6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJ family, It nothing that irritates me more than when someone ask a question , and you give them a response, but it's not the response they want.The is a self-help forum and some of us have more experiences than others. If you don't like the repsonse to your question get your own personal attorney. real simple....Some ppl are not culturally senstive at all. First of all we are all adults, second there is no need to make derogatory comments on this forum.When we write a question we need to be senstive to the different ways the the question can percevied. Lastly, we are a family and we all share one goal:TO GET OUR LOVE ONE'S CLOSE TO US. At first when I read the forum about the tax information I thought it was funny, but IT's NOT!!!no one on this site have bad intentions to hurt any one, but when you call people names it is a ture example of the type of person you are and how you communicate. Again, we are all grown, and in life how you talk to people and attitude is everything we do.So, with that said when you write a comment and get a responses if it is no the one you want,just politely say " Am sorry, I don't think you understood my question". But to call someone a name is just ridiculous!!!! it makes me wonder how you talk to your spouse,or fiance. DivaM :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I try for proper tone - it's an issue, as English is not my first language.

SO - if I've offended yer sensibilities - I apologize.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I try for proper tone - it's an issue, as English is not my first language.

SO - if I've offended yer sensibilities - I apologize.

No, Darnell this was not directed to you. I don't care how angry I get do I really need to call ppl out their names? seriouly, but the point am trying to make is, when we ask a question,don't get madd if the person did not answer the way you wanted it answerd.It doesnt matter what your language is everyone deserves respect. and it does not hurt to be culturally sensitive to others and the way they think or perceive things. This a forum that is shared by all cultures.. so if the person did not like the response the professional way should have been to say " I don't think you undrstand what am saying".... We as ppl have to do better.Name calling doesn't solve anything,not to mention we are already frustrated enough with :NVC,USCIS,embassy, so why be mean to ppl?Lastly, if you don't trust the information being given out by the VJ brothers&sisters then they should get an attorney!!!!! "AM JUT SAYING" Diva M, LCSW :innocent:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No, Darnell this was not directed to you. I don't care how angry I get do I really need to call ppl out their names? seriouly, but the point am trying to make is, when we ask a question,don't get madd if the person did not answer the way you wanted it answerd.It doesnt matter what your language is everyone deserves respect. and it does not hurt to be culturally sensitive to others and the way they think or perceive things. This a forum that is shared by all cultures.. so if the person did not like the response the professional way should have been to say " I don't think you undrstand what am saying".... We as ppl have to do better.Name calling doesn't solve anything,not to mention we are already frustrated enough with :NVC,USCIS,embassy, so why be mean to ppl?Lastly, if you don't trust the information being given out by the VJ brothers&sisters then they should get an attorney!!!!! "AM JUT SAYING" Diva M, LCSW :innocent:

Dem upset mi fren ranting33va.gifprotest6wz.gif i'm with you... Read a post about a week ago.. people telling people they cant read and of course my views were shared. eb0dfafc.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That's why there's a report button. You can't change people, but you can report them and have their nastiness removed/hidden.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm actually going to move this topic to the Site Discussion forum as it applies all across the Board, not just in the Embassy and Consulate Discussion forum.

To add to the above, every now and then Visa Journey seems to attract individuals who have private agendas. While they may be on their own immigration journeys they are also interested in creating mayhem and drama among our members. We have had a number of such individuals recently. Sometimes when someone responds harshly it is easy to see that they are frustrated and lashing out in their frustration. It doesn't excuse their behaviour but it explains it - and such individuals often apologize for their comments later. There are a number of others who take pleasure out of getting other people upset, especially if they are upset themselves. I guess they belong to the group that believes misery loves company and they can feel better about their own problems by passing them on to others or making others feel bad. People like these often have issues with power - they feel powerless themselves while trying to deal with the immigration stresses that upsetting other people allows them to feel that they have some sort of control again - if only in a negative way.

As Vanessa pointed out, when someone behaves immaturely or inappropriately in a forum and insults another or name calls or says hurtful things, please don't respond back - click the report button to the bottom left of their post. That will bring them to the moderation team's attention and we can investigate and deal with the issue directly.

No one has the right to be rude, obnoxious, demeaning or belittling on Visa Journey, no matter what the provocation or how frustrated and angry someone is. If the information you receive isn't to your liking or doesn't answer the question you can politely say so. If the comment is judgmental or critical of the people involved, report it. If the person harasses you, report it. If someone sends you a nasty PM in response to your comments, report it.

There are many different personalities and cultures represented on Visa Journey. Many people are very nice and sincerely concerned about the mutually experienced issues that they share with others. Some, I am sorry to say, are just jerks and it often comes across in their posting behaviour. Those are the ones to report to the moderators.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!