nancy garcia

k1_129f denied

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

This is worry some. I didn't realize you could be denied for only visiting your fiance only once. It's not that easy to visit your fiance if they live on the other side of the world. How common is this requirement? Does it vary from IO to IO? Do people usually visit multiple times? Have people who visited only once generally get denied?

Like Jim stated above. It depends on the country, for example in Haiti or the Dominican Republic its highly recommended to make at least 3 trips before filling for I-129F, Dom Republic Consulate is notorious for denying k1 visas, that's where my friend had her interview. They got grilled big time she told me.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Lots of details from previous threads are missing from this one.

Initially the K1 was denied, so the couple married. Later USCIS reaffirmed the I-129F and sent it back evidently and strangely with the direction to the Consulate to process the I-129F for a K3 visa instead of K1. At the second interview, the visa was denied for lack of evidence of a bona fide relationship. It all sounds pretty far-fetched but that's the best I can put together from all the mess of information.

Seems like the Embassy is doing a good job; only real relationships, that are not complicated or confusing, please apply.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

hi, thanks for your concern, he is my fiance, we are not marry yet.

Lots of details from previous threads are missing from this one.

Initially the K1 was denied, so the couple married. Later USCIS reaffirmed the I-129F and sent it back evidently and strangely with the direction to the Consulate to process the I-129F for a K3 visa instead of K1. At the second interview, the visa was denied for lack of evidence of a bona fide relationship. It all sounds pretty far-fetched but that's the best I can put together from all the mess of information.

All this misinformation that you've apparently posted in different threads is really preventing anyone from helping you here.

I think you need an immigration attorney that you can sit down with and give them the entire chain of events so you can get the proper kind of help.

SA4userbar.jpg

Um - you might want to blank out your personal information on that letter. Dunno how wise it is to have your full name and mailing address splashed all over the internet.

Anyway - from this letter, they clearly were processing your case as a K3 and thought you were married. If that is NOT the case (hard to tell from all your misinformation), then you still need an attorney to help you unravel this whole mess. If it's their mistake, they should rectify it. But making that happen could be too complex for you to do on your own.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I agree with Tracy, you need to remove your personal info from this letter or ask a Mods to delete it all together, its not wise to attach such letter with all your personal information online, and if I was you I would consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney from the US. Your case seems very complex right now.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Anyway - from this letter, they clearly were processing your case as a K3 and thought you were married. If that is NOT the case (hard to tell from all your misinformation), then you still need an attorney to help you unravel this whole mess. If it's their mistake, they should rectify it. But making that happen could be too complex for you to do on your own.

The couple IS married. The I-129F was filed for a fiancee, visa denied, couple married, petition reaffirmed, USCIS sent reaffirmed petition to NVC to process as a K3. I've never seen or heard of USCIS doing anything like this or NVC or a Consulate either. Nevertheless, the Consular officer denied the K3 visa. Best at this point to re-examine the situation and follow through with the I-130 and immigrant spouse visa. This time, concentrate on spending time together to build a solid and provable bona fide relationship. Time spent together is the strongest evidence. Obviously the Consulate has strong doubts about the bona fides, or they wouldn't have denied the visa twice at two separate interviews. They have a reason or reasons. Concentrate on that.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

thanks for all of your comments and info. Sent an e-mail right now to algeirs consular asking , if they extended my case expiration date, they sent back my case back yesterday. To be honest, i dont know what happen here if they did mistake, when they sent me a letter about K3 information pack that they will sent to my fiance, but on top of letter says k1-129f. we have enough proof and consular officer did not ask my fiance about been married, we think that most for the denial was for our age difference.

I am posting the letter so you can see and understand betternational visa 2.doc

Timeline

thanks for all of your comments and info. Sent an e-mail right now to algeirs consular asking , if they extended my case expiration date, they sent back my case back yesterday. To be honest, i dont know what happen here if they did mistake, when they sent me a letter about K3 information pack that they will sent to my fiance, but on top of letter says k1-129f

I am posting the letter so you can see and understand better, we think the most for denial was our age difference

Timeline

thanks for all of your comments and info. Sent an e-mail right now to algeirs consular asking , if they extended my case expiration date, they sent back my case back yesterday. To be honest, i dont know what happen here if they did mistake, when they sent me a letter about K3 information pack that they will sent to my fiance, but on top of letter says k1-129f

I am posting the letter so you can see and understand betternational visa 2.doc

** Post(s) containing pretty personal information have been removed for the protection of the author's privacy.

Please refrain from posting non-redacted documents in an open forum. It may not be safe to do so.

• 6 months later...

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Algeria's embassy saying that " my spouse case has been carefully reviewed by a consular officer, as a result it was determined that my husband relation with me it seems to be for immigration purpose and my case will be return sometime this week to USCIS via NATIONAL VISA CENTER.Can someone here have been in this same situation and can give me any advice about it? what to do to stop embassy in returning my case to USA, and if my case got returned, what would be my next step? Thanks so much for all of your concerns and answers to this matter.

How many times did you visit each other? Does your "fiance" have other relatives in USA? I am not sure why your petition was denied. But, I guess you'll have to go through another course of action. I'm so sorry.

Weird, you sent a I-129F and got approve but NVC is sending k3 packet

Porsche Boxster 2000

OIF 2008-2009

09/01/2008 - We met in a social site

04/8/2009 - We met

04/26/2009 - Left Philippines

12/8/2010 - Visited Philippines again

12/8/2010 - Got engaged!

03/10/2011 - Left Philippines

06/08/2011 - I 129f sent

06/12/2011 - I-129f received.

06/12/2011 - Routed to CSC

06/13/11 NOA1

06/17/11 NOA1 Touched

10/24/11 - Called USCIS Service Request

11/2/11 Retouch

11/2/11 APPROVED

11/5/11 Another NOA2 Notice?

11/8/11 Called NVC get my Case Number / Received.

11/14/11 Paid Interview Visa using BPI / No interview date due to slow website update!

11/16/11 Medical

12/1/11 Interview

12/1/11 - 221g - Need police clearance qatar. SIGH

12/4/11 Hired a P.R.O to do the police clearance in Qatar

12/29/ P.R.O Mailed the PCC to my fiance using DHL

1/3/12 Received PCC from QATAR, dog chewed it :(

1/4/12 Sent the taped PCC to USEM

1/6/12 USEM received 221g

2/14/12 - APPROVED happy valentines day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How many times did you visit each other? Does your "fiance" have other relatives in USA? I am not sure why your petition was denied. But, I guess you'll have to go through another course of action. I'm so sorry.

You're aware that you're replying in a thread that's more than six months old, right? :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.