Ryan & Inna

Life after move...

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm guessing you spent some time in the States and/or Canada...your English is only too good....same with your spelling. So I'm going to guess again and say this is the husband to be posting, and not the wife to be. Nice try. btw your topic is what we call "trolling".

Im studying english from 5 years old, the same as german. + had private english teacher, who used to work for British embassy. so thats no wonder that i know foreign languages so good.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im moving to US. I love my fiance but i dont like anything about the USA. Ugly clothes, strict rules, stupid smile on everyones face. Im perfectly good in my own city Kiev, Ukraine. I have everything i want here. My fiance says that if not for his well-paid job in US we would probably live in Ukraine. So id like to here stories from girls who moved from Ukraine/Russia/Belarus to US. What changed for better and what changed for worse. Really looking forward to hear some informative stories :)

The winters are warmer here.........................................................at least they used to be

Inna,

I'm sure you enjoyed the responses from people not associated with Ukraine, Russia or other FSU countries. I guess their regional forums are just too boring. :whistle:

My wife is from Kyiv also and she is very happy here. But, you have to remember the reason you are coming to America. You want to be with the man you love. As far as some of your comments about the USA, why don't you reserve your judgment until you have been here a while.

If you want to be taken seriously, then do those things we all do. Fill out the timeline, tell us a little about where your will be living and ask what can you really expect.

Since you are so young, adjusting to life in America will probably not be that tough. The hardest part will be missing your family, friends and all that you have known. That's one reason this site is called Visa Journey. You are taking the adventure of your life and only the future will tell you what is in store for you.

Filed: Timeline

Inna,

I'm sure you enjoyed the responses from people not associated with Ukraine, Russia or other FSU countries. I guess their regional forums are just too boring. :whistle:

My wife is from Kyiv also and she is very happy here. But, you have to remember the reason you are coming to America. You want to be with the man you love. As far as some of your comments about the USA, why don't you reserve your judgment until you have been here a while.

If you want to be taken seriously, then do those things we all do. Fill out the timeline, tell us a little about where your will be living and ask what can you really expect.

Since you are so young, adjusting to life in America will probably not be that tough. The hardest part will be missing your family, friends and all that you have known. That's one reason this site is called Visa Journey. You are taking the adventure of your life and only the future will tell you what is in store for you.

No, no. Dont think that i judje. I only express my general thoughts. I just hear from everybody how great US is. But nobody can answer why is it? Of couse im sure that ill like it when im there. But as i dont have experience i started this topic.

No, no. Dont think that i judje. I only express my general thoughts. I just hear from everybody how great US is. But nobody can answer why is it? Of couse im sure that ill like it when im there. But as i dont have experience i started this topic.

Well if your the typical Ukrainian woman and your into stiletto heels and mini skirts...don't change anything when you get here. Keep dressing sexy. :yes:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

There are a lot of things you will probably like about the US. What I hear the most from women is how cheap the clothes are here. There is also a good selection of food all year long with generally reasonable prices, but that can vary depending upon where in the country you are.

I suggest that your fiance find some stores not far from where you will live that carry Russian and Ukrainian products. That will help you feel more at home. For us, we have to travel about 90 miles (1 1/2 hour drive) but it is worth it.

Stay in touch with us on the RUB after you arrive, because you will have many more questions as will your fiance. This is a great source for information and we have more fun here than most of the other forums. One of the reasons you had so many non-RUB comments.

Relax, let it unfold for you and be prepared for new experiences. In most cases, both the American and Ukrainian/Russian, etc. spouses are very happy. :thumbs:

So, Inna,

When are you coming to the US? Although the east is getting blasted by winter, spring is not too far away. Remember that your visa is good for six months, so you don't have to leave right away.

Just remind your fiance that you are not up on all the slang that Americans use and he will have to translate for you. :rofl:

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I do believe your lost...this is the RUB forum, not the Africa forum.

Yes, do not come to the RUB forum. Now don't they have a Jamaica forum? Try posting there and leave off.

Your mentality is obviously flawed. The country you see associated with each member does not necessarily mean that is the member's country. It is mostly their beneficiary's. Nonetheless, my posts where not with hate or disrespect ...I just pointed out what was improper. We don't fight wars on VisaJourney. Every post is free for all to respond to and unconcealed from everyone else.

Edited by Tero

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wait till someone else expresses their concerns about your post.

and then that ball will be in my court. now cease badgering the op and hijacking this thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Haha, it's always fun when interlopers from other regional forums come and get offended.

Inna, it will definitely be a big adjustment. But you'll be there with someone you love, and that's the most important thing. If you put in the effort, you can have a much higher quality of life than you would be able to in Ukraine. Also, you can, for the most part, trust in formal institutions in the United States. No bribery, etc. Clothes are cheap, and you will probably consistently be the best-dressed women in a room. :D

Bad things: The USA has much more of an "every man for himself" mentality. People you don't know may smile on the street and ask you how they are, but it's hard to find people who you can call at 3am who would be willing to help you with a problem. That is, I think, the biggest adjustment--the relative importance of friends and family.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has adjusted well. She enjoys our spacious home and the beautiful and clean city we live in. She is so happy with the availability of all varieties of clothes ( she will not wear the ugly "American" clothes) and makeup and the bargain prices. She does ask why Americans dress so poorly, but she enjoys looking ten times better than every other woman. She loves the food, but thinks people gain weight here because the food tastes so good. Like you she does not understand why Americans are happy and smiling so often. She also comments that there are more blacks and Mexicans than she expected.

Just some of her comments.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Ugly clothes, fat people, bad food, etc., etc., etc.

But....

You can have your own car and enough money to do whatever you want, buy nice clothes, meet up with people who are fit and eat delicious food and do whatever you want to do.

My wife HATED being here for the first year or two and told me several times a day how much better her life was before she got here. But now, she does everything she wants to, wears nice clothes, and eats good food. She also goes to the gym, gets massages, and hangs out with her Russian buddies at nice restaraunts and night clubs. She works at her leisure, does what she wants in her free time, and generally just lives the life she wants to live.

I'm not saying she didn't do that back home... but she sure doesn't want to go back!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

If you're worried about "ugly" clothes, check this place out - http://www.bebe.com

As mentioned by other posters, TJ Maxx is a good place to find fashionable discounts too. The clothes here are almost free! My wife stays fashionable. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing ugly clothes.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.