28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Do I need to send the I-693 for a K1? My husband had the medical done in Peru and we have paperwork for that and the vaccinations? I see many different answers for this one on VJ. From what I have gathered the medical information should be forwarded from POE immigration to USCIS, waiting on my AOS papers. We do have a copy of the vaccination records, but it does not have DS-3025 on the form. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

ugh! someone needs to answer you because I had exactly the same question! I was just about to email you! I'm not sure that Jimmy even has a copy of his vaccination records besides the one that is really faded and from when he was a kid (you can barely read it). He got a few vaccinations in Lima, but I'm not sure that he has a record of that. I'm so confused about this part!

9/24- I-129F received by CSC

9/27 NOA1 received in mail

9/28- Check Cashed

10/1- touched

2/23- RFE email

2/28- RFE hardcopy

3/7- NOA2!!!!!

3/28- Interview! APPROVED!

4/7 - Jimmy arrives in the USA!

event.png

I'm in the process of doing my AOS too. This question about the medical stuff is driving me crazy, I can't figure it out. On the instructions for the I-485 it says "If you are a K-1 fiance or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your form I-485." I take this to mean we don't need to submit the I-693 form just the form we received at our medical. I don't have any of the other medical info to take with me to a civil surgeon so I don't know how he could fill out any part other than the vaccinations. I'm going to submit it with just my vaccination stuff I received and hope for the best. I'm not sure what else to do.

K1 Journey AOS Timeline
2010-01-05: Got engaged 2011-05-14: AOS, EAD, AP Package Sent
2010-03-09: Sent I-129F package 2011-05-16: AOS, EAD, AP Package Received
2010-03-15: NOA 1 2011-05-20: NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP
2010-06-08: RFE issued 2011-06-13: Transferred to CSC
2010-06-18: Returned info for RFE 2011-06-17: Biometrics Appointment
2010-07-25: Denied I-129F 2011-07-22: EAD/AP Approved
2010-08-13: Sent appeal 2011-07-27: AOS Approved
2010-08-24: NOA 2
2010-11-05: Packet 3 returned to Vancouver
2010-12-01: Medical
2010-12-01: Interview-APPROVED!!
2010-12-15: Visa received
2011-02-18: POE North Portal/Portal
2011-03-18: Got Married!

ROC Timeline
2013-06-20: ROC Package Sent

2013-06-24: ROC Package Received

2013-06-24: NOA 1

2013-07-25: Biometrics Appointment

2013-09-04: ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes you do and should, contrary yo what anyone else may say here......don't and there is a risk you'll get an RFE. If you want yo endure you will not, then fi it

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I'm in the process of doing my AOS too. This question about the medical stuff is driving me crazy, I can't figure it out. On the instructions for the I-485 it says "If you are a K-1 fiance or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiance visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your form I-485." I take this to mean we don't need to submit the I-693 form just the form we received at our medical. I don't have any of the other medical info to take with me to a civil surgeon so I don't know how he could fill out any part other than the vaccinations. I'm going to submit it with just my vaccination stuff I received and hope for the best. I'm not sure what else to do.

Some people only send form DS-3025 (vaccination sheet) if it is marked as "completed". While some get accepted, others get RFE for it. If you want to be sure, go to a civil surgeon and have your vaccinations transcribed to form I-693 (just vaccinations, not the whole medical). It's pain in the a$$ because most civil surgeons won't transcribe them without doing a complete medical, but you have to keep calling until you find somebody that will. Good luck!

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Hi Jason & Sherri,

You are correct but it also states the following:

I-693 Medical Examnication and Vaccination Record Instructions Page 4 Section III 2 ©(b)

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designation civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information about you, Part 2, the vaccination chart and Part 5, the civil surgeon's certification, of form I-693"

Some members what have done is submitted a copy of the form DS-3025 that they received when the did the medical exam overseas. Some of us did not have that privileged as we were not given anything.

This are the steps my husbands did for his medical, knowing he was still within the one year mark. Since he did not have any records of his vaccinations, I took him to our doctor to verify thru blood test what vaccines his has taken in the past and vaccines he needed. The doctor gave him the vaccines that were missing. Next we took the vaccination report from our doctor and gave it to the civil surgeon we found. He charged us $130 for immigration exam. which also included a medical exam said we only needed the vaccination report but they said that is a flat fee they charge no matter what. Since I was not about to make a big fit about it with a head ache, searching for another CS. I said fine, lets do it. From I was able to observe the exam itself was like 2 mins, they took some blood test, and also TB test. Within 2 days the forms were complete and done with.

Another note: some members have mentioned that they were able to find a CS who would charge a small fee just to transcribe the vaccine report on to the I-693 form without any problems. But this up to the members responsibility to locate the nearest CS based on the Immigrations website list of approved CS: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Please note that some members have received a RFE for not submitting the I-693

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Read # 8 in the I-485 instructions specific to K-1 and tell me what you think.

The vaccination supplement consist of Part 1, Part 2 and Part 5 of form I-693

Part 1 is only basic information of the one submitting the form

Part 2 Vaccination Report

Part 5 Civil Surgeons Signature

Have you had a chance to review the form I-693?

You can either submit a copy of DS-3025 (needs to say completed) or submit form I-693 with parts 1, 2 and 5

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Timeline

Read # 8 in the I-485 instructions specific to K-1 and tell me what you think.

What CGOlivas said.

Bottom line, you have to send proof of completed vaccinations with your AOS packet. If you don't have DS-3025, then you have to go to a civil surgeon, bring a proof of your vaccinations (if you don't have it then they will do a blodd test) and they will transcribe it to I-693.

If you don't send either completed DS-3025 or I-693, you will get RFE.

My Immigration Journey:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yep, CGOlivas quoted you the instructions. You need to get a civil surgeon to transcribe your vaccinations to the I-693. You only need to fill out part 1, part 2 (vaccinations section only), and part 5. You do not need the medical again, just the vaccinations. We filled out part 1 (the personal info), printed the whole form and took it with us to the CS. They used the form we brought in. Call around until you find a CS willing to follow the instructions for a K-1. Quote them the instructions, print them out and show it to them, if needed. You can usually find someone, after calling several. You might even need to drive further than you had planned, but there should be some CS that won't rip you off. There is a thread around here you can sift through: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok, so just to clarify since ReinitaRey and I are in the exact same situation (same civil surgeon in Peru), here is what I understand. Our civil surgeon didn't give my husband any forms (no ds-3025), just a doctors form that shows what vaccinations he gave him. My husband also has his vaccination records from when he was a baby.

So we need to find a civil surgeon and have him transcribe the vaccine records onto part 2 of the i-693 and then sign part 5?

Is this correct?

Also, just out of curiosity, what is all this stuff? I mean, he did the medical exam in Peru, and I'm pretty sure completed all his vaccines, so shouldn't that all be in his file (the packet he gave at POE)?

Also, I had also been confused about this, but didn't hear about ds-3025 until I started my AOS research (after my husband got here). I feel like it should say something on the directions for K-1 about making sure you get a DS-3025 from your CS abroad. I spent copious amounts of time on this website just browsing and reading about the K-1 process and never heard of that form (ok, please don't reprimand me or call me ignorant for this-- I just never saw anything, maybe it exists in some obscure corner of VJ). Has anyone ever tried having the CS abroad fill out the i-693 when they do the medical exam? Would this even work?

9/24- I-129F received by CSC

9/27 NOA1 received in mail

9/28- Check Cashed

10/1- touched

2/23- RFE email

2/28- RFE hardcopy

3/7- NOA2!!!!!

3/28- Interview! APPROVED!

4/7 - Jimmy arrives in the USA!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Ok, so just to clarify since ReinitaRey and I are in the exact same situation (same civil surgeon in Peru), here is what I understand. Our civil surgeon didn't give my husband any forms (no ds-3025), just a doctors form that shows what vaccinations he gave him. My husband also has his vaccination records from when he was a baby.

So we need to find a civil surgeon and have him transcribe the vaccine records onto part 2 of the i-693 and then sign part 5?

Is this correct?

Also, just out of curiosity, what is all this stuff? I mean, he did the medical exam in Peru, and I'm pretty sure completed all his vaccines, so shouldn't that all be in his file (the packet he gave at POE)?

Also, I had also been confused about this, but didn't hear about ds-3025 until I started my AOS research (after my husband got here). I feel like it should say something on the directions for K-1 about making sure you get a DS-3025 from your CS abroad. I spent copious amounts of time on this website just browsing and reading about the K-1 process and never heard of that form (ok, please don't reprimand me or call me ignorant for this-- I just never saw anything, maybe it exists in some obscure corner of VJ). Has anyone ever tried having the CS abroad fill out the i-693 when they do the medical exam? Would this even work?

No it wouldn't work because the doc in the home country is a panel physician, not a civil surgeon.

It actually says ON the DS-3025 at the bottom of the form that the applicant must be given a copy. I personally contacted my doc (from the K1) back home to get what was required. Have you attempted that?

You are correct that a lot of people don't look into what's required for AOS until they've arrived in the US - and this needs to stop. It would save a LOT of trouble if it was explained and looked into before the immigrant arrived in the US. The AOS thread in my signature was created for this reason.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Is this correct?

Correct.

Yes, it should be. However, vaccinations are not required for K-1, so not everyone completes them before entering the US. But they are required for AOS so the person applying for permanent residence has to show that they have had all required vaccines.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide you will see that DS-3025 is mentioned and it suggests that you request a copy of it at your medical because you will need it for AOS.

Doctors abroad are called Panel Physicians and they can't fill out I-693. Only Civil Surgeons, designated by USCIS can fill out form I-693.

My Immigration Journey:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

We knew about the form before the medical, and my husband tried to get the form filled out. However, in Mexico, the panel physicians give a blank DS-3025 to K-1 applicants, and refused to fill it out for him or give him any vaccinations he might have needed, even when he offered to pay them for it. K-1 visa holders are not required to get them before entry to the US, so in Mexico, they do not bother with that part of the medical at all. They are required for AOS though, but they do not care about making your immigration journey easier for you.

We had to take his vaccination records to the civil surgeon here and have them transcribed to the I-693. If they are not in English, make sure you ask if they need the shot records translated before you go there.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I asked about the DS-3025 when I went for my medical here in Toronto, they told me that they automatically give everyone the form filled out.

I`m confused about this as well.

I have the form all filled out by the doctor.

I have all the right vaccinations, I actually needed to get the MMR again and did so the day of my medical, and that was also recorded on the form.

The only ones I don`t have on the form are the shots that were not age appropriate for me and the doctor marked the form with that information.

The lady at the office told me that this is the form I send in with the AOS and I believe them since they do many of these per day.

I`m confused because I keep reading conflicting info on this subject on here.

I`ve read the instructions and it says to use this form and you will be fine. But I`ve also read that things being marked "not age appropriate" is not ok.

I don't get this really, if I NEED these shots then how would I possibly pass my medical?

It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't want to pay an American civil surgeon for something I don't actually need.

So frustrating!! This is the only part of the AOS that I'm completely confused by lol.

Edited by Shorah

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.