, chase garter snakes in the park or bake cupcakes.

Good grief.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I can only assume the presence of my text above this execrable drivel was the result of an imprecise button press on your part, for it appears in no way to comprehend or respond to the quite clearly outlined argument I present.

Best,

f-y.

Edited by faust-yusov

Good grief.

I'm sympathetic to the idea. I hate traditional schools, they seem designed to create factory workers. Punch in, punch out, do as teacher says. Contemporary schools are doing a lot to get away from this and foster more creativity but it needs to hurry up. The industrial age is well behind us so the schools need to catch up quick.

I had a feeling about the home schooling.:rofl: But this is even worse.

In other words, the kid can decide that he wants to play video games all day. The freak won't know the alphabet, how to read, count, and write. Another fine citizen in he making. I think there's a good chance that she was "un-schooled", or at the very least "home-schooled".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Were you and your ex-wife on the same page about it or was she more forceful?

I don't know why you are making this about me, not only does this concept not fit me or anyone I have ever even dated, I'm not aware of anyone who does not address a little boy as such or a little girl as such.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I'm sympathetic to the idea. I hate traditional schools, they seem designed to create factory workers. Punch in, punch out, do as teacher says. Contemporary schools are doing a lot to get away from this and foster more creativity but it needs to hurry up. The industrial age is well behind us so the schools need to catch up quick.

Salesmen have a saying in my industry, "For every toilet, there is an @ss to fit it." Perhaps with more examples like this, they can start producing more than just the American Standard Cadet.

I don't know why you are making this about me, not only does this concept not fit me or anyone I have ever even dated, I'm not aware of anyone who does not address a little boy as such or a little girl as such.

You need to tell Steven you beat your boy when he puts on moms lipstick and how your daddy beat you and your mommy never breastfed you and your uncle touched your wee wee when you were 11. That and only that will make him go away.

Timeline

Are you thinking more along the lines of Montessori? IMO, some children respond better to more structured learning, while others seem to repel from it. From what I've observed in my son's schooling over the last 4 years, is that classrooms try to incorporate all approaches to learning and I believe that in general, schools do a pretty good job.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You need to tell Steven you beat your boy when he puts on moms lipstick and how your daddy beat you and your mommy never breastfed you and your uncle touched your wee wee when you were 11. That and only that will make him go away.

I guess thats what he wants to hear.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Forgive me. I thought you once mentioned that you are middle-aged and then based on you stating that you have children (3, I'm guessing), that you were married before. Perhaps you could share a little more about your parental experiences so that I can understand where you are coming from.