James and Cynthia

Time for Some Happy Endings

70 posts in this topic

There's lots of happy stories...dont worry about the sad stuff x

USCIS

21.5.10 - NOA1

17.11.10 - NOA2 (there was a hold up due to incorrect information put on forms by our lawyer)

NVC

16.12.10 - All fees paid and everything received at NVC

05.1.11 - SIF and CC for my case only. Get RFE for my 2 sons as lawyer made ANOTHER mistake and made errors on I-864's for the children.

10.1.11 - Corrected I-864's received at NVC via Fedex

14.11.11 - Corrected paperwork entered on system according to AVR

17.1.11 - Medicals done

27.1.11 - My husband calls his senator's office and asks for help to get things moving.

31.1.11 - Finally got SIF for my sons!

01.2.11 - CC (Phoned DOS as NVC shut due to weather and they told me paperwork was completed at NVC on 1st Feb)

10.2.11 - Interview date assigned

15.3.11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

24.3.11 - POE - Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Awww of course there are happy endings. I got to USA end of October 2010 on my K1 visa, married my husband 2 weeks later, conceived our child on honeymoon and although its only been 2 1/2 months I couldnt be happier :D Its hard to adjust being away from family and friends and not being able to work until the AOS is finished is boring as....but I wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world :)

CareBare Congrats! Sounds like thing are really going well! Not to be a contrarian, but, believe your situation would be classified as a "beginning" versus an "ending". However, great to hear things are going well! From what I have read, usually the horror stories appear to begin quickly after the marriage.

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks everyone for their congrats - we are over the moon :D and I couldnt agree more - its a happy new beginning and worth every piece of blood, sweat, anxiety, stress and tears that got us through the paperwork and to this point!!

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's great hearing everyone's great beginnings, happy endings, and everything in between. My fiancee and I were reading the stories last night while skyping. We are hoping to post a year or two from now with the same happiness. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

Things could not be going better.

She's lifted the restraining order and I got to see our child once this week (supervised) without her boyfriend there. Kidding! We're about to have our second child.

Wew. You had me scared there for a moment. I'm glad things are going so well for you. Good luck with the addition to your family. I recently read some of your posts that Darnell posted some links too. Very helpful. You have a great way of puting things. Thanks.

To everyone else, thanks for the great stories. It's really nice to hear about the successes and it helps me trust that my fiancee and I will have a happy ending too. We've both enjoyed reading your stories.

One question that I originally asked, but didn't get a lot of answers too, was "Tell me the things you like about your USC or filipino spouse." Even though my fiancee is not here yet, here are the things I like best about her:

1. She's very caring, puting others above herself all the time. This makes me the same way, wanting to give her back the same caring in return.

2. She is hard working. Wow. I can't believe the hours she worked in Taiwan. Usually 16 hour days, 7 days a week, all to help support her family. From this, she was able to help two siblings get contracts for jobs too.

3. We think very much alike on so many things, sometimes saying the same thing at the same time.

4. She never critizes, even when I think she should about some things. I am learning from her on this.

5. When we have a disagreement, or are unhappy about something, she gets quiet instead of escalating the issue. This is so different than what I'm used to, and has taught me a lot. This allows us time to cool off without making a mountain out of a mole hill. We always call each other back within hours in order to talk about the problem and remind each other why we're so much in love.

She is truly the best thing that could ever happen to me.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubby and I will have been married 2 years on the 29th. He has been in the USA for about 13 months and we love each other very much still!!! I won't lie and tell you that there won't be adjustments...cause there will...and new things you learn about each other every day...but if your love is true..it will weather those things easily! I remember before we even had our interview I would read things on here that would scare me to death and plant seeds of doubt in my mind. It's hard not to let those things affect you. Truth is, loving someone is always a leap of faith that risks your heart being broken, but well worth it!!!

Betsy El Sum

Hello! :thumbs:

My hubby and I have been married for 1 year now, and we love each other so much, and now we are expecting our first babies together, this is a big blessing for us as a couple that is expecting triplets in my first pregnancy!! They are a God's blessing :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Irjas! sanrio80.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hello! :thumbs:

My hubby and I have been married for 1 year now, and we love each other so much, and now we are expecting our first babies together, this is a big blessing for us as a couple that is expecting triplets in my first pregnancy!! They are a God's blessing :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Triplets? WOW Big congrats!!! :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two threads asking the same good question - one started by Marjus' Girl and one by the OP of this thread - have been merged together so all of the answers are in one place. I've also moved the respective threads from the CR-1/IR-1 forum and the Philippines Regional Forum into the 'Moving Here and Your New Life in America' forum as the best location for the combined thread.

There are lots of 'good news' stories and it is nice to be able to read them. I'll add my own - we will be celebrating our 7th anniversary this year and we're still going strong.:)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Two threads asking the same good question - one started by Marjus' Girl and one by the OP of this thread - have been merged together so all of the answers are in one place. I've also moved the respective threads from the CR-1/IR-1 forum and the Philippines Regional Forum into the 'Moving Here and Your New Life in America' forum as the best location for the combined thread.

There are lots of 'good news' stories and it is nice to be able to read them. I'll add my own - we will be celebrating our 7th anniversary this year and we're still going strong.:)

Thanks Kathryn41. I was hoping someone would do that. Sorry everyone for starting it specifically about Philippines when there are so many good stories from everyone.

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Someone told me that My husband and I are in Perpetual Honeymoon :lol:. We just had our 3rd yr anniversary Last October and are so much in love with each other!

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

We first started talking 8 years ago, we met in person 5 years ago, got engaged 3 years ago, and we've been married for 16 months. We're removing conditions later this year.

We're so happy together, I can't imagine my life without him as he's been there since I was a teenager. I love so many things about him, but last night was thinking how great it was that we can spend all evening cuddling and not say a word to each other because we have that comfortable silence.

That isn't to say I don't want to smack him on the head sometimes - I do!! :)

We first started talking 8 years ago, we met in person 5 years ago, got engaged 3 years ago, and we've been married for 16 months. We're removing conditions later this year.

We're so happy together, I can't imagine my life without him as he's been there since I was a teenager. I love so many things about him, but last night was thinking how great it was that we can spend all evening cuddling and not say a word to each other because we have that comfortable silence.

That isn't to say I don't want to smack him on the head sometimes - I do!! :)

:lol:

Five years married.

It's just as real and normal and natural as any other good marriage. Except there's an accent involved. From both of our perspectives.......... :lol:

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

• 2 weeks later...

I give thanks for my wife, our son, our family in prayer on a daily basis, out loud with her at meal times, on the way to work, etc. Our baby boy just started saying "Dahdah, daddy, dah dah dah daddy".

We've been married for about 2 1/2 years now, and I couldn't ask for anything more. We just filed our ROC paperwork and can't wait to get over this step.

I know what a crappy marriage is like, and my current relationship with my husband is 180 degrees from that. We truly are partners, always there for each other. We're looking forward to moving in a year or 2, as we really hate it where we are.

OP, Portland is on our list. ;)

On the subject of accents, we have the same issue with people just shutting off their brains. I'm from the Northeast and I moved to Texas. People tune out when I talk. When my poor Germany husband talks (who is probably more fluent in English than most of the locals) they look at him like he might as well be speaking Swahili. It's rather frustrating, because they really can be rather rude about it.

Sorry for the OT rant. ;) Point is, it hasn't been all rainbows and unicorns, but I love him with all my heart! :luv:

24q38dy.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.