khrix n fabian

k-1 visa RFE

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

On August 2010 I sent k-1 package and then on January 10 I received a RFE letter on the mail and on february I send pictures and copies of passport and tickets that I had... I also sent a letter explaning how and when I met my fiance and a letter that my cousin made for me as a witness... I just want to know if that was enough I also just realize that i had to send a letter signed by my fiance and me that we are free to marry and willing to do it, am I going to receive another RFE or my case is going to be denied... How much are they going to keep me waiting for an answer because this is taking too long.. I also noticed that in the internet in the case satus they said their going to send me an answer in 90 days... what does that means?????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, you will receive an RFE for the letters of intent that are required from the both of you.

Take some time now to study the K1 guide here on VJ to make sure that you are doing things properly.

Best of luck.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

don't worry, you will get your noa2 soon, usually it just takes 2 weeks for CSC to give u noa2 after u get "request for evidence response review"

mtkjlr21hm8.png

beachbottle41241023528.jpg

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

08 june 2010 sent I-129F

10 june 2010 NOA1

15 june 2010 NOA1 Hard copy and touched

02 nov 2010 RFE Email from USCIS

09 nov 2010 RFE Hardcopy

10 nov 2010 mailed back the RFE

16 nov 2010 RFE Response Review

17 nov 2010 Touched "NOA2"

22 nov 2010 NOA2 in the mail

30 nov 2010 NVC sent the case to US embassy in Jakarta

04 Dec 2010 received NVC letter in the mail

08 Dec 2010 Packet 3 received

10 Dec 2010 Medical appointment

14 Dec 2010 Packet 3 sent

15 Dec 2010 Packet 4 received "interview date"

23 Dec 2010 Interview Date, APPROVED !!!

29 Dec 2010 Visa in Hand ^_____^

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

On August 2010 I sent k-1 package and then on January 10 I received a RFE letter on the mail and on february I send pictures and copies of passport and tickets that I had... I also sent a letter explaning how and when I met my fiance and a letter that my cousin made for me as a witness... I just want to know if that was enough I also just realize that i had to send a letter signed by my fiance and me that we are free to marry and willing to do it, am I going to receive another RFE or my case is going to be denied... How much are they going to keep me waiting for an answer because this is taking too long.. I also noticed that in the internet in the case satus they said their going to send me an answer in 90 days... what does that means?????

If you did not send back all that they asked of you in the RFE then yes you will get another RFE. You need to read it thoroughly and then get all the required documents to send back.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

It is hard to tell you if you've satisfied the RFE requirements without actually telling us what the RFE was for. Was it for proof of having met and letters of intent?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is hard to tell you if you've satisfied the RFE requirements without actually telling us what the RFE was for. Was it for proof of having met and letters of intent?

The RFE was to let them know that we met in person... But am desperate because this is takink tooooooooo much time :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The RFE was to let them know that we met in person... But am desperate because this is takink tooooooooo much time :(

; it takes some time to hear anything back. As soon as they have received your missing documents, you'll hear something soon. I think you'll hear something next week or the week after.. Don't stress, just wait it out, although it's easier said than done :innocent:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Well if you've sent copies of passport stamps, boarding passes, pictures, etc... I think you'll be fine. It usually doesn't take much longer to get an approval once the RFE is received.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have the same problem, I got RFE in the mail from CSC and they were asking for every item I already sent them, photos where we met, engagement photos, phone records, Skype communication, and they are asking where are the communication before we met in person. We did not have communication before we met, First time we introduced and met was during my vacation in resort park in Turkey where she lives, we liked each other and we got engaged. Our photos did not have date/time stamp because Cyber shot DSC-W120 camera does not have these function. They are also asking for the first page of my passport and the pages of entry and departure with the stamp ( I already sent this one with my petition). We have been on the phone since I returned from Turkey last July, and I sent all of these phone records. Any one can help, are they just picking on the application to deny it. It is very frustrated, they mail the RFE exactly on the 5 months mark of processing the K-1 petition, why they did not sent back after they touched my file three times.. Did they lost all what I sent them? any help or suggestion would be appreciated....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have the same problem, I got RFE in the mail from CSC and they were asking for every item I already sent them, photos where we met, engagement photos, phone records, Skype communication, and they are asking where are the communication before we met in person. We did not have communication before we met, First time we introduced and met was during my vacation in resort park in Turkey where she lives, we liked each other and we got engaged. Our photos did not have date/time stamp because Cyber shot DSC-W120 camera does not have these function. They are also asking for the first page of my passport and the pages of entry and departure with the stamp ( I already sent this one with my petition). We have been on the phone since I returned from Turkey last July, and I sent all of these phone records. Any one can help, are they just picking on the application to deny it. It is very frustrated, they mail the RFE exactly on the 5 months mark of processing the K-1 petition, why they did not sent back after they touched my file three times.. Did they lost all what I sent them? any help or suggestion would be appreciated....

First, you probably got the RFE because they lost the evidence you sent with the petition. Just send the evidence they ask for again.

Second, they do not require evidence of communications when you are not physically together, either before or after you've physically met each other. I refuse to believe they asked for this on the RFE. I think you misread what they were asking for. They require proof you physically met each other within the previous two years - nothing more.

Third, no RFE will be sent until an adjudicator has your packet in his/her hands and is reviewing it. A touch only means somebody scanned the barcode they stuck on your packet while they were moving the box. None of the people who handle your packet before an adjudicator gets it is going to send you an RFE.

Finally, just out of curiosity - how is it that you've been a member of this site since 2005, and you're just now getting around to filing your petition?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Seems long, but we will wait together. I filed in August of 2010 got a RFE on Feb., 2nd, for not checking the box if i ever committed a crime, they receive RFE respond on Feb 11th. I am still patiently waiting, every time I call VSC they say it takes 60 days, so I should call back after that time as passed. This is driving me crazy..... Patience is the key

K-1 Visa

08/04/2010......I 129f filed (at VSC)

03/29/2011......NOA2

06/07/2011......INTERVIEW.....APPROVED

Aos

08/16/2011...... aos filed

08/29/2011...... Noa

09/16/2011...... biometrics

10/18/2011...... EAD approved

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well, thanks for your response, to answer your question, when I joined in 2005, it was a curiosity and there was a plan to file a K-1 visa petition but unfortunately it did not workout. So the recent I-129 F filling has nothing to do with the year I signed in VJ. And I understand that they wanted the communication, before and after we met, and that what I included in my submitted folder, there was no communication before our meeting I sent all evidences of our communication during and after my return from my vacation . we met/introduced and communicated for the first time during our stay as guests on the resort. Will see what happen after I mail the communication evidences again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.