Ryan & Inna

Life after move...

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Im moving to US. I love my fiance but i dont like anything about the USA. Ugly clothes, strict rules, stupid smile on everyones face. Im perfectly good in my own city Kiev, Ukraine. I have everything i want here.  My fiance says that if not for his well-paid job in US we would probably live in Ukraine. So id like to here stories from girls who moved from Ukraine/Russia/Belarus to US. What changed for better and what changed for worse. Really looking forward to  hear some informative stories :)

How long have you actually been in the US for?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Im moving to US. I love my fiance but i dont like anything about the USA. Ugly clothes, strict rules, stupid smile on everyones face. Im perfectly good in my own city Kiev, Ukraine. I have everything i want here.  My fiance says that if not for his well-paid job in US we would probably live in Ukraine. So id like to here stories from girls who moved from Ukraine/Russia/Belarus to US. What changed for better and what changed for worse. Really looking forward to  hear some informative stories :)

Oh wow...why don't you just stay in Ukraine andhave your fiance visit you when he's on leave or something???? Maybe the US isn't for you....

AOS From B2 Journey

8/13/10: AOS Package Sent

8/16/10: Package Received at Chicago Lock Box

8/26/10: Checks Cleared and Case Transferred to NBC

8/30/10: NOA Text/ Email and Hard Copy

8/31/10: Case Status Appears On USCIS Site

9/9/10: I-130 I-485 I-765 Touched

10/5/10: Called USCIS abt "No Bio Letter" / Service Request

10/13/10: Hard Copy Service Request

10/20/10: I-765 I-485 Touched

10/21/10: I-765 I-485 Touched Again :-)

10/23/10: Biometric Letter Received For Nov 15 App

11/15/10: Biometric Appointment

11/15/10: EAD Approved..... I-485 & I-765 Touched

11/16/10: Card Production Ordered.....I-485 & I-765 Touched

11/19/10: Card Production text and email received again for I-765. I-765 Touched

11/23/10: EAD Received

11/29/10: Applied for ID and SS card

12/04/10: SS card and AOS Interview Letter received

01/04/11: AOS Interview..APPROVED!!!

01/13/11: Green Card Received

ROC JOURNEY

10/09/12: ROC Filed

10/12/12: Package delivered to VCS

10/17/12: Check cashed, but no NOA1 yet.

10/20/12: NOA1 hardcopy received. Dated 10/15/12

11/09/12: Biometrics Notice

12/04/12: Biometrics Done

01/04/13: 2yr GC expires

04/26/13: RFE :-(

05/22/13: REF Response Mailed

06/06/13: Text and Email update: Card production ordered!!!

06/10/13: USCIS update about card mailed!

06/12/13: CARD RECEIVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is a very inappropriate way to start a thread. If you want genuine responses, start your thread neutral. This is not the site to express interracial/international rancor.

This is a very inappropriate way to start a thread. If you want genuine responses, start your thread neutral. This is not the site to express interracial/international rancor.

Im not expressing rancor. Im just expressing my concerns. And im just looking for experience of other people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Im moving to US. I love my fiance but i dont like anything about the USA.

Ugly clothes, strict rules, stupid smile on everyones face. Im perfectly good in my own city Kiev, Ukraine. I have everything i want here.  My fiance says that if not for his well-paid job in US we would probably live in Ukraine. So id like to here stories from girls who moved from Ukraine/Russia/Belarus to US. What changed for better and what changed for worse. Really looking forward to  hear some informative stories :)

ok I give you the clothes, "strict rules" not sure what you are talking about here

not sure why smiling is a problem either..

What changed for the better?

Hmm... they never turn off the hot water in your apartment building here in the middle of the winter (unless you don't pay the bill)

you can make more the $160 a month here and buy more "ugly clothes" or whatever you want

Much less likely to encounter someone here who smells bad because they were conserving water or didn't own a washing machine (although it happens )

when you own your home here, YOU own it not the state and your mom, dad brothers and sisters too.

You will NEVER encounter a "stand up" Soviet style toilet or rough sandpaper like toilet paper again living here.

Oh there is no Lukashenko , or putin or any of those characters running things.

You don't have to bribe cops or government officials

Most Americans DON"T live with parents into their late twenties early thirties and rarely live with their parents after marriage

Oh and Disneyland and Las Vegas are here in the States

and someone will later chime in we have guns and pie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do NOT Come!!!! if you don't like the us why come? In marriages or relationship it's called compromise. i can't even imagine you coming here feeling the way you feel. Am sorry but it is ppl like you that give all countries a badd name, Stay Put!!!!!

ok I give you the clothes, "strict rules" not sure what you are talking about here

not sure why smiling is a problem either..

What changed for the better?

Hmm... they never turn off the hot water in your apartment building here in the middle of the winter (unless you don't pay the bill)

you can make more the $160 a month here and buy more "ugly clothes" or whatever you want

Much less likely to encounter someone here who smells bad because they were conserving water or didn't own a washing machine (although it happens )

when you own your home here, YOU own it not the state and your mom, dad brothers and sisters too.

You will NEVER encounter a "stand up" Soviet style toilet or rough sandpaper like toilet paper again living here.

Oh there is no Lukashenko , or putin or any of those characters running things.

You don't have to bribe cops or government officials

Most Americans DON"T live with parents into their late twenties early thirties and rarely live with their parents after marriage

Oh and Disneyland and Las Vegas are here in the States

and someone will later chime in we have guns and pie

Finnaly a good post!! Thanks. But in Ukraine im living seperately from my parents since im 18 y o. And didnt really have problems with money. The information about hot water is really cool..lol Thanks again.

Wait till someone else expresses their concerns about your post.

I do believe your lost...this is the RUB forum, not the Africa forum.

Do NOT Come!!!! if you don't like the us why come? In marriages or relationship it's called compromise. i can't even imagine you coming here feeling the way you feel. Am sorry but it is ppl like you that give all countries a badd name, Stay Put!!!!!

Yes, do not come to the RUB forum. Now don't they have a Jamaica forum? Try posting there and leave off.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Give me a break, they can post where ever they would like to.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Im moving to US. I love my fiance but i dont like anything about the USA. Ugly clothes, strict rules, stupid smile on everyones face. Im perfectly good in my own city Kiev, Ukraine. I have everything i want here. My fiance says that if not for his well-paid job in US we would probably live in Ukraine. So id like to here stories from girls who moved from Ukraine/Russia/Belarus to US. What changed for better and what changed for worse. Really looking forward to hear some informative stories :)

I'm guessing you spent some time in the States and/or Canada...your English is only too good....same with your spelling. So I'm going to guess again and say this is the husband to be posting, and not the wife to be. Nice try. btw your topic is what we call "trolling".

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Give me a break, they can post where ever they would like to.

If they want to come to the RUB forum and flame a Ukrainian you can bet your limey ####### they are going to get more than what they gave. Seeing how they don't know jack ####### about Russians, Ukrainians, and Belarusians their flaming opinions aren't welcome.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.