enzocute

Two Biometrics Appointment??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I'm a K1 and currently applying for my AOS and I submitted my packet both for I-485 & I-765 last March 14.

Yesterday (friday), I received my Biometrics appointment letter and it was scheduled on April 12 however some VJ member's experiences that they do it earlier so which I also tried and succesfully do my Biometrics Walk In in the Application Service Center which is just 10 mins. away from our house.

This sat. morning another biometrics appointment letter I got in the mail and when I checked it is for I-485 so I checked also the first letter I got & it's for I-765. Now, my question is biometrics per application type?? eventhough I submitted my I-485 & I-765 in one package?? because I notice in VJ timeline it only has one biometrics.

Anyone here can enlighten me? Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by bhebe

Eligibility Criteria: 3 yrs. based on Marriage
Field Office: Phoenix

02/18/14- Mailed my N-400 packet
02/19/14- Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
02/24/14- Received Email Notification
02/24/14- Check Cashed
02/28/14- Received NOA in the mail (Notice Date: Feb. 21, 2014)
03/07/14- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Notice Date: Feb. 28, 2014)
03/13/14- Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/16/14- In line for Interview Scheduling
04/30/14- Received email notification for interview schedule.
05/06/14- Received Interview Letter in the mail. (Notice Date: April 30, 2014)
06/09/14- Interview Date- Passed! :)
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
06/23/14- Received Oath Ceremony Letter/Notice by mail
07/04/14- Oath Taking/Ceremony
07/04/14- U.S. Passport Application (Expedite/Overnight Delivery)
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.
07/15/14- Received US Passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While you submit the applications all together in one package, what happens when they arrive is that they get broken apart and sent in different directions for processing. That is why you need to prepare them as complete applications with their own attachments, even though the attachments may be duplicates.

Both the I-485 and the I-765 require biometrics. They do different biometrics for the two different applications, so you do need to go to an appointment for each one. You have completed the biometrics for the Employment Authorization which is normally processed and received faster than the green card. You now have an appointment for the Green Card biometrics. Hope that explains things :) .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

While you submit the applications all together in one package, what happens when they arrive is that they get broken apart and sent in different directions for processing. That is why you need to prepare them as complete applications with their own attachments, even though the attachments may be duplicates.

Both the I-485 and the I-765 require biometrics. They do different biometrics for the two different applications, so you do need to go to an appointment for each one. You have completed the biometrics for the Employment Authorization which is normally processed and received faster than the green card. You now have an appointment for the Green Card biometrics. Hope that explains things :) .

Just a question Kathryn, since when do they ask for 2 bio appointments? I only had the one and I sent all my forms in together, I have never heard of there being 2 appointments .

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

I'm a K1 and currently applying for my AOS and I submitted my packet both for I-485 & I-765 last March 14.

Yesterday (friday), I received my Biometrics appointment letter and it was scheduled on April 12 however some VJ member's experiences that they do it earlier so which I also tried and succesfully do my Biometrics Walk In in the Application Service Center which is just 10 mins. away from our house.

This sat. morning another biometrics appointment letter I got in the mail and when I checked it is for I-485 so I checked also the first letter I got & it's for I-765. Now, my question is biometrics per application type?? eventhough I submitted my I-485 & I-765 in one package?? because I notice in VJ timeline it only has one biometrics.

When is your next appointment for? I as I said to Kathryn have nver heard of 2 bio appointments. Yu only have the one and also a pic taken for your EAD and Apif you applied for it. So I have no idea why you would have to have 2

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

There was another person who had this happen to them recently - I think it is a current error in the system. The person asked to do both at the same appointment and was allowed. Each one does have separate requirements, however, so if only I-765 was taken, it will need to be redone.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you went for your walk-in Biometrics, you were given a form to fill out.

Did you include both your I-485 and I-765 application number (receipt number) on your form?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Did you get two different letters? Or 2 different appointment dates/times? Two different letters is standard because the AOS and EAD are different processes and I don't know if it's for filing purposes but I assume it was that. The date and time should be the same for both letters. If its DIFFERENT then go to the first appointment (or do a walk-in) and take both letters with you. While I had two letters only one of them was stamped with the receipt info stuff (you'll see what I mean when you have the appointment)

Just a question Kathryn, since when do they ask for 2 bio appointments? I only had the one and I sent all my forms in together, I have never heard of there being 2 appointments .

I got two letters, and they arrived separately but the appointment date/time was the same. I think the OP had the same thing happen because she didn't mention a different date/time just two letters.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless things have changed in the processing biometrics letters carry a code on the top of them. The code tells whether a 'full' biometrics' is required as for the I-485 (all fingers, thumbs and photograph) or partial biometrics '(partial fingers and/or thumbs/ - may or may not include photograph). It could be that things have changed within the past year but it was very much the norm to get separate biometrics notifications for different applications. I had to do separate biometrics for the AOS and the EAD - and then again for each renewal EAD and finally another set for the AOS as the first set had expired (15 months duration) even though the last EAD biometrics were only 6 months old. In each case the AOS and the EAD biometrics were done separately and processed separately.

It could be that they are co-ordinating the biometrics now for the two different applications - thus getting two separate letters but for the same appointment time. There should be a notice at the top of each letter stating what it is for and also providing a code. The code will tell the Immigration Officers at the appointment which type of biometrics to do. If they have been co-ordinating the two sets of biometrics at the same appointment that would definitely explain why you would have only one 'appointment' and possibly only one letter, as the letter would then combine the codes so both were done at the same time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your time in giving me your comments & inputs regarding my concern. Actually, I received two different letters with their notice receipt # (I-485 & I-765) , code# & with DIFFERENT appointment date & time.

Last friday, the ASC (Application Service Center) office only take my photograph & scan only my one finger (I thought at first they will scan all my fingers like in the US Embassy prior the interview).Also, I noticed that they scan the barcode in my biometric letter which generate my info's in their system. So I think,like what some of you told me, probably I need to do biometrics separately per application type. Maybe, I think if only I receive my two appointment notifications on the same day eventhough they have diff. appointment date & time the ASC office will both scan the barcode of each biometric letter & do full finger scanning. What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

02/24/14- Check Cashed
06/13/14- Received email notification that my application was placed for Oath Scheduling que.
06/18/14- Received email notification that I was scheduled for Oath Ceremony and they sent letter by mail for the details
07/13/14- Received Email Notification that my Passsport has printed and for delivery.

Timeline

When you went for your walk-in Biometrics, you were given a form to fill out.

Did you include both your I-485 and I-765 application number (receipt number) on your form?

No, the officer was the one filled up that receipt# in my form based on the appointment letter I gave him. So they write only the receipt# for my I-765.

02/24/14- Check Cashed

Timeline

Did you get two different letters? Or 2 different appointment dates/times? Two different letters is standard because the AOS and EAD are different processes and I don't know if it's for filing purposes but I assume it was that. The date and time should be the same for both letters. If its DIFFERENT then go to the first appointment (or do a walk-in) and take both letters with you. While I had two letters only one of them was stamped with the receipt info stuff (you'll see what I mean when you have the appointment)

I got two letters, and they arrived separately but the appointment date/time was the same. I think the OP had the same thing happen because she didn't mention a different date/time just two letters.

In my case, I got two letters arrived separately (Friday & Sat) with different appointment date & time. For my first biometrics walk in (Friday), I only have one biometric appointment letter which is for I-765. (I thought that biometric letter is both for my I-765 & I-485 so I was surprised when the ff. day got new letter & its for my I-485).

02/24/14- Check Cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, the officer was the one filled up that receipt# in my form based on the appointment letter I gave him. So they write only the receipt# for my I-765.

I see. On my wife's biometrics appointment letter, it showed both I-485 and I-765 application number/receipt number. So, we entered both I-485 and I-765 application number/receipt number on the form.

So, you will need your biometrics taken again for the I-485 part. You need to go for the I-485 because on that letter it states "PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED". Again, you may be able to do a walk-in as before.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband's biometric letter stated it was for both I-485 and I-765. He filled out the sheet and put both case numbers on the top.

event.png

My husband's biometric letter stated it was for both I-485 and I-765. He filled out the sheet and put both case numbers on the top.

Yes, this is how it normally is, but as I said earlier, a few days ago another VJ member had the same thing - where their I-765 was scheduled for one day, and their I-485 for another day. I think this is a current scheduling error, as I haven't seen it before, but maybe more experienced members have. The other report was that the person did a walk-in and told the fingerprinters that they also had a I-485 pending. They looked in their computer and saw the different schedule and the member was able to get both fingerprints done then and there.

OP - since you only got the I-765 done, you will need to go back and get the full prints for the I-485 done. (There's no way you could have known to specially ask). Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I see. On my wife's biometrics appointment letter, it showed both I-485 and I-765 application number/receipt number. So, we entered both I-485 and I-765 application number/receipt number on the form.

So, you will need your biometrics taken again for the I-485 part. You need to go for the I-485 because on that letter it states "PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED". Again, you may be able to do a walk-in as before.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ..same with mine..I also received 1 biometrics appointment letter and the receipt barcode was for my I-765 and I-485..you should appear on your next biometrics schedule..weew..God bless!!

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.