Gocka

Anyone else getting realllyyy ticked off?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Lets be honest folks, how many others are throwing thier hands up almost in disgust at the situation? I mean raelly? Im heading towarrd 7 months now from the date of my NOA1. There were calls of patience way back when, but now its pretty much all a joke to me. I feel almost as if ive given up, or as if this process has taken the pleasure out of the whole point of all this. This is really bad on a relationship to say the least, and extremly cruel.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lets be honest folks, how many others are throwing thier hands up almost in disgust at the situation? I mean raelly? Im heading towarrd 7 months now from the date of my NOA1. There were calls of patience way back when, but now its pretty much all a joke to me. I feel almost as if ive given up, or as if this process has taken the pleasure out of the whole point of all this. This is really bad on a relationship to say the least, and extremly cruel.

I hear you.. my application just turned seven months. I was only allowed to make an SR yesterday to see where my file is. I believe another 2 weeks for the SR to go through... quite an agony. I feel like most of my energy and thoughts are focused on this. Know what, we just have to stay positive that everything's going to turn out fine. I enjoy reading all the success stories here and I feel happy for everyone whose journey is over and I also say to myself, I'll be reading my own success story pretty soon. We will! Keep the faith :)

I-130 Timeline For Spouse

11/03/11 - Priority Date from NOA

Missing my husband terribly!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a very difficult and long and frustrating process. I feel your pain. We were unable to get expedition, and then my husband deployed right around the time my interview finally got scheduled, so now I am actually requesting that they delay issuing my visa so that I can stay in my home country until he comes back in a year or so, as he was hte only reason I was moving to the US in the first place. I don't want to go there and live alone!

Anyways, if you want my advice it would be to try and live in the moment and focus on what you DO have (love and health at least I hope). Focus on the end/eyes on the prize. You will be together forever... after this little speed bump.

Wishing you patience, peace, and luck!

C

Met: 01/20/2007 Married: 03/20/2010 NOA1: 04/08/2010 NOA2: 09/22/2010 Case Complete at NVC: 12/17/2010

Interview: 03/02/2011, rescheduled for 07/22/2011 as hubby is deployed

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is a very difficult and long and frustrating process. I feel your pain. We were unable to get expedition, and then my husband deployed right around the time my interview finally got scheduled, so now I am actually requesting that they delay issuing my visa so that I can stay in my home country until he comes back in a year or so, as he was hte only reason I was moving to the US in the first place. I don't want to go there and live alone!

Anyways, if you want my advice it would be to try and live in the moment and focus on what you DO have (love and health at least I hope). Focus on the end/eyes on the prize. You will be together forever... after this little speed bump.

C

:thumbs: :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline For Spouse

11/03/11 - Priority Date from NOA

Missing my husband terribly!

I hear you. After a 5 month wait for my NOA2, I'm stuck with over a 4 month wait for an interview. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

It'll all be over one day, and you'll forget about this silly process. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

what can you do tho?at first i got so pissed when people told me this,but lets face it,the government only cares about peoples opinion when they panic or get really angry.the truth is NO ONE who is not going through this process cares about immigration system.to an average ignorant american every mexican is coming to steal their job,every middle eastern is a terrorist trying to set foot on american soil and blow a national building up,every young pinay who gets engaged to an older man is a sex slave and every african is looking for a meal ticket.its harsh,its sad,but its the truth.the ignorant majority rules over the aware and open minded minority.

you havent given up,you cant give up when there is nothing you can do

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is much like a grieving process. #1 Denial, we can't believe that this is really happening like it is. #2 Anger, mad as :devil: at the length of time away from our loved ones. #3-Bargaining, making a deal with ourselves or a higher power if the situation can just be changed. #4 Depression, mmmm that is where I am headed now. So much for "keep your chin up" or "think forward to happier times".... I miss my baby and I want my heart/best friend by my side.........

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have you called the USCIS to tell them you are beyond processing time? I hope so you should hear something soon. Mine took 7.5 months, but I had an RFE that took an extra couple of weeks. It's been a year in February I am still stuck in the NVC. My attorney screwed up delayed me about 3 months. He did not OPTIN for electronic processing cuz he mailed them 2x the forms which they say they never got. What a joke he is. Anyhow he didn't email them until January 31, 2011. I told him to do that last November. Talk about frustration. ARG UGH My wife and I are going crazy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I hear you.. my application just turned seven months. I was only allowed to make an SR yesterday to see where my file is. I believe another 2 weeks for the SR to go through... quite an agony. I feel like most of my energy and thoughts are focused on this. Know what, we just have to stay positive that everything's going to turn out fine. I enjoy reading all the success stories here and I feel happy for everyone whose journey is over and I also say to myself, I'll be reading my own success story pretty soon. We will! Keep the faith :)

Thank you for some of the uplifting words and im sorry to see that you are having the same problem.

C

I am so sorry, that sounds terrible :( that you waited all that time and basically have to wait all over again. Its really not fair, especially since he puts his life on the line for this country, you think they could at least help him out in this way.

I hear you. After a 5 month wait for my NOA2, I'm stuck with over a 4 month wait for an interview. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

It'll all be over one day, and you'll forget about this silly process. :)

Ugh its like they want people to suffer.

what can you do tho?at first i got so pissed when people told me this,but lets face it,the government only cares about peoples opinion when they panic or get really angry.the truth is NO ONE who is not going through this process cares about immigration system.to an average ignorant american every mexican is coming to steal their job,every middle eastern is a terrorist trying to set foot on american soil and blow a national building up,every young pinay who gets engaged to an older man is a sex slave and every african is looking for a meal ticket.its harsh,its sad,but its the truth.the ignorant majority rules over the aware and open minded minority.

you havent given up,you cant give up when there is nothing you can do

You are right and I agree 100% I am white and so is my fiance but my parents also imigrated here and ive seen what your talking about my whole life, the whole country is ignorant to this issue except people who are going through it. People are so racist or at the least stereotypical.

Youre kinda right, you cant give up on somehting that youve had no control over from the start. :/

This is much like a grieving process. #1 Denial, we can't believe that this is really happening like it is. #2 Anger, mad as :devil: at the length of time away from our loved ones. #3-Bargaining, making a deal with ourselves or a higher power if the situation can just be changed. #4 Depression, mmmm that is where I am headed now. So much for "keep your chin up" or "think forward to happier times".... I miss my baby and I want my heart/best friend by my side.........

I feel like ive went through all the stages and its coming back around in a circle and im having the feelings all over again. At one point i was at peace with the whole situation but its taking so dam long and i know even after my Noa2 i still have 2 -3 months to wait anyway. I mean really 1 year to get this done? hhhhhh at a loss for words

Have you called the USCIS to tell them you are beyond processing time? I hope so you should hear something soon. Mine took 7.5 months, but I had an RFE that took an extra couple of weeks. It's been a year in February I am still stuck in the NVC. My attorney screwed up delayed me about 3 months. He did not OPTIN for electronic processing cuz he mailed them 2x the forms which they say they never got. What a joke he is. Anyhow he didn't email them until January 31, 2011. I told him to do that last November. Talk about frustration. ARG UGH My wife and I are going crazy!

Ive been thinking of calling but last time i called they were so unhelpfull and I got sooooooooooooo mad that i dont want to go through the stress of calling again, At VSC they are on my month (september) im on the 8, they already have about a third of sept done but I still havent gotten anything and im toward the beggining of the month. Im going to wait another week or 2 and then I guess I will have to call.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you for some of the uplifting words and im sorry to see that you are having the same problem.

I am so sorry, that sounds terrible :( that you waited all that time and basically have to wait all over again. Its really not fair, especially since he puts his life on the line for this country, you think they could at least help him out in this way.

Ugh its like they want people to suffer.

This is one of the most longest, and nerve wracking journey you and your S.O. will go through together. Nobody said it would be easy or a picnic, but its part of making a life with someone you love. We cant help who we fall in love with, especially from another country, but face it, we do all we never thought we would do for Love.

The USCIS emotional roller coaster wont last forever, one day it will come to a stop, then you start a new journey with your S.O. USCIS is a lot better now, then when I first went through it in 2007, so believe it or not, count your blessings....... It will happen when you least likely expect it.

You are right and I agree 100% I am white and so is my fiance but my parents also imigrated here and ive seen what your talking about my whole life, the whole country is ignorant to this issue except people who are going through it. People are so racist or at the least stereotypical.

Youre kinda right, you cant give up on somehting that youve had no control over from the start. :/

I feel like ive went through all the stages and its coming back around in a circle and im having the feelings all over again. At one point i was at peace with the whole situation but its taking so dam long and i know even after my Noa2 i still have 2 -3 months to wait anyway. I mean really 1 year to get this done? hhhhhh at a loss for words

Ive been thinking of calling but last time i called they were so unhelpfull and I got sooooooooooooo mad that i dont want to go through the stress of calling again, At VSC they are on my month (september) im on the 8, they already have about a third of sept done but I still havent gotten anything and im toward the beggining of the month. Im going to wait another week or 2 and then I guess I will have to call.

Timeline

This is one of the most longest, and nerve wracking journey you and your S.O. will go through together. Nobody said it would be easy or a picnic, but its part of making a life with someone you love. We cant help who we fall in love with, especially from another country, but face it, we do all we never thought we would do for Love.

The USCIS emotional roller coaster wont last forever, one day it will come to a stop, then you start a new journey with your S.O. USCIS is a lot better now, then when I first went through it in 2007, so believe it or not, count your blessings....... It will happen when you least likely expect it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had had amazing patience up til now (we're right at our 5 month mark after the NOA1. Still no NOA2, and it's getting harder each day for me now. I didn't think it would take a toll on our relationship, but this is a weird twisted ugly thing that happens and gets between us. He's having his upset and frustrations and me too, and I have found myself tending towards starting fights with him (or at least bringing up unhappy issues rather than spending our limited time together chatting on better happier things that would make us feel closer). I never thought I'd be reacting in this way. I need to get a grip cuz it's a loooooong trip (hey I'm a poet lol) Good luck everyone. Like another posted in this thread - we must continue to try to focus on other aspects of our lives right now, not focus on this agonizing process. Think of the good think of the good. I read in an online group I'm in too it helps to set mini-goals - anything at all - to feel like you're getting somewhere and accomplishing things and have your life in your own hands. Let's get to it! (and please let us be with our loved ones soon)

event.png

Timeline

The harsh words, and starting fights happen, its only the frustration of this process, but dont let USCIS be the down fall between you and the one you love. Truly must focus on other aspsects of your life, most find themselves checking USCIS webiste for touches, more then a person checks their emails or Facebook, USCIS process consumes your life, but you can control that part if not anything else. One piece of advice, when you chat with your love, DONT talk about the USCIS process, I know its hard not too, but for the sake of your future, forget USCIS when you chat.

Good luck everyone, and remember, this process wont last forever, its only one of many winding roads you and your Love will take in life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I gave up being ticked off as soon as I started on this path... see timeline below

Our Visa Journey

07/29/07 ---- Mailed I-129F

08/25/07 --- Check finally cashed (8/27 I should be able to see the R number on the back).

08/27/07 --- NOA1 Arrives from CSC and I create my account profile on the USCIS.Gov web-site (the clock starts)!!!

02/05/08 --- After 191 days NOA2 (Approval) comes at last!!!!

2/14/08 --- NVC sends letter saying that it's on the way to the US Embassy in Bangkok

2/25/08 --- She receives Packet 3 from the Embassy

3/29/08 --- She receives Packet 4 with interview date (July 11th).

3/30/08 --- I e-mail the Embassy asking to make the date earlier because I've already got our tickets for June 13th!!!

5/6/08 --- No help from the Embassy. Rebooked tickets and vacation till September.

5/21/08 --- Embassy calls her and moves interview to May 27th!!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!

9/21/08 --- POE San Francisco!!!!

12/8/08 --- Married!!!!

12/15/08 --- Mail AOS + AP + EAD package to Chicago

12/28/08 --- Come back from vacation and find AOS/AP/EAD NOA 1 and Bio App notices in the mailbox!!!

1/13/09 --- Bio Appt

4/22/09 --- AOS Interview "APPROVED"!!!

3/04/2011 --- OUR BABY IS BORN... We have a son!!!!!

3/10/2011 --- Mail I-751 application to lift conditions on residency

3/12/2011 --- I-751 Package received by CSC

3/14/2011 --- NOA 1

3/21/2011 --- NOA 2 (Biometrics Appt 4/18/2011)

5/27/2011 --- ROC Approved. 10 Year Green Card arrived 6/04/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

One piece of advice, when you chat with your love, DONT talk about the USCIS process, I know its hard not too, but for the sake of your future, forget USCIS when you chat.

I agree completely with this advice. We finished our 5 months at USCIS a little less than a month ago and we decided that we would only talk about the "good news" regarding USCIS. As you can imagine, there wasn't much to talk about, so not much was ever mentioned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.