monyfer

Seriously starting to lose hope now....

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You guys, this process is driving me crazy. The past couple weeks have really gotten to me. As we have surpassed five months and inched closer to six, it really feels like there is NO end in sight.

When I filed back in October, approvals were coming after about 2-3 months. That didn't seem too long to me. As the months passed, I noticed other filers were being approved in four months! Some even as long as five - five being the absolute MAX. Now, as people's timelines inch closer to six and seven months, I never know when it is going to end. When is it going to be my turn? There are easily still a hundred before me on VJ alone. VSC appears to only be approving 1-2 VJ'ers on any given day - I know that is a small percentage of totals, but at that rate, it will be another two months before I seee any action.

I've called my Senator. The aide has tried contacting VSC. They finally got a response stating that if my case isn't approved by April 5, they will put in an expedition request. But then what? Another thirty days after that?

I called NCSC and put in a service request. When I e-mail customer service to ask about the status of it, they tell me the same thing - wait until April 5. Then you will be REALLY considered outside normal processing time (at six months!) and we can start to think about processing you.

I used to excitedly log on to the USCIS website every day to check my status, multiple times. Now, I rarely go on - it's such a disappointment to see that nothing has changed.

I never, ever thought it would take this long. I thought maybe I would even be a lucky one who got approved in four months! But as the processing times continue to expand and nothing continues to be done about it, my hope is all but gone. I'm depressed, sad. When people ask me when my fiance is coming, all I can do is sigh and say I don't know. All the happiness has been sucked out of my engagement. Isn't engagement supposed to be a happy time? Shopping for china patterns, celebrating this happy time with family and friends. It is not supposed to be a time for sadness, stress, depression, and being thousands of miles apart.

I know many of us are in this same situation. I just had to vent. I am sick of feeling so powerless and hopeless.

Best wishes to all.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this is tough, chin up - the bright side is that this process DOES indeed end.

You will be with your loved one. Stay strong until it is over!

Good luck and best wishes

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Hang in there. It is tough, but worth it.

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

I agree with Kevin. Just be more patient. It is really frustrating. Be strong.

Check this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/301633-noa2-after-9-months/

They actually waited for nine months. It is a freaking long wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You guys, this process is driving me crazy. The past couple weeks have really gotten to me. As we have surpassed five months and inched closer to six, it really feels like there is NO end in sight.

When I filed back in October, approvals were coming after about 2-3 months. That didn't seem too long to me. As the months passed, I noticed other filers were being approved in four months! Some even as long as five - five being the absolute MAX. Now, as people's timelines inch closer to six and seven months, I never know when it is going to end. When is it going to be my turn? There are easily still a hundred before me on VJ alone. VSC appears to only be approving 1-2 VJ'ers on any given day - I know that is a small percentage of totals, but at that rate, it will be another two months before I seee any action.

I've called my Senator. The aide has tried contacting VSC. They finally got a response stating that if my case isn't approved by April 5, they will put in an expedition request. But then what? Another thirty days after that?

I called NCSC and put in a service request. When I e-mail customer service to ask about the status of it, they tell me the same thing - wait until April 5. Then you will be REALLY considered outside normal processing time (at six months!) and we can start to think about processing you.

I used to excitedly log on to the USCIS website every day to check my status, multiple times. Now, I rarely go on - it's such a disappointment to see that nothing has changed.

I never, ever thought it would take this long. I thought maybe I would even be a lucky one who got approved in four months! But as the processing times continue to expand and nothing continues to be done about it, my hope is all but gone. I'm depressed, sad. When people ask me when my fiance is coming, all I can do is sigh and say I don't know. All the happiness has been sucked out of my engagement. Isn't engagement supposed to be a happy time? Shopping for china patterns, celebrating this happy time with family and friends. It is not supposed to be a time for sadness, stress, depression, and being thousands of miles apart.

I know many of us are in this same situation. I just had to vent. I am sick of feeling so powerless and hopeless.

Best wishes to all.

Your post made me tear up. I can relate to the feeling. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's a challenge to be positive all the time. I'm glad I have a very supportive and encouraging fiance.

You've made it this far (while we still have a long way to go, I pray not too long) so don't let the process or the delay get the best of you and your relationship. If it's something worth fighting for, just keep on fighting and praying until something happens. :)

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

i feel the same way this sucks!!!

Check out my "About Me" tab on my profile to learn about my detailed timeline with the K-1 Visa and AOS process....

Live life, Laugh lots, Love forever.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Best wishes to all.

I really feel for you! I was wishing back in October when I filed that my petition could have gone to Vermont as Cali was moving a lot slower then. It was just over 5 months when I got that text message and so quickly everything changes! Hang in there, yours will come soon. But when we get beyond the potential vindictive reaches of certain people and agencies I hope we will remember the needlessly excessive stress the lack of equity and transparency of this process causes so many vulnerable people here. Things can and should be changed. These are real people's lives that are being toyed with here.

I agree with Kevin. Just be more patient. It is really frustrating. Be strong.

Check this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/301633-noa2-after-9-months/

They actually waited for nine months. It is a freaking long wait.

Not what I think the OP needs right now!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Totally understand where you are coming from...we are at the six month mark today and its just overwhelming. We thought we would be together by now or at least past this stage. You just have to keep strong and keep fighting...the end of the long distance is nearing.

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

count me in... :( :( :(:crying: :crying: :crying:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Your message is mature, heartfelt, touching, and refreshingly literate. "Way back when," I faced the same (when the CSC was like molasses and the VSC was whipping out NOA2s like free coupons), and it wasn't easy. I certainly didn't handle it as well as you're doing. Our approval took over 6 months. Little did I know that far worse was to come at the consulate, and that it would be a comparative pleasure and relief (!!!?) to deal with USCIS again. Remain strong, count the days as opportunities to build evidence for the interview, and your NOA2 will arrive before you know it, si man. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know you contacted your Senator, but also contact your Congressman. It seems when people contact their Congressman and they contact USCIS, it is approved within a week or two. No matter what people say, it does speed up process, or it is a HUGE coincidence! Good luck! after this it goes by much faster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I know how you feel monyfer. Really this whole process drives us crazy but trust me there's nothing we can do except be patient. Your turn will be come one day. Dont get frustated, just deal with it so could life in peace. Angry and frustate doesnt change the speed of the process. See my timeline? We had rough time as well. So, be patient, you're not alone.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Cheer up. The USCIS is only the first phase. We received our NOA2 back on 11/2/2010. Tomorrow my wife will finally have her long awaited interview. Then two more weeks to get her Visa delievered to her home. I hope to see her my April 13th. Almost 1 year has gone by.

It has been over 10 months now and we always provided the information promptly to the NVC.

Best wishes to all.

I understand you pain and uncertainty. This is really a hard time for you both as a couple. Now, you can channel your energy into something good and more constructive like joining the twitter movement. You can make a change... your voice count. Who else should fight for your cause other than yourself? Twitter help Egypt and it can facilitate a revolution in USCIS processing time if we make enough noise for important people to hear. No cause is too small nor too big. United we can conquer.

K-1 Journey
July 2008 - Met Online on MySpace
July 23, 2009 - First Meeting in Jakarta
April 1 2010 - Get Engaged in Dallas
August 16, 2010 - Sent the K-1 Petition to Dallas Lockbox
March 23, 2011 - Interview at 8am (Passed) Praise the Lord!
September 9, 2011 - POE at LAX
October 22, 2011 - Civil Wedding

AOS Journey
December 9, 2011 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP
December 15, 2011 - Received NOA1 by Email and SMS, Check Cashed, Petitions Routed to NBC
December 22, 2011 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1 dated December 15, 2011
December 23, 2011 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter dated December 20, 2011
January 9, 2012 - Biometrics Appointment at 3 pm (Done); Received Email of AOS transfer
January 13, 2012 - Received Mail that AOS has been transferred to CSC dated January 9, 2012
January 14, 2012 - Received Email from CSC that AOS was received and started the process; AOS touched
February 6, 2012 - Received Email that EAD was on card production (59 days)
February 13, 2012 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card Yeayyy!! (66 days)
February 14, 2012 - Applied SSN
February 18, 2012 - Received SSN
August 13, 2012 - Received RFE Letter for Incomplete I-485
August 14, 2012 - Sent RFE Reply
September 13, 2012 - GC Approved
September 19, 2012 - GC Received

ROC Journey

August 20, 2014 - Sent ROC

August 23, 2014 - ROC Received at VSC

August 27, 2014 - Check cashed

August 28, 2014 - Received NOA1 dated August 25, 2014

September 10, 2014 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for September 22, 2014.

February 27, 2015 - Received Email and SMS that GC got approved

tumblr_lih8trjqZg1qh39u2o1_400.png

I feel for you. Been there hun and we actually thought it was never gonna come. Then it did. Hang in there. You'll be together sooner than you know it. :)

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.