^_^

My manager has gone into hiding.

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

He doesn't have a weapon, does he?

maybe he's building a bunker in his office before all the pink slips are delivered.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I hate change.

ETA: I'd only admit that on a message board. IRL I embrace change and love a challenge!

But the question is, are you a detail-oriented self-starter and team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Perhaps even more important, do you blow past the burn and totally rip it to the max?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Timeline

I wonder if he had to give you lower ratings in order to justify no/lower increases?

This is possible.

But the question is, are you a detail-oriented self-starter and team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Perhaps even more important, do you blow past the burn and totally rip it to the max?

:lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Could it be he himself is on the way out?

I'm leaning hard on that position.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Actually, drugs came to my mind too with the typos, acting embarrassed, not meeting with people for their reviews. But it probably has nothing to do with that. lol. But you never know. Well it's not like he only didn't meet with you, right? I will give you some of your own advice: chillax. For now...

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

My mom does reviews quite a bit for the hospital and one thing she has mentioned about the time after reviews is that she feels like a babysitter sometimes. Instead of people coming to her to discuss the review, they come to her a whine about it and ask why they didn't get a better review. Maybe he doesn't want whiners? Probably not though :lol:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, sort of.

He emailed us our reviews today and they were confusing, to say the least. Glowing comments about technical leadership and effective communications, combined with ratings (the only thing that actually matters) that are lower than last year.

Every other year he sets up meetings to tell us what our ratings were and personally talk to us about the review. Not this year. This year we get them in an email with no offer of an actual meeting.

To top it off, we had a team meeting scheduled this afternoon and he canceled it with the note "No new information". I just went to talk to him about the team meeting (and did not bring up the review at all) and he seemed embarrassed and uncomfortable.

He is hiding out. I wonder why.

I think he's started posting on VJ. He dosn't have time to really pay any attention to what the employees are doing or to be attending silly meetings. He's embarrassed because he knows he's not supposed to spending all his work time posting on VJ. My question is which poster is it? Probably someone who is posting all the time.

Edited by Dan and Judy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think he's started posting on VJ. He dosn't have time to really pay any attention to what the employees are doing or to be attending silly meetings. He's embarrassed because he knows he's not supposed to spending all his work time posting on VJ. My question is which poster is it? Probably someone who is posting all the time.

aj works for nagi? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My ex was/is a manager in a large insurance company. Every year he and other managers would get called into a secret meeting with the higher-ups and they would get told how many points they could give each person in their team for their annual review. This was because the staff's bonus and raise was contingent on the points they received and the upper management didn't want too many people getting too many points. So every year, my ex would get stressed out trying to figure out how to explain to his best guys why they were not getting glowing reviews.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wonder if he had to give you lower ratings in order to justify no/lower increases?

This.

It happened to me last year. It was pretty obvious because the commentary was all similar to in the past, but the ratings were lower, and the raise was lower. Not too hard to figure out what happened.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I bet your manager is spending his time posting resumes and looking for a new job :lol:

Hence he can't let anyone see what he's doing...

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

I got another email invitation. This one is for a workshop that is intended to teach me how to adapt to change. Apparently, "change is constant" and "change is coming" (how can both be true?) and they want to "acknowledge" my "sense of loss" and help me "identify strengths" so I can "move to the new beginning".

It did occur to me that maybe this invite was sent in error too. But I am guessing not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got another email invitation. This one is for a workshop that is intended to teach me how to adapt to change. Apparently, "change is constant" and "change is coming" (how can both be true?) and they want to "acknowledge" my "sense of loss" and help me "identify strengths" so I can "move to the new beginning".

It did occur to me that maybe this invite was sent in error too. But I am guessing not.

They want to 'acknowledge' your 'sense of loss' due to the 'constant/coming change'... :unsure::blink:

Have they told you what this change is...or is it just 'change' in general...

Odd...

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals