bairesgirl

Still waiting for Immigration to cash my checks...

28 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!!

I m starting to get really worried cause I see most people here who has mailed all their documents in order to do the AOS, Immigration has cashed their checks within a few days or a couple weeks at the most..

My lawyer mailed all the paperwork and checks on March 23rd and Immigration still haven t cashed my checks...

I m starting to worry that something went wrong or the papers got lost...

I saw someone here talking about a sub forum about people who filled for the AOS in march this yr and that their AOS s are also taking longer.... can someone tell me what s going on? if u know about any extra info I might be missing..

Hope to hear from any of you,thank you so much for taking the time to read my message.

Have a great day!!

Leslie

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

I m starting to get really worried cause I see most people here who has mailed all their documents in order to do the AOS, Immigration has cashed their checks within a few days or a couple weeks at the most..

My lawyer mailed all the paperwork and checks on March 23rd and Immigration still haven t cashed my checks...

I saw someone here talking about a sub forum about people who filled for the AOS in march this yr and that their AOS s are also taking longer.... can someone tell me what s going on? if u know about any extra info I might be missing..

Hope to hear from any of you,thank you so much for taking the time to read my message.

Have a great day!!

Leslie

It's still early.. they take 20 days to open your mail. your Lawyer should have advised you to pay online. Ask you lawyer to make and other fees online.

Oh ok, cause I see the time lines from many people here and it s like they sent the package and 1 week later UCSIS let them know they have it, or cash the checks...

Too late for on line payment now, I already made checks for all the fees..... she didn t tell me that was an option...

Well I still have to wait... it will be 3 weeks this wednesday, I ll u all posted what happened...

Thank u so much for the info!!

Leslie

Filed: Country:
Timeline
It's still early.. they take 20 days to open your mail. your Lawyer should have advised you to pay online. Ask you lawyer to make and other fees online.

Where do you get this info from?

Since when can an applicant pay Adjustment of Status Fees online? I'm only aware of NVC accepting fee payments online (Affidavit of Support & Immigrant Visa Fees).

I will agree that it can take a week or few for the check to show-up at your bank and your NOA1 to be issued though.

Where do you get this info from?

Since when can an applicant pay Adjustment of Status Fees online? I'm only aware of NVC accepting fee payments online (Affidavit of Support & Immigrant Visa Fees).

I will agree that it can take a week or few for the check to show-up at your bank and your NOA1 to be issued though.

Hey there Bob, yeah well at least my lawyer didn t say i could pay the fees on line, so don t know if it s possible or not.

Like i said it s gonna be 3 weeks since they mailed the papers this upcoming wednesday so we ll see...

I think if i don t see the checks has been cashed after the 4 weeks i ll contact my lawyer and see what s going on.

Thanks for the reply,

Leslie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In our case they took almost 3 weeks cash the check. Yours is coming soon. The info about paying online and the exact 20 days is not accurate at all. :whistle:

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

In our case they took almost 3 weeks cash the check. Yours is coming soon. The info about paying online and the exact 20 days is not accurate at all. :whistle:

Thank u so much Isla! I m starting to feel better now... hope they cash my checks this week, thanks for the info!

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

I am in the same situation as you are. My stuff arrived at the office at March 21, two days earlier than yours. I did not hear anything from USCIS yet. I am a bit worried.

Hello everyone!!

Have a great day!!

Leslie

Thank u CG!!

I am in the same situation as you are. My stuff arrived at the office at March 21, two days earlier than yours. I did not hear anything from USCIS yet. I am a bit worried.

I know what u mean Mai!

I m worried as well... some people here tell me i should hear from them soon tough...

Well i hope i do, cause my husband and I spent lots on $$ between the lawyer and the immigration fees..... I really hope things go right.

I ll let u guys know when they cash my checks or give me any notice.

Leslie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank u CG!!

I know what u mean Mai!

I m worried as well... some people here tell me i should hear from them soon tough...

Well i hope i do, cause my husband and I spent lots on $$ between the lawyer and the immigration fees..... I really hope things go right.

I ll let u guys know when they cash my checks or give me any notice.

Leslie

Hi guys,

Well i am in the same situation but i am really worried my package was recieved in USCIS on march 18, and they havent cash my check yet or recieved any news from them, this friday will be almsot 1 month after i sent my docuemtns so i am goign to call to the USCIS to figure out what i :angry: s goign on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi guys,

Well i am in the same situation but i am really worried my package was recieved in USCIS on march 18, and they havent cash my check yet or recieved any news from them, this friday will be almsot 1 month after i sent my docuemtns so i am goign to call to the USCIS to figure out what i :angry: s goign on.

Did you send it to Chicago? A month is a while in my opinion. Seems like you might have got your packet rejected and it's on it's way back, that's assuming you mailed it to Chicago and not the wrong place.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you send it to Chicago? A month is a while in my opinion. Seems like you might have got your packet rejected and it's on it's way back, that's assuming you mailed it to Chicago and not the wrong place.

Yes, i sent my package to Chicago. P.O BOX 805887,CHICAGO,IL 60680 4120,, ans i sent it by certified mail, so i have the stamp from thw uscis lock box on march 18.so i dont think they are going to reject my aplication withput send me a Notice of actionm. i saw other forun, where others march filers have the same problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Yes, i sent my package to Chicago. P.O BOX 805887,CHICAGO,IL 60680 4120,, ans i sent it by certified mail, so i have the stamp from thw uscis lock box on march 18.so i dont think they are going to reject my aplication withput send me a Notice of actionm. i saw other forun, where others march filers have the same problem.

If you sent the wrong check amount or didn't sign a form correctly sometimes they will outright reject the package and send it back to you to fix. Just because it was delivered there doesn't mean they won't send it back. However, seeing you said other March filers have had this issue there's probably just a backlog.. pretty ridiculous!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.