maria67

need advice / dont trust my husband anymore

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi all

im so hapy i found this forum because can get maybe your opinion about my case!

Im US citizen and recently got married. My husband is from brasil but temporary live in australia.

We sent our I-130 / cr1 in august last year and waiting for it to be approved.

My hubby is nice person,every day is sending me messages about our love and saying how he can not live without me!

Recently,my australian friend who works with him told me he saw him talking on the phone with someone in US and it was not me.

I dont want to go into details now but found out that my hubby's ex.girlfriend lives in NY and he visited her last year,1 month before our wedding date.

He acctualy came to visit me here in US but i know he stayed in NY 3 more days, instead just changing the plane.

I talked to him recently about it, he admited his ex live in NY but hes saying they are just friends now and i should not worry.

There are also some other indications about him keeping in touch with his ex.

Now i am so worried, i love him,but im very suspicious now he want me to use just to get into US and then leave me.

I know that i have to submit affidavit of support soon and after he gets to US im responsabile for him. But what if he leave me after comming here and accuse me for something and then go to live with his ex?

Will i still be financally responsabile for him?

He is going back to brasil soon and he is asking me to send him statement from my friends saying our marriege is in bona fide. I asked him why he needs it he said he will need it to show at interview in US ambassy.

Im just worry that he wants it so once gets into US he can prove he entered into marriage in bona fide.

Maybe im just paranoid about all of this,i love him very much, but there are some strong indications (i have not listed them all here) that im not only person he loves.

any advice?

Edited by maria67

There's not really an easy way to deal with this. First and foremost, maybe you should try to have a good talk with your husband about your suspicions and concerns.

Once you sign and file an I-864, there is a contract between you and your husband for you to support him at 125% above the federal poverty level regardless if you get divorced.

I would perhaps seek the professional advice of a reputable attorney . I really do hope there is nothing funny going on with your husband, that would be awful, but I will agree it does sound suspicious if he's doing things behind your back. On the other hand, you might just be a little paranoid and everything could be fine.

I really wish you luck.

Edited by Paloma&Adam

USCIS California Service Center

10-NOV 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

16-NOV 2010 - NOA1 Received

22-NOV 2010 - Service Request for Expedite

10-DEC 2010 - Faxed medical proof to USCIS

17-DEC 2010 - I-130 Approved

27-DEC 2010 - NOA2 Received

National Visa Center

29-DEC 2010 - NVC case number assigned

01-JAN 2011 - Emailed expedite request to NVC

14-JAN 2011 - Expedite approved. Case forwarded to U.S. embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Medical Exam

U.S. Embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Packet 3 received

02-FEB 2011 - Sent DS-230 & DS-2001

18-FEB 2011 - Interview 8:30 AM - APPROVED

Port of Entry

14-MAR 2011 - POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sorry you are going through this...that being said...TRUST YOUR GUT!....I know you love him, but personally, I would not tolerate sneaking around....and yes, you can have a heart to heart with him...but he will only work hard to convince you there is nothing going on....him staying in NY right before your marriage??? Even if they are only friends, it is very fishy...my husband wouldn't spend time alone with another woman, only if friends, out of respect for me, and I feel the same way about hanging around with men. But only you know your relationship, but please, trust your gut on this one...

Best of luck to you :thumbs:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow that is a sticky situation. As far as supporting your husband, regardless if you do separate or divorce, you are financially responsible for him for 10 years.

Since he isn't here with you yet, I would definitely make sure you are 100% sure you want him here. What if you tell your husband that you want the phone number of the ex in NY so you can talk to her yourself? Of course you will be getting all kinds of "you don't trust me" from your husband. If it was me, I would make sure before I commit to bringing him to the US.

Good luck!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The fact that you asked for advice tells me you already know what to do, and are looking for confirmation. Tell him that you can't continue--you are making a ten-year commitment and it looks like he is making no commitment at all. Does he have money or assets--ask him to transfer ten year's of support to you now--you know the answer to that. Or if not ten years, five, but you get the idea. Ask him to put some financial skin into the mix--I know you would prefer emotional commitment, but that is just so many words at this point--make him ante up and then make you decision based on his reaction.

Edited by magical

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would have serious concerns. Not just the emotional, but the financial. A Cheat is a Cheat. I would give it more time. You can see the spider web but the spider is always hiding. Just a thought.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sorry you have to face this. Talking to him is a good idea. Get the other woman's phone number see what she says to you about the situation. If they're agreeing together not to let you in on their plans then you may never get the information you want from her. When you talk to this woman, Don't ask was he with you? Tell her this.. I know my husband was with you, then she will begin to talk. Trick her into telling you her side of the story. Good Luck in your investigating him.

event.png

event.png

I am so sorry men are bastards..anyways I would involve financial stuff into it...and I would talk to the ither women and trick her and make sure I am convinced...Its not abt bringing someone to US its abt u being used for someone else's happiness....If I were u i would take more time to be sure how much love is involved from other side..

Best of Luck deal it with patience...keep ur eyes and ears open at all times

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

If you are having doubts of his love,

Simply stop for a few months with the

Process. If he really loves you, he won't

Mind. In the mean time you should see his

Reaction, if he changes with you, if he

Still care and show interest. If you can

Make a trip in order to fix things and talk

About the situation face to face, would

Be great also. Talking by phone and chat

You know that is never the same to a face

To face serious talk. Also as they said

Before, ask him to help you paying the fees

Of the process. Calling the girl to ask her

What's going on between your hubby and her

I believe that has no sense. At least that

Is noy my style. If your are going to kick

someone's #### that your husband not her....

My humble opinion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

maybe he had it plan all along!!! MAYBE

both of them could be in on it,even if you get the ex number and have a talk with her,she might lie about it.

i agree with Magical

In the end its up to you

Be very careful

my husband co-worker wife left him a month after she arrive in Florida,she went to her ex-bf who lives in Boston.

it happens all the time,just be careful

Filed: Timeline

thank you for all your advices...

And yes,now i have serious financial concerns.

He does not have money,im paying everything,to make things worse i just bought a house with my money and i live in community state where everything is half/half.

He will not give me her phone number , i know him, and he will get mad if i ask.

im too far in this process now and i still love him, i wish i knew immigration rules before all of this, i tought for 2 years he has to be married and then remove his conditional status, but i see now he can do all kind of things,like say im bad to him and then even ask him to support him.

As i said maybe im paranoid about this after hearing all horor stories from friends and internet, but the fact that girl (his ex) exist and he didn told me about her is just no good.

I have a friend who was in very simmilar situation,his foreign spose left him after only 2 months and he is still in process of divorcing from him, after 2 years.

I would go really crazy if someone ruin my life like that.

But just out of curiosity, if person who was sponsored works, and make even more money then petitioner,he or she can still ask for support? And what if that person leave his wife/husband and lets say one day go to the hospital? bill can be sometimes very very costly...... Who pays that bill? Petitioner?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This isn't a question of divorce and support--it is simply that when you sign the I-864 you are committing to the US government that you WILL support him for ten years at 125% of the poverty level until he gives up his green card or leaves the country. That may mean nothing, but it also means that you are on the hook if it is required.

If you get divorced, the level of support relative to the divorce will be set by the terms of the divorce, but that has NOTHING to do with the fact that the I-864 commits you no matter what else happens.

Take it very, very seriously--you can potentially be in a financial mess--don't take the risk unless you are 100% convinced that he is committed to you emotionally and financially--you are making a major financial commitment to him that cannot be withdrawn even if you split up.

Just remember--married or not, he cannot come here if you do not follow through with all the required documents--you have ALL the power right now, so use it to your advantage. Once you file the additional papers and they are accepted, the power shifts to him. There is NO hurry to file the papers, so be very, very careful--you are making a very long term decision.

Edited by magical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I am so sorry men are bastards..
:wow:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I am so sorry men are bastards..

:wow: Really? And your husband, father, brother(s) are one of those MEN?

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry men are bastards..anyways I would involve financial stuff into it...and I would talk to the ither women and trick her and make sure I am convinced...Its not abt bringing someone to US its abt u being used for someone else's happiness....If I were u i would take more time to be sure how much love is involved from other side..

Best of Luck deal it with patience...keep ur eyes and ears open at all times

And were are yours from..? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.