Gocka

Anyone else getting realllyyy ticked off?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Lets be honest folks, how many others are throwing thier hands up almost in disgust at the situation? I mean raelly? Im heading towarrd 7 months now from the date of my NOA1. There were calls of patience way back when, but now its pretty much all a joke to me. I feel almost as if ive given up, or as if this process has taken the pleasure out of the whole point of all this. This is really bad on a relationship to say the least, and extremly cruel.

I hear you. We are considering giving up on living in the U.S. altogether. Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Good luck to you. Thank goodness for Skype, at least, right?

May 2008- L is pushed into jagged rocks by a 12 ft wave while surfing in Chile. K saves her from certain watery death. Performs CPR and secretly enjoys it.

Sept 2008- L returns to the U.S. to finish school.

Dec 2008- K wins a surfing competition, uses prize money to buy L ticket to Chile.

Jan 2009- L visits K in Chile, 5 months pregnant!

April 2009- future world champion of surfing is born

Nov 2010- engaged!

Nov 28, 2010- petition sent

Dec 3, 2010- NOA 1

Dec 10, 2010- touched

May 6, 2011- NOA 2

May 17, 2011- sent to Embassy from NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I hear you. We are considering giving up on living in the U.S. altogether. Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Good luck to you. Thank goodness for Skype, at least, right?

Funny thing ive been thinking the same exact thing, I can move to Macedonia when ever I want, its my homeland anyway. THis whole process has exposed some things about the US that I really dislike and has made me think twice about living here. Without skype I dont think our relationship would make it through this, im almost positive of that.

Timeline

Ive noticed the same things as many of you, the fights start to mount from NOTHING, you get on eachtoher for NOTHING, this process has made us both ugly people at times which we are really not.

Its not the wait honestly, its what it does to your relationship that is most frustrating. We are human, we have emotions needs, this process makes you cold, you have to be cold or else you will go crazy if you let your emotions out, and honestly emotions arent meant to be kept in, becasue that usually leads to a big explosion.

I dont know, there are some things in this country and system I will never understand I guess. There are so many things that can be done overnight or even in the span of 2 seconds but something that is seemingly very important to our human side takes what a year to finish?

They seemed to be pretty quick about cashing a check though. Thats how everything in the country works, they can charge a card in 2 seconds but good luck getting w/e it is they charged you for, but when you owe money to someone they are right on your door step. What if everyone had the same time frame as USCIS? What if I pay my mortgage 40% later then expexted? Ill get a bunch of fees and phone calls and threats. Its ok when the goverment or a corporation does it but regular people we have to be a 100% on point or else we get punished. Why cant I charge USCIS a late fee?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

If you look on this message board, there's a group organizing pettitions and Twitter-Tweet-Protests :-)

Check out the link "Movement to Expedite VSC K-1s"... The more people that voice thier opinion, I think the better off we will be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Lets be honest folks, how many others are throwing thier hands up almost in disgust at the situation? I mean raelly? Im heading towarrd 7 months now from the date of my NOA1. There were calls of patience way back when, but now its pretty much all a joke to me. I feel almost as if ive given up, or as if this process has taken the pleasure out of the whole point of all this. This is really bad on a relationship to say the least, and extremly cruel.

Yes, I feel extremely fed up too. It has been a year since we started this process. Everything seemed to be on track and following the time-line of 6 to 8 months for his Visa to get approved and here it is March 2011 and still nothing. I don't know how they expect people to cope being apart for such long periods of time. I felt so excited last year about getting married and now just feel annoyed at not having any control over the situation at all. Cannot plan anything decent and basically will have a shotgun wedding if he ever gets the visa!!

Filed: Timeline

im totally fed up as well, but I am lucky because my fiance and I dont discuss the process that much (as in the progress of the process). Mostly he only asks if I have heard anything then for a minute or two he will complain about how long its taking. Whats more difficult for us is the distance. We were originally living together in Cairo but we had to split up due to the revolution. I went back to America and now he is going back to Comoros, so this is the longest time we have ever spent apart. Skype helped when he was in Egypt but with no internet and barely any electricity in his village we can talk for maybe a few minutes each week and maybe if he goes to the capital he can send me an email. What is also tough, it doesnt cause arguments but just raises our stress level is the financial burden of us each having to relocate to two different countries and then re-relocate in America. Its not the best situation but its certainly not the worst. I just hope it goes smoothly and quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Well I want to say I agree, and I'm so grateful that I can read about other people having similar problems and going through similar arguements. My fiancee and I know not to talk about immigration. It just causes strife. We are going to hit the 7 months mark in about 10 days. We can't believe it. You guys let us know that we are not alone. And we definitely are ready to just live together in Mongolia should this last much longer.

Peace, and God bless us all.

event.png

Served in Peace Corps in Mongolia as a volunteer English teacher May 2008- July 2010.

August 2009 - Met Khandaa

June 2010 - Proposed

July 2010 - Returned from Mongolia

August 28, 2010 - Applied to VSC K1 129-F

September 2, 2010 - NOA1 Received

October 7, 2010 - check cashed

NO WORD FROM VSC - MANY ATTEMPTS TO GATHER MORE INFORMATION

March 16, 2011 - Finally allowed to submit service requestt - (told to wait 30 days for reply)

March 28, 2011 - Service Request Denied. They have an incorrect filing date in their system (10.01.10). Searching for a way to rectify this.

May 2, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

im totally fed up as well, but I am lucky because my fiance and I dont discuss the process that much (as in the progress of the process). Mostly he only asks if I have heard anything then for a minute or two he will complain about how long its taking. Whats more difficult for us is the distance. We were originally living together in Cairo but we had to split up due to the revolution. I went back to America and now he is going back to Comoros, so this is the longest time we have ever spent apart. Skype helped when he was in Egypt but with no internet and barely any electricity in his village we can talk for maybe a few minutes each week and maybe if he goes to the capital he can send me an email. What is also tough, it doesnt cause arguments but just raises our stress level is the financial burden of us each having to relocate to two different countries and then re-relocate in America. Its not the best situation but its certainly not the worst. I just hope it goes smoothly and quickly.

I'm totally with you there!! My fiance and I were living together in Mali before I left (I was on a contract for work which was completed). And to go from living together to no internet, no cell service, no electricty etc. is definitely tough. He has to travel to find internet too, which is expensive and he's working, so we don't get to skype or see each other over any sort of internet chat. Its all very frustrating. Plus the growing fear that the instability in North Africa will trickle down...Mali borders Algeria so its really not a stretch. But I just think about how amazing its going to be when we finally get reunited again!! Plus, surviving the time and distance will definitely make our relationship that much stronger. So many people are in relationships that are easy/convenient, which isn't necessarily bad, but think how much stronger our relationships are going to be because of the difficult things we have made it through as couples. :star:

October 28 - NOA 1 received

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 18, 2011 - NOA 2 received, finallllllly!!!!

April 26, 2011 - Got NVC Case Number

April 27, 2011 - NVC shipped case to Embassy in Dakar

June 7th, 2011 - Interview in Dakar- APPROVED!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Ive noticed the same things as many of you, the fights start to mount from NOTHING, you get on eachtoher for NOTHING, this process has made us both ugly people at times which we are really not.

Its not the wait honestly, its what it does to your relationship that is most frustrating. We are human, we have emotions needs, this process makes you cold, you have to be cold or else you will go crazy if you let your emotions out, and honestly emotions arent meant to be kept in, becasue that usually leads to a big explosion.

I dont know, there are some things in this country and system I will never understand I guess. There are so many things that can be done overnight or even in the span of 2 seconds but something that is seemingly very important to our human side takes what a year to finish?

They seemed to be pretty quick about cashing a check though. Thats how everything in the country works, they can charge a card in 2 seconds but good luck getting w/e it is they charged you for, but when you owe money to someone they are right on your door step. What if everyone had the same time frame as USCIS? What if I pay my mortgage 40% later then expexted? Ill get a bunch of fees and phone calls and threats. Its ok when the goverment or a corporation does it but regular people we have to be a 100% on point or else we get punished. Why cant I charge USCIS a late fee?

you know what kept us going as a couple?the fact that they cant slack off forever,they eventually have to stop being ####### and get back to work.

Timeline

you know what kept us going as a couple?the fact that they cant slack off forever,they eventually have to stop being ####### and get back to work.

Haha that actualy made me laugh. I guess your right, sooner or later they have to stop being *********. I hope i dont lose my mind by then :D

:thumbs:

Thanks for the laugh.

It is the most frustrating process I have ever experienced. I am NOT a naturally patient person, but this process helped me develop more patience than I ever thought possible for me. It is not easy at all. But... it's worth it.

My fiance and I have this thing we say, and we tend to say it almost every night because we miss each other so much:

Him: "Tell me you love me."

Me: "I love you."

Him: "How much?"

Me: "Enough to deal with USCIS for you."

Him: " :D "

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline

Haha thats funny because i was thinking the same thing about myself. I was the kid who could never wait untill christmas to open a present or who always wanted everything today not tomorow. This process has knocked me on my butt a little and made me wait and wait and wait and wait. Its too much though this is not healthy for a person. BTW thats cute what you do with your fiance, we should do something similar you know, make a joke out of a seeminly really depressing topic.

It is the most frustrating process I have ever experienced. I am NOT a naturally patient person, but this process helped me develop more patience than I ever thought possible for me. It is not easy at all. But... it's worth it.

My fiance and I have this thing we say, and we tend to say it almost every night because we miss each other so much:

Him: "Tell me you love me."

Me: "I love you."

Him: "How much?"

Me: "Enough to deal with USCIS for you."

Him: " :D "

Timeline

Is it just me or does it seem like VSC is falling further and further behind? I mean with the number they are putting out week after week are not even enough to negate the new apps for the month. THe back log is surely growing and if it continues like this I feel really bad for new applicants.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.