Keith & Xiang

Wrong name on flight information

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife and daughter will be flying round trip, from the U.S. to China then back to the U.S. The travel agency made the mistake of putting my wife's maiden name on the flight information, her 10 year greencard and drivers license reflects her married name, her still current Chinese passport reflects her maiden name.

What can be done and will the airlines and customs accept the flight information showing her maiden name? Please help

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Passport name is what's needed for the plane tickets. She will use the passport to board the plane (both ends), and enter China, and she will use the GC to enter the US.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It does not sound like the Travel Agent made a mistake.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Her Chinese passport only allowed her 1 entry into the United States, that has already been used about 4 years ago. Her 10 year greencard and drivers license reflects her married name.

As stated, her flight information contains her maiden name, just want to be 100% sure that she'll have no issues when coming back to the United States.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Her Chinese passport only allowed her 1 entry into the United States, that has already been used about 4 years ago. Her 10 year greencard and drivers license reflects her married name.

As stated, her flight information contains her maiden name, just want to be 100% sure that she'll have no issues when coming back to the United States.

Thanks,

Keith & Xiang

Her valid Green Card allows her to enter the US. The old visa in her passport does not matter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Her Chinese passport? Sounds more like her US Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you, along with your permanent resident card,passport,stat ID driver license,...the passport is in her maiden name, the ticket is in her meiden name,its when she returns to the us, they mite ask more questions and to see other documents like green card marriage certificate state ID SHOWING ADDRESS IN THE US,the offer looks at her green card puts it in the computer an up come her photo and all information, your good , and have a nice trip.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What the travel agent did was correct. She can only get tickets for the name on the Passport, regardless of that fact that it's her maiden name. They won't issue a ticket for a name that you don't have a passport for. And immigration will look at the Green Card, the name listed on the tickets doesn't matter to them.

08/03/2010 - I-129F sent to VSC, Re-routed to Dallas

08/13/2010 - Check Cashed

08/16/2010 - NOA1 Received (NOA1 Date 08/11/2010)

- Called to change Country of Birth from "Unknown" to "Ukraine"

08/17/2010 - "Touched" (assuming to change Country of Birth)

08/18/2010 - "Touched"

10/03/2010 - "Touched" (Part of the VSC mass-touch)

01/25/2011 - Flew to Ukraine to be with Mila after WAY too long a wait

01/28/2011 - NOA2 Email Recieved!!! (Nice to get it together :))

02/03/2011 - NOA2 Letter Recieved

02/11/2011 - NVC Letter Recieved (Dated 02/08/2011)

03/15/2011 - INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!!!

03/18/2011 - VISA in hand

03/27/2011 - POE - JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your travel agent did correct. Airline tickets need to match passport on international flights.

This is how I booked my wife last summer, maiden name on tickets.

Moving to Working/Traveling during immigrations..

Expired visa no longer matters.

The green-card will allow exit from China and re-entry to the USA. Passport is used for travel. Passport and green-card do not need to have names match.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Passport name is what's needed for the plane tickets. She will use the passport to board the plane (both ends), and enter China, and she will use the GC to enter the US.

No it's not. This is a common mistake. It can be in the name of ANY government-issued photo-ID. As the OPs wife has a GC (government issued photo-ID) the plane tickets COULD be in her married name.

What the travel agent did was correct. She can only get tickets for the name on the Passport, regardless of that fact that it's her maiden name. They won't issue a ticket for a name that you don't have a passport for. And immigration will look at the Green Card, the name listed on the tickets doesn't matter to them.

Again as I stated this is wrong and is explained on the travel.state website. Tickets can be in the name of ANY government issued photo-ID. As long as you have official ID with the name that's sufficient. I know this because I did it and because I was emailed about it. I had zero issues leaving the US and entering Aus in this manner.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
Your travel agent did correct. Airline tickets need to match passport on international flights.

Please read my other posts about this. It does NOT need to match the passport if they have other government issued photo ID that states the other name. I know this for a fact based on the State website, and also because I did it myself without issues. I didn't get any "funny looks", I wasn't asked about it, I simply flashed my GC whn I boarded to plane to match my name to the tickets.

Timeline
My wife and daughter will be flying round trip, from the U.S. to China then back to the U.S. The travel agency made the mistake of putting my wife's maiden name on the flight information, her 10 year greencard and drivers license reflects her married name, her still current Chinese passport reflects her maiden name.

What can be done and will the airlines and customs accept the flight information showing her maiden name? Please help

The travel agents are usually told to match the passport name (I know a few managers at travel agents offices). Your wife can have the tickets in her maiden name or married name, as long as she has ID to match.

Your concern is likely the GC being in a different name to tickets. She only needs to show her marriage certificate (if asked) and it will show the link from passport name to GC name.

When I travelled back to Australia for a visit, I had my tickets in my GC name. The reason I did this (and not passport name) is because I changed my passport while I was in Australia and buying tickets in my maiden name didn' make sense because by the time I took my return flight ALL my ID would be in my married name. Before I left I sent an email to immigration people (the name escapes me right now) who assured me GC name was fine, and provided me a link to the State website that said "government-issued ID" and gave examples such as drivers licence, permanent resident card etc.

Long story short - tickets are fine but in future you CAN book them in married name if you want/need to. For this trip make sure you have the marriage certificate in case they ask you to prove the link when she uses the GC to re-enter the US.

Timeline

Certainly with United and BA it is the Passport that counts, to get on the plane it is your Boarding Card,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Certainly with United and BA it is the Passport that counts, to get on the plane it is your Boarding Card,

Correct, I have seen time and again posts where the airline refuses boarding on international flights when passport and tickets do not match.

However for domestic flights the tickets can match any photo ID, Green-card, DL, or passport.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Just have a copy of the marriage cert on her, that will explain any discrepensies.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.