roseles

do i need to show engagement ring for the CO interview?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

is it important to have a engagement ring for the CO interview? when my fiancee ask me to marry him i said yes i will.. but we dont have a engagement ring unlike the other's, .. is it really important? or its just depend to the CO what they will ask to u :( just worried thank u in advance ..good luck to all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, I don't have one and didn't want one. No one asked about it

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Not important at all. A lot of people don't want one, and a lot of cultures don't use them.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting Topic Rose. You know, I don't have an Answer to that. Mavylyn has a Engagement Ring but she does not wear it. She is concerned she will loose it, get stolen, etc. It is keeped in a safe place at her Nanay and Tatays and she only wears it when she visits her parents, then when she returns back to work and where she lives, her Nanay puts it away for her again in a safe place. I don't think its a big deal for the CO to see it. It is optional in the I-129F to show receipts for a Ring and not required. Mavylyn is planning on wearing it to the Interview if we get that far but I know after the Interview it will go back in Nanay's safe keeping. Most Philipina's are very shy and do not flaunt jewlery anyway. In humor, Philipina's cherrish a Cell Phone. LOL. They don't care about a ring.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

is it important to have a engagement ring for the CO interview? when my fiancee ask me to marry him i said yes i will.. but we dont have a engagement ring unlike the other's, .. is it really important? or its just depend to the CO what they will ask to u :( just worried thank u in advance ..good luck to all

I dont think its really important, as long as you proved that the relationship is bonifide then you'll be approved. Goodluck....

post-89526-0-28714900-1297018103_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I don't think that should be an issue!I do not have an engagement ring and nor do I wish to have one. Just a plain bog standard wedding band on the day we get married will do me. Personally, I see it as a waste of money.I would rather keep our money to do something nice together. We will not be inviting anybody to the wedding either. It's just going to be me and him....oh and the dog of course! :lol:

Timeline

There is no rule saying you must wear it, but those people will look at your finger and check the ring for purpose to make decision.

i'm just worried about it, coz someone told that during her interview the CO ask her about the ring, but i notice that most of the filipina whos engaged did not wear a ring,or during there interview they dont ask about it.. Thank u for the compliments,

Nope, I don't have one and didn't want one. No one asked about it

Good luck

i'm just worried about it, coz someone told that during her interview the CO ask her about the ring, but i notice that most of the filipina whos engaged did not wear a ring,or during there interview they dont ask about it..

I don't think that should be an issue!I do not have an engagement ring and nor do I wish to have one. Just a plain bog standard wedding band on the day we get married will do me. Personally, I see it as a waste of money.I would rather keep our money to do something nice together. We will not be inviting anybody to the wedding either. It's just going to be me and him....oh and the dog of course! :lol:

i'm just worried about it, coz someone told that during her interview the CO ask her about the ring, but i notice that most of the filipina whos engaged did not wear a ring,or during there interview they dont ask about it..thank u for the compliments my friend

Timeline

I dont think its really important, as long as you proved that the relationship is bonifide then you'll be approved. Goodluck....

i'm just worried about it, coz someone told that during her interview the CO ask her about the ring, but i notice that most of the filipina whos engaged did not wear a ring,or during there interview they dont ask about it..thank u for the compliments my friend

Timeline

Interesting Topic Rose. You know, I don't have an Answer to that. Mavylyn has a Engagement Ring but she does not wear it. She is concerned she will loose it, get stolen, etc. It is keeped in a safe place at her Nanay and Tatays and she only wears it when she visits her parents, then when she returns back to work and where she lives, her Nanay puts it away for her again in a safe place. I don't think its a big deal for the CO to see it. It is optional in the I-129F to show receipts for a Ring and not required. Mavylyn is planning on wearing it to the Interview if we get that far but I know after the Interview it will go back in Nanay's safe keeping. Most Philipina's are very shy and do not flaunt jewlery anyway. In humor, Philipina's cherrish a Cell Phone. LOL. They don't care about a ring.

i'm just worried about it, coz someone told that during her interview the CO ask her about the ring, but i notice that most of the filipina whos engaged did not wear a ring,or during there interview they dont ask about it..

anyway most of the filipina are shy specially those filipina living in province I guess ur love one just wanted to keep safely the ring that u gave to her thats how important and value you the way she do that..hahaha a cellphone for now is one of the important thing to all of us coz its one of a gadget that we can use all the time..LOL thanks for the compliments my friend

There is no rule saying you must wear it, but those people will look at your finger and check the ring for purpose to make decision.

i'm just worried about it, coz someone told that during her interview the CO ask her about the ring, but i notice that most of the filipina whos engaged did not wear a ring,or during there interview they dont ask about it..thanks for the compliments my friend

If you have one --there is no harm in wearing it at the interview, and also they may not ask for it . Like May/Tim said --my fiancee has an engegement ring but does not wear it to work and when she goes out since she is agraid of losing it , or for it to get stolen .Her mom keeps it in a sfe place .I will ask her to wear at her interview as further proof since we took many pics of our the engagement ceremony with some with me on my knees proposing to her :lol: But as I said it just depends on whose consular officer interviews you .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

If you have one --there is no harm in wearing it at the interview, and also they may not ask for it . Like May/Tim said --my fiancee has an engegement ring but does not wear it to work and when she goes out since she is agraid of losing it , or for it to get stolen .Her mom keeps it in a sfe place .I will ask her to wear at her interview as further proof since we took many pics of our the engagement ceremony with some with me on my knees proposing to her :lol: But as I said it just depends on whose consular officer interviews you .

when my fiancee ask me to marry him i said yes i will, but he never gave a engagement ring to me which is not too bad for me, it doesn't matter if i have a ring or not, im just worried for something reason like this coz someone told to me that during the interview the CO ask her if she have a engagement ring thats why.. how i wish they wont ask me about it,thank u for the compliments my friend

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No unless requested.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

It was not an issue, it was never even brought up. I was wearing it but never did the CO see my hands or even ask so I would assume that its not a big deal. But if youre really worried about it, buy a ring from Silverworks for less than Php500 ($10).. They will never know :)

Or this:

$9 ring, its pretty!

I have one just like it.. there are days where I don't feel safe wearing my real ring so I wear this instead, haha :) I feel naked when I don't wear a ring so during days where I am traveling (like when we went to Boracay etc) I would wear my "fake" ring :) I know its silly but sometimes in the Philippines it is a necessity!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.