dunright

Severe financial loss........can i expedite?

26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Well we finally got our I-130 out and it has been accepted. I have been staying in Costa Rica with my wife and wanted to wait out the process and stay with her until visa time. The problem is that i was letting a family member rent my house while i have been here and they let the house go into default. No foreclosure proceedings yet, but i have to get back to the states to try to save it and get a job to do that as well. I was wondering if in anyone's experience and or opinion if i can file for some kind of hardship to get the process expedited. My wife and i both have job offers on the table. I have to go back to save the house. Once there it will be very difficult financially to do all i need to do in the U.S. to catch up the payments on the house plus keep her in an apartment in Costa Rica for the next 5-7 months. Would this situation be considered good enough reason to expedite our visa. I looked for past posts but didn't see anything that quite resembled this. Most dealt with humanitarian and severe health issues. I have letters from the bank's attorneys demanding payment as far as documentation goes and also letters for the job offers. Thanks for any advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Where did you read that severe financial loss is a basis for an expedite? I've never heard of this before. :unsure:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

* Severe financial loss to company or individual

* Extreme emergent situation

* Humanitarian situation

* Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

* Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

* USCIS error

* Compelling interest of USCIS

The situation you describe is not so much a severe financial loss as it is a severe inconvenience...and that's not a reason to expedite your petition approval. Also, an expedite will just speed up the approval of your petition, it will do nothing to speed up your NVC and interview process.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

I was testing the waters. If i could shorten the process on the USCIS end by 3-4 months that would help. Normal wait time is close to five months before going to NVC. I guess we will see. I will keep everyone posted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from K1 to CR-1/IR-1 forum as OP is talking about a I-130 filing *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i tried that one. got denied

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

You can definitely try, no guarantees though.

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You may be having some issues but how does that tie to needing to have her here to resolve those things ? If saying my house payments are late , lets expedite would work there would be a huge number of such requests.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Its not visajourney that the OP has to convince - its the USCIS. If they approve it.....nothing ventured.....

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

As far as USCIS would be concerned you were the one that let the house go into default as it is YOUR house (no matter who was renting it). I doubt that they could care less about this as it should have been your responsibility in the first place to make sure this was taken care of.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Timeline

The situation you describe is not so much a severe financial loss as it is a severe inconvenience...and that's not a reason to expedite your petition approval. Also, an expedite will just speed up the approval of your petition, it will do nothing to speed up your NVC and interview process.

IMO, losing a house to me would be a severe financial loss, especially if the DP was significant. I have read where a petition CAN be expedited throughout the entire process.... 100 percent of the shots you don't take, YOU MISS.... I concur with Rich & Jenny..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If your showing them you have job offers and your going to get a job or a few jobs and work to get the house back etc. I don't see them thinking financial loss..

If you cant find a job and you cant pay and they are forclosing on your house and your in big doo doo then yes thats huge financial loss.

You can always try to file but I don't think USCIS will see it as a severe financial loss since you have jobs to take back in the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.