marielac

how do you guys stay in contact with your significant other?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry in advance, this may not be where to post this but I don't know where else.

What cell phoneservice do you guys use to talk to your fiances? Mine is in honduras and I have sprint pcs and its expensive! They charge for incoming international LD and I don't know if I can keep paying it, its getting ridiculous! someone please help if you have a cheaper way. Thanks in advance!

Sorry again.

I use world phone card for 2 pennies a minute to China. Anytime anywhere from cell phone or at home I use it with the magic jack.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

that sounds great! do you have a landline or a cell phone? sprint unfortunately charges for incoming LD. which really bites. it is cheaper though since its not as expensive as outgoing LD but still pricey. i am hardly ever home because of classes and work, i hardly use a landline.

i am going to look into magic jack! he doesnt have internet but his cousin does.

other than that, MetroPCS does not charge for incoming LD and its only $50 a month! im thinking ill see how crappy the connection is and if so, its calling cards and skype for me!

thanks so much everyone!

Sprint, they're such criminals.. Especially since it doesn't cost em anything extra to connect an incomming LD call or a local call what a scam,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I do use my cell or my home phone I use Pingo. www.pingo.com it is a prepaid service but they do have local numbers they use when I make the call. On my fiance's phone it shows a local number for my incoming call. Hope this helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

for cell international service :

I use telna - they charge my home rates (3c per min to Europe / 12 c to Russia)

they are super helpful and great people based in Nevada.

cell phone calls a byass (US number) then the international number.

for my fiancee: we set up a yahoo account.

she can SMS me through yahoo when she is home or in her e mailbox at work

at no charge. we can sms all day for free if we wish.

for camera / voice we use yahoo, we can watch youtube and share pictures together.

its all free.

send me a private message if this helps and you need more info.

ps. the telna people can set up an overseas calling to your number

via their calling card system. it charges at your US rates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

The best I found for my situation was Rebtel on my wireless phone, calling the Rebtel local number that maps to her number in Moldova. It's 11 cents/minute, best I've found for that country. I use Skype also when we can coordinate to be at our computers. (10 hour time difference) The magic jack idea sounds great. I was considering using an Ooma hub in this same way. However, both Magic Jack and Ooma require Internet service in the foreign country location your fiance would be calling from.

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We use Telepinas 2-way unlimited calling for $100 a month. He can call me and I can call him anytime through our cellphones, UNLIMITED, every single day. So no matter where we go, we can always take our cellphone with us and can call. During weekends we use Skype to see each other on camera. We both are working so we only have weekends to see each other, or if I will take a day off from work.

what is telepina??

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The best I found for my situation was Rebtel on my wireless phone, calling the Rebtel local number that maps to her number in Moldova. It's 11 cents/minute, best I've found for that country. I use Skype also when we can coordinate to be at our computers. (10 hour time difference) The magic jack idea sounds great. I was considering using an Ooma hub in this same way. However, both Magic Jack and Ooma require Internet service in the foreign country location your fiance would be calling from.

You took the post out of my mouth ...fingers I mean. :thumbs:

what is telepina??

TelePinas provides the most affordable and convenient unlimited 2-way calls between the Philippines and Filipinos abroad. No internet connection required for calls. No equipment needed. No pins. I think it'll just work in US/Canada to the Philippines and the other way around.

Here's the link for more info http://www.telepinas.com/index.html

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I forgot to add we use magic jack too.. but I stopped using it once i learned about Gmail calls :) Its free and so convenient!

I have magic jack too at home but I never get the chance to use it...can you tell me how this Gmail works? I would like to use that to communicate with my mom when I get to the States :)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have magic jack too at home but I never get the chance to use it...can you tell me how this Gmail works? I would like to use that to communicate with my mom when I get to the States :)

Both ends have to have internet connection for that to work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.