Wayne and Claudia

End K-1 visas now

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I never knew they only counted US income. Thats screwed up if you ask me. Do they still have that rule ?

Yup. You should find Christ'ina 's post about what she did to move around monies in Italy, was a nightmare !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
The government has an obligation to protect you from my choice and needs to be assured that my choice for a spouse is of no threat to anyone else and that she will not cost you tax dollars.

And that is in the Constitution I bet.

That said, the other side of the coin...

We let people from quite a few countries come here with no visa whatsoever. A K-1 does not grant anything except a 90 day visit. What is the problem? There can be no AOS without a marriage, so no real benefit is granted without a commitment. As far as income requirements, there should be NONE. Why should there be? Simply make family visa immigrants ineleigible for any public means tested benefits until they are citizens. Job Done. The income requirements have nothing to do with whether you can actually support anyone anyway. They are about being able to collect means tested benefits if they are granted. Simply eliminate the possibility and that is that. I really do not care if you want to live under a bridge with your foreign wife. Have at it.

I am a US citizen, I have a right to marry anyone I want from anywhere I want and you do not have to like it. The government has an obligation to protect you from my choice and needs to be assured that my choice for a spouse is of no threat to anyone else and that she will not cost you tax dollars. Other than that, it should be no one's business but my own.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's absurd that in this day and age that visas would still be granted based on infatiation. No more K-1 visas! If an American citizen can't or won't or refuses to take the time and expense to marry a person in a foreign land then no visa should be granted. Furthermore, if any financial means is needed outside of the USC's income then no visa should be granted. Life is tough, suck it up.

Are you still on this kick? Did you get rejected for the K-1 before going the CR-1/IR-1 route? Just curious as it seems to bother you enough that it pops up out of nowhere (repeatedly).

You're married. It was in Colombia. Congrats. We're married. It was in the USA. So be it. I don't see the difference other than we probably paid more, especially when you consider the 7 trips to Colombia made prior to her getting the visa (and the one more after.) Since I highly doubt you are paying any K-1 visa seeker's way, I don't see why it's any of your concern.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Good luck on your interview, it's coming up soon!

Thank you very much!

:ot2:

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Are you still on this kick? Did you get rejected for the K-1 before going the CR-1/IR-1 route? Just curious as it seems to bother you enough that it pops up out of nowhere (repeatedly).

You're married. It was in Colombia. Congrats. We're married. It was in the USA. So be it. I don't see the difference other than we probably paid more, especially when you consider the 7 trips to Colombia made prior to her getting the visa (and the one more after.) Since I highly doubt you are paying any K-1 visa seeker's way, I don't see why it's any of your concern.

It's all about the baiting, and it looks like we got us a master. Peace. :star:

jail-bait-regrets.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Yup. You should find Christ'ina 's post about what she did to move around monies in Italy, was a nightmare !

Maybe the govt. has some reason for that, but to me it seems crazy. I mean if suzy smith and joe blow make X amount of money in another country I see no reason why it can't just be converted into US dollars. Money is money and it all spends the same. Crazy stupid rule if you ask me.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Maybe the govt. has some reason for that, but to me it seems crazy. I mean if suzy smith and joe blow make X amount of money in another country I see no reason why it can't just be converted into US dollars. Money is money and it all spends the same. Crazy stupid rule if you ask me.

It doesn't though, because the money stops when the couple moves to the USA. I made very good money in Ireland, but of course I had to give the job up when we moved over. Fortunately, having made good money, we had plenty of savings to sponsor on assets.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

The OP must have also missed the fact that some countries make it exceedingly difficult for a foreigner to marry a national in their country. Poor guy, he must really have some sort of heartbreaking story to hate on an alternate route to the same end. Otherwise, what's the point?

ETA: and once again a P.I.S. ad shows up with this post! Argh! Stupid "consultants" feigning expertise in a field not credentialed in.

Edited by LaL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Awesome post!!! I'll take it a step further... Get rid of mean tested benefits for everyone and the problem is solved. Heck, legalize the 11+ million illegal immigrants then. That is the solution... No more welfare for anyone and the whole failure in the system is flawed. Many would argue that they paid taxes for the right to welfare. I disagree. The top 10% pay basically all the taxes in this country... and do you think they want their tax dollars supporting people on welfare? Illegal or not is irrelevant. The taxes people in the lower income brackets pay all don't even add up to pay enough for basic government functioning.

Solution...

1) I disagree with the OP's idea of no K1. K-1 or marry in US is irrelevant and does no harm to anyone.

2) I completely agree with getting rid of co-sponsors

3) I actually think we should amnesty all the 11 million illegal immigrants

4) NO more welfare benefits for ANYONE. The only welfare benefit I support would be disability. Heck, I don't even support SSI for the elderly. Survival of the fittest. If you don't save for your retirement, it's your own fault.

Great post Gary

That said, the other side of the coin...

We let people from quite a few countries come here with no visa whatsoever. A K-1 does not grant anything except a 90 day visit. What is the problem? There can be no AOS without a marriage, so no real benefit is granted without a commitment. As far as income requirements, there should be NONE. Why should there be? Simply make family visa immigrants ineleigible for any public means tested benefits until they are citizens. Job Done. The income requirements have nothing to do with whether you can actually support anyone anyway. They are about being able to collect means tested benefits if they are granted. Simply eliminate the possibility and that is that. I really do not care if you want to live under a bridge with your foreign wife. Have at it.

I am a US citizen, I have a right to marry anyone I want from anywhere I want and you do not have to like it. The government has an obligation to protect you from my choice and needs to be assured that my choice for a spouse is of no threat to anyone else and that she will not cost you tax dollars. Other than that, it should be no one's business but my own.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Awesome post!!! I'll take it a step further... Get rid of mean tested benefits for everyone and the problem is solved. Heck, legalize the 11+ million illegal immigrants then. That is the solution... No more welfare for anyone and the whole failure in the system is flawed. Many would argue that they paid taxes for the right to welfare. I disagree. The top 10% pay basically all the taxes in this country... and do you think they want their tax dollars supporting people on welfare? Illegal or not is irrelevant. The taxes people in the lower income brackets pay all don't even add up to pay enough for basic government functioning.

Solution...

1) I disagree with the OP's idea of no K1. K-1 or marry in US is irrelevant and does no harm to anyone.

2) I completely agree with getting rid of co-sponsors

3) I actually think we should amnesty all the 11 million illegal immigrants

4) NO more welfare benefits for ANYONE. The only welfare benefit I support would be disability. Heck, I don't even support SSI for the elderly. Survival of the fittest. If you don't save for your retirement, it's your own fault.

Great post Gary

Haha lets get rid of the minimum wage too why we are at it.That way we can accelerate towards this:

feudalism.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1305424033&Signature=vyJhEJKp5P6XJY7BlleHjdiqt3o%3D

Filed: Timeline

Haha lets get rid of the minimum wage too why we are at it.That way we can accelerate towards this:

feudalism.jpg

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Request has expired</Message>

<RequestId>61227C65A6D69622</RequestId>

<Expires>2011-05-15T01:47:13Z</Expires>

<HostId>

9moyssEITL9J4MqG76TeqydzYmEkrZ3uZEhY4Og8lRSBb6k//kP+KGi/KNOsKf3K

</HostId>

<ServerTime>2011-05-15T01:48:26Z</ServerTime>

</Error>