I AM NOT THAT GUY

No More Expats?

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I can still recapture it. Thoughts? I am not really sure what use it had anymore... maybe worth keeping the name at least.

its up to you. how much work do you want to do?

the 'mission' of expats was to allow expats from around the world to have a place to openly express themselves while sharing stories & experiences.

with the only people knowing about it being VJ members w/ an axe to grind with other members, coupled w/ the fact there was no true tos in place...we got epic mudslinging on & on for the duration of its existence.

so, you can.. 1-let it die. 2- put a massive effort in to set up the forum so actual expats will know of the site + feel compelled to visit & participate in the site. or 3- open it back up for more back & forth. and for members to blow off steam. if you go w/ #3 a name change is probably in order.

the decission is 100% yours.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

It's too bad it failed. It could have been fun. Too many angry people, though. I did get an insight, however, into how evil some people can be.

+1

I wish I had never ventured out to Expats.. Saw the true colors of the people who posted there.

Filed: Timeline

+1

I wish I had never ventured out to Expats.. Saw the true colors of the people who posted there.

Most folks were not all that different in either virtual world. But a few mice here, seemed to roar over there in relative animosity. Mostly, it was a bunch of "Yes, you did!" and "No, you did!"

Most folks were not all that different in either virtual world. But a few mice here, seemed to roar over there in relative animosity. Mostly, it was a bunch of "Yes, you did!" and "No, you did!"

What I saw there was bullying. I think I just expected a lot more from grown adults. I don't want to name names here, but there were some people I highly respected here on VJ before I saw their posts in Expats. I guess I was too naive.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

+1

Most of the people I have some respect for here didn't act too much different there. But some did let out true colors, yes. I never joined but looked every once in awhile and concluded that it was a mostly ####### filled forum, eventually. I am not sure how it could be considered enjoyable. Let it die....down down down into the abyss of the interwebs.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can still recapture it. Thoughts? I am not really sure what use it had anymore... maybe worth keeping the name at least.

I'm thrilled it's gone! I asked for my content to be removed many times.

It was supposed to be an answer to a VJ Dungeon without TOS from the begining even though the name didn't match. It was encouraged to indulge in your darkside by leader members there and hash out issues sans TOS. I don't think everyone was immature there but like myself there were cases when good people make bad choices and their experiementing became a failure. I regret my time spent there knowing what I know now. It was never about getting blood from a stone but to stop the spreading of vicious lies. I believe those results were achieved but a price was still paid. I'm happy to put it all behind me as the statue of limitations have about run their course and many of the problems have resigned themselves.

If you choose to keep the name I suspect that it may keep it's repuations from those on here. However, it is always possible to relaunch, reinvent and repurpose it.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

it was absolutely an eye opener concerning the sympathy certain posters got wrt family members dealing with cancer.

It was absolutely an eye opener concerning the threads people started in Expats. It was absolutely an eye opener concerning the way that some posters mocked the spouses of VJ members. It was absolutely an eye opener concerning the way that some posters took their petty grievances to Expats by creating odious threads long after any imagined insult had passed. It was absolutely an eye opener concerning the way people kept mentioning Expats long after they shot their loads.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I loved expats for hours at a time. It was like a free online prostitute.

is there something you're trying to tell us? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!