lynJer

Employment Authorization Card

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi....

I am still awaiting my authorization card to work....but friends of mine who recently received theirs....(lucky buggers) have informed me that the cards validity only lasts for 12 months...????

In my profession trying to secure employment with an approval card that only lasts 12 months may cause some issues....

Does anyone know if and how you can get them extended??? Or is this just what you get - take it or leave it....

Thanks

:whistle:

Moving to AOS from family based visa.

OP, 12 months is the max you get - EAD's purpuse is to have work authorization until you receive the Green Card. Once you have that, you no longer use EAD.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes EAD can be renewed at no charge, EAD tends to be two years now, however in most cases green-card will be approved long before needing to renew an EAD. Green-card trumps EAD.

For the most part I see green-card approved a month or so after getting EAD.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Your EAD is only dated 12 months, but with it you are good to go.. :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
EAD tends to be two years now,

Where did you read that? Granted I got mine last year (2010 that is) but it was still 12 months then

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Where did you read that? Granted I got mine last year (2010 that is) but it was still 12 months then

I received my EAD 2 weeks ago, and it has 12 months validity. Doubt much would have changed in the last 2 weeks...

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Timeline

I received my EAD 2 weeks ago, and it has 12 months validity. Doubt much would have changed in the last 2 weeks...

Mine only has 12 months too

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Mine only has 12 months too

Probably a short time thing 6 months ago, perhaps a K-3 EAD.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If i am reading this right- you do not have to pay to renew your work authorization? if that is correct how do you go by applying for it? as all I see is the application I-765 that you have to pay for.

Jen

"Canadian in Georgia"

Timeline

If i am reading this right- you do not have to pay to renew your work authorization? if that is correct how do you go by applying for it? as all I see is the application I-765 that you have to pay for.

Correct, you file I-765 and attach a copy of current EAD, AND copy of I-485 NOA-1 letter showing that I-485 was filed AFTER July 30 2007.

However it is very rare for AOS to go longer than 1 year.

Timeline

I have also read that recenty (11 feb) they have changed the EAD slightly....so I might be issued with something different once it finally gets here....Ill let yahs all know.... :thumbs:

Timeline

I have also read that recenty (11 feb) they have changed the EAD slightly....so I might be issued with something different once it finally gets here....Ill let yahs all know.... :thumbs:

The EAd card comes like a license with your pic and number thats it and is valid for 1 year.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

oh ok....thanks Barb.... Just had my first attempt at making a snow man....first time eva in my 50 years of life...and have failed miserably...was gunnu dress it up in Collingwood Colors take a photo and use it as my pic....Dont suppose anyone has any short cuts on how to make the snow man actualy look like a snow man and not a fetus on a white mound....????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
The EAd card comes like a license with your pic and number thats it and is valid for 1 year.

There was a news article that says the new ones will be EAD and AP together. Here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f5d28bcbf851e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD Q3 states that people who file concurrently for AP and EAD (like we do) with AOS will get this joint card. It appears it's started issuing them already.

Anyone who gets one I'd love to see it :).. with personal details omitted of course :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.