wantknow

Falling in love with someone from another country is not a crime!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I went to this site and voice my opinion on this topic ... Thanks to schretel in VJ for posting the link :thumbs: Please keep it going maybe we will be heard ... power in numbers!!! Sign Sign Sign :thumbs:The Link

1118444909.JPG

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Timeline

I voiced my opinion as well. :thumbs:

Timeline

06/27/2007 - We met online

04/29/2010 - Went to Morocco to visit Rachid

05/07/2010 - Married

06/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/17/2010 - I-130 Packet Delivered, signed for by L. BOX

06/22/2010 - NOA1 issued and mailed

06/24/2010 - Cheque Cashed ($355)

06/25/2010 - Received NOA 1 in mail

06/29/2010 - Touched

06/30/2010 - Touched :)

08/03/2010 - Touched :)

10/07/2010 - Touched :)

01/26/2011 - RFE

02/08/2011 - Sent USCIS our RFE

02/10/2011 - USCIS Received the RFE

03/22/2011 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

03/28/2011 - NVC received our Petition

04/05/2011 - NVC Case Number Given

04/07/2011 - Paid AOS

04/16/2011 - Paid IV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

not regional related, moved from mena regional to General Immigration Related Discussion

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

At this point in time, liberals want amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Nope.

Although I'm politically an independent, I'm a liberal at heart, and my wife, who is politically very involved, is so liberal that it would make your head spin. None of us want amnesty for illegal immigrants. We could talk about some form of the DREAM Act for children, perhaps even adults up to age 20 or 21, but that's where the music stops. Don't assume that every liberal or even most liberals support any form of amnesty. That's not correct. The American people are overwhelmingly against amnesty of any form or shape. There is some support, but it's marginal, and the Democrats are making a big mistake if they want to shove this down the throats of the American public.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Isn't why they created K1/CR1/IR1 for? what is the problem here :unsure:

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Nope.

Although I'm politically an independent, I'm a liberal at heart, and my wife, who is politically very involved, is so liberal that it would make your head spin. None of us want amnesty for illegal immigrants. We could talk about some form of the DREAM Act for children, perhaps even adults up to age 20 or 21, but that's where the music stops. Don't assume that every liberal or even most liberals support any form of amnesty. That's not correct. The American people are overwhelmingly against amnesty of any form or shape. There is some support, but it's marginal, and the Democrats are making a big mistake if they want to shove this down the throats of the American public.

The problem is that Americans would rather be entertained than educated about this issue. What it cost's to house and detain and run this absurd Detention Industrial Complex is not known to the taxpayer therefore he is convinced it is perfectly reasonable to split up families that contain US Citizens, insist US Citizens leave thier own country for family unity which is beyond absurd... considering the circumstances most US Citizens met thier spouses who are subject to 3/10 year bars...

Hmmm, they met them here in the US after US Government failed to keep them out, they meet them at work, church, and school. They get married fall in love and whoops... looks like the only ones S _ H _ I _ T out of luck in "forgiveness" for immigration BS moves in the US Citizens... in legitimate long term marriages to foreign nationals who EWI or were dragged here by parents as kids.

Now if you meet a total stranger cruising for an immigrant VISA on the net that you have no collateral knowledge about you can have them here in 6-8 months. Or they fly over intending to AOS no problem that can be fixed.

Sorry the system is wildly out of whack.

if you fly in and marry ... after you have hung around a couple of years...you get a pass but not someone who EWI'd ( and 40% of the illegal poulation is overstayers..)

I don't get the "moral superiority" of someone who lied to consulate officer and stayed here beyond VISA expiration... vs someone who migrated for economic reasons.

When they say the system is broken... its beyond that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don’t think there is anything wrong against the process, maybe can be more effective, but the various agencies do need the time that they ask for to check for any fraud or wrongdoing.

Such petitions are of no use, all you are asking in petition is open the borders and anyone can enter and exit without any check.

It is not happening….. sorry – if you cannot wait for few months then can’t help it.

If you are uscis then they treat it as a Crime, the part about uscis that disturbs me the most is their complete disregard for the person who is being petitioned judgement . Shouldn't uscis just let people decide who they want to be with, and have that be enough? I feel the only one that needs to judge my character is my wife , and if i'm good enough for her, in her eyes then thats all that matters

USCIS treats those that married american citizens as if they have no mental abilities to decide for themselves

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don’t think there is anything wrong against the process, maybe can be more effective, but the various agencies do need the time that they ask for to check for any fraud or wrongdoing.

Such petitions are of no use, all you are asking in petition is open the borders and anyone can enter and exit without any check.

It is not happening….. sorry – if you cannot wait for few months then can’t help it.

Here is the thing, the reason these folks feel compelled to get involved in a petition is because its not reasonable checks or reasonable time frames.

Not sure where you pulled asking for open borders.. ??? Does anyone actually read on this forum?

Timeline

Here is the thing, the reason these folks feel compelled to get involved in a petition is because its not reasonable checks or reasonable time frames.

Not sure where you pulled asking for open borders.. ??? Does anyone actually read on this forum?

Thanks :thumbs: for the clarification ... I cound not have worded it better... Don't judge until you have walked in my shoes ... our story is the story of thousands...

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nope.

42 percent of Democrats want a path to citizenship for illegals. 33 percent of independents and 16 percent of Republicans want the same. The overall average, from all groups, is the same as the independents - 33 percent. This is according to a CNN/ORC poll from April of last year.

So you're correct - it's not a majority of liberals, but it is a substantial percentage - a lot more than "marginal". Don't fool yourself into thinking that means it won't happen. A strong majority of Americans also didn't want the health care act to be enacted, and they shoved it down our throats anyway.

To everyone else: Please, make a petition for Congress. Don't bother petitioning Executive Branch agencies. They don't respond to public pressure. What they DO respond to are changes in the law, pressure from the President or Congress, or recommendations for policy guidelines that are in the interest of the agency; i.e., that make their job easier. What this petition is asking for will make their job harder because it would require them to do the work they're required by law to do, but do it with a mandatory deadline. They have absolutely no legal obligation to grant the requests in this petition, and no compelling motive to do so, either. Petitioning bureaucrats is an exercise in futility. Congress, on the other hand, has a very strong motive to listen - they need your votes.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Coz I see most ppl even complain about waiting for 5-6 months. If they cannot wait for 5-6 months, they want to move here the day they get married - that is opening up the border, where anyone can enter anytime they like without going thru the process.

If ppl have passed a resonable wait time, they have option to approach their Congressman and most do it and it makes their case move.

Timeline

Thanks :thumbs: for the clarification ... I cound not have worded it better... Don't judge until you have walked in my shoes ... our story is the story of thousands...

I see your timeline and seems your case was moving along pretty well, so why you think you were not treated right by USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.