frontwheel

Help me write my ads (Employment Green Card)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker and fan of the site and the amazing knowledge that everyone here has. I finally have a question so I decided to take the plunge and make an account!

I've been doing a lot more work at my job lately and it paid off because I finally got my boss to agree to sponsor me for a green card (yay!!!) We both agree it's a waste of money to spend on a lawyer because we got my visa without hiring a lawyer. We both agree theyre only in it for the money.

We're moving along with process and just realized we need to run some newspaper ads. Anyone who's done this before have any ideas? This is what we have so far:

"Wanted: A highly motivated, independent thinking person to fill the position of Senior Aid. We are a small company, so you will get to have a hand in everything that gets done. Do not apply if you are not focused and highly qualified"

Thanks everyone and happy immigrating! I'm almost there!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wouldn't an employment ad describe the job and the needed qualifications?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The ad is way too generic You have to have a skill not readily available in the vast unemployed job seeking market. In today's market your boss will get 5000 responses and how will he show what special skill you have for the job described.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

The ad is way too generic You have to have a skill not readily available in the vast unemployed job seeking market. In today's market your boss will get 5000 responses and how will he show what special skill you have for the job described.

Thanks for your help! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. I work for a small printing company. I spend half my time talking to clients/managing their accounts, making sure theyve paid etc and the other half running and repairing our printing machine. So what do you think of this:

"Wanted: A highly motivated, independent thinking person to fill the position of Senior Printing Aid and Account Rep. You will be responsible to repairing and running a complex and technical printing machine and managing client accounts/dealing with customers. Do not apply if you are not focused and highly qualified. Must have experience!"

I'm way more qualified than pretty much evreyone else (thats why my boss hired me) so I'm not really worried about 5000 resumes.) My boss could just say that I'm the best person for the job (because i am, not to sound elitist lol)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am afraid this is not an issue of you being better than anyone else...

It is an issue of none of those 5000 people being able to do the job.

Thanks for your help! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. I work for a small printing company. I spend half my time talking to clients/managing their accounts, making sure theyve paid etc and the other half running and repairing our printing machine. So what do you think of this:

"Wanted: A highly motivated, independent thinking person to fill the position of Senior Printing Aid and Account Rep. You will be responsible to repairing and running a complex and technical printing machine and managing client accounts/dealing with customers. Do not apply if you are not focused and highly qualified. Must have experience!"

I'm way more qualified than pretty much evreyone else (thats why my boss hired me) so I'm not really worried about 5000 resumes.) My boss could just say that I'm the best person for the job (because i am, not to sound elitist lol)

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Do you already have a visa but it is not a dual intent one? or do you currently work for your employer abroad and he wants to bring you to the USA? Keep in mind an employment visa costs the employer about $5000 to get, so you would have to be very good for them to do this..

anyway, I think the ad is still too generic. How about something like:

"Wanted: A highly motivated, independent thinking person to fill the position of Senior Printing Aid and Account Rep. You will be responsible to repairing and running a <brand and type name> printing machine and managing client accounts/dealing with customers. Must have 5 years (or however much you have) experience with <brand and type name> printing machines and a proven track record in managing client accounts, growing the business, and dealing with customer complaints. Do not apply if you are not focused and highly qualified."

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Do you already have a visa but it is not a dual intent one? or do you currently work for your employer abroad and he wants to bring you to the USA? Keep in mind an employment visa costs the employer about $5000 to get, so you would have to be very good for them to do this..

anyway, I think the ad is still too generic. How about something like:

"Wanted: A highly motivated, independent thinking person to fill the position of Senior Printing Aid and Account Rep. You will be responsible to repairing and running a <brand and type name> printing machine and managing client accounts/dealing with customers. Must have 5 years (or however much you have) experience with <brand and type name> printing machines and a proven track record in managing client accounts, growing the business, and dealing with customer complaints. Do not apply if you are not focused and highly qualified."

Thanks Penguin! I showed this to my boss and he made some changes and sent it into the newspaper. I never realized how expensive neewspaper ads are. My boss didn't either and seemed like he was having second thoughts. We agreed to split the cost, so I guess I won't be getting my new ipod, lol.

I'm here in the US. I was married last year and tried getting a GC through my wife. My boss filed the visa card for me after the GC application was submitted. My wife left me and had her lawyer threaten me with a lot unless i agreed to the divorce. Thats a big reason i want nothing to do with a lawyer for this, im tired of being screwed over by them. Anyway, my visa card expires in august and im thinking ahead about my employment greencard.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what visa do you hold, currently ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Timeline

Not bad for a start. But as someone who failed pulling this off, let me add this:

Due to our internat'l customer base, fluent Suaheli, Vietnamese, Arabic, and a working level of Sanskrit is required.

That should reduce the amount of applications by about 99.9%.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Not bad for a start. But as someone who failed pulling this off, let me add this:

Due to our internat'l customer base, fluent Suaheli, Vietnamese, Arabic, and a working level of Sanskrit is required.

That should reduce the amount of applications by about 99.9%.

That's a great idea. The ad is supposed to run next week, so I can check with my boss to see if we can change the wording. The only reason I'm worried is because I'll probably have to pay any additional costs. The ads are expensive!

Darnell, I forget the exact name of my visa. When my wife filed a GC application, my boss said I could get get a work visa before I got my GC. We filled out a form and sent it in. I got a card in the mail that let me get a SS number and start working. My wife decided she wanted to divorce before i got my GC and her lawyer screwed me over big time.

I still have my work visa, but it expires in august. I want to make sure i get everything sorted out before then.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ah - so you have an EAD. is not really any visa, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Did you arrive on a K1 fiance visa?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

ah - so you have an EAD. is not really any visa, at all.

Yes, EAD sounds familiar. Thanks for your comments everyone, but all this visa/family stuff is in the past. I'm really looking for tips about filing my employment GC. Which form will my boss need once the newspaper ads run?

Timeline

All of your experience will roll up together. How you entered the US is important. And not being out of status is important.

If your employer thinks that it's just run an ad and poof you have a visa it isn't that simple.

Edited by Anh map

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.