talean nawaz

Bomb blast outside my husband;s home

30 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Refrain yourself from posting if you can't help someone! I don't understand why would you post something so disrespectful and utterly insensitive!

Everyone who goes through this process has a right to worry about their S/O's or loved ones.

KnR aka slider100

headbonk.gif it's already addressed..! and to every one else...!

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An additional post violating TOS has also been removed and poster thread-banned

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

RICARDO4EVA2, I understand that this has already been addressed but on VJ, we all have a right to express ourselves! I understand you have copied and pasted the expedition criteria from the USCIS page and the OP must have taken a look at it!

So, all the work has been done by you! I usually refrain myself from posting on "heated" topics but this one needed it.

I am glad you helped the OP out!

Also, to the OP, I would like to add that you could try writing to your Congressman, it might help!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I am not sure the below story, which was on the wire this morning, is related or not. But to suggest that moving would assist the OP's husband (move where?) appears somewhat unfounded as in this particular case if you lived next to a CD shop you were at risk. I would guess that most would shake in their boots if a bombing occurred in their same city more or less right next door! Agree it would not be viewed or qualify as case for expedition, but would probably be helpful to include in a plea for help (with other factors) in the effort. While there are many facts absent for a clear understanding of the situation i.e. status etc., I do hope for the safety of both parties and the perseverance of patience, hope, and faith.

------

Several shops were damaged early Monday morning when a bomb exploded in front of music CD shops in northwestern Pakistan, police said.

No one was hurt in the blast in Mardan, a main city some 60 kilometers from Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa province, police said.

No group claimed responsibility for the blast. Taliban militants have targeted music CD shops in Mardan and other parts of the country in the past.

The blast took place just before dawn and destroyed 10 shops, locals said.

Owners of the music CD shops said they had received threats from unidentified persons to stop the business. They demanded of the government to provide security.

Police said that they have started investigation and are searching for those responsible for the attack.

------

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

to the OP - I'm so sorry you are going through this; we went through something very similar and I know it is an incredibly scary thing and it seems unfair that there is no expedite for something like this. Just wanted to wish you luck; hope that there will be no delays in your process and that he can come to you soon.

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hope all is ok and good luck.

July 2, 2010 Elya and Ken Married in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
July 14, 2011 - Point of Entry Chicago. Arrived safely. Hurah
April 11, 2013 CSC Filed I-751

August 8, Pending Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though the disparaging post in question had already been addressed by Captain Ewok earlier and I removed later posts and thread-banned the poster, we continue to receive reports about the post, so I have removed the post along with all of the posts quoting it, and am returning the acceptable parts of the quoting posts to the thread here:

A little uncalled for don't you think?

I am sorry for that.. Are you in Pakistan with him or you are waiting for him to get approved in the US?

I hope he/you both can move to a safer location until you get your visa..

When was your noa1 dated? hopefully you get your noa2 soon.

I wish you both all the best!

Rude. the poster truly has no idea if this is something that can or can not be done, we all get concerned with our loved ones and want to do something to help them if we can , and this immigration process is confusing at best. I remember when i was fresh in this before i started to learn things, i had an idea that actually would have turned out to be completely illegal. We are all naive to this process until we learn about it. If you have wisdom and have taken the time to learn and become knowledgeable, the best way to share it is with the compassion I am sure people too with you when you did not know. If you think people need to learn for themselves and not ask questions , then maybe you should not belong to a forum FOR PEOPLE TO ASK QUESTIONS.

To the OP , there are specific things that you can ask for an expidition, unfortunately this is not one of them =( The best thing you can do is do your best to keep him encouraged and maybe help him figure out a way to get to a safer place then where he is. I hope you get your NOA2 soon. Take care and God bless.

Very unhelpful.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I would definately try for an expedite, and I hope that you can get it. Unfortunately, for your circumstance, potential immigrants from your significant others part of the world are screened a little bit more heavily than most. I am not trying to be offensive, or say whether they should or shouldnt, Im just stating fact.

What this means for you and your spouse, is that an expedite might not be available because of the extensive background checks required. However, document document and document some more. He needs to take pictures of what happened, show the damage to his house and property, and you should send it in with your expedite request.

I also think that contacting your senator at this point might be helpful.

Im sorry you have been put through even more unnecessary stress and heartache, this process is hard enough to begin with.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From a practical point of view I can not remember somewhere beibg bombed twice, so moving may not be the best idea.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

To OP's point bomb explosion outside your husbands house does not make him a candidate for expediated process. Yes you may be worried, but he as per USCIS he has no ground for any reason to be expediated.

There are ppl all over the world waiting in immigration line with worst situation and yet they have to wait like everyone else.

As someone mentioned in earlier post, in fact when someone migrates from Pakistan extra scrutiny happens, just coz of the culture and they things youths from that country has participated in various illegal activities.

Just a recent one in NY one of them tried to explode the dirty bomb after getting his citizenship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It was all over the news, was very easy to verify. I lived there for 2 years, I know what goes on there...

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

IMHO, seeking an expedite whether or not it appears to be relevant or not is perfectly justifiable and an argument could be made that this is a case that calls for a humanitarian expedite. In any event, the expedite plea is reviewed and the granting of an expedited is a discretionary function of the director. As such there is no direct causal relationhip between any particular situation and the granting of an expedite.

I would say to go for it. The worst that could happen is that it is denied. Be prepared with a very well written and humble appeal rather than a demand though. And, have hope but not expectation.

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wasn't sure where to post this... i'm sorry if this is the wrong place...

There was a bomb blast right outside my husband's home an hour ago... i was wondering if anyone could guide me,, if there was any possible way to get hom here sooner because of this. Is there anyone i can contact. Im so worried and dont know where to turn at this point.

Well ... I've tried looking at your timeline. And it doesn't seem you have one. But can relate to how you must feel. I lived in Islamabad and Swat for almost 2 years. And I've seen the bomb blast, I use to work in the building next to the Marriott !! And like you I want my husband home. I can't give much advice except to contact the embassy concerning your husband safety. If I can be of any help or support let me know.

My prayers are with the both of you

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.