kennym

Men! Did you know you can buy a bride?

158 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you guys know you can buy a bride..

Apparently Matt Laurer at MSNBC thinks so...

For these men, money bought brides, not sex

So, I suppose that buying a plane a ticket and paying immigration costs, is considered "buying" your bride.. So, if you meet someone on E-Harmony or Match.com it's ok, but meeting someone from Russia, Colombia, or any other country, means you own her...

I am gonna tell my wife I now own her.. I wonder what she'll say...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, there's some truth to it. How else to explain why so many middle-aged, weight challenged men are able to find these young, slender, model-looking wives? Money talks. It's no different from the wealthy men who get trophy wives here in the states, except that these guys looking for foreign brides aren't rich by U.S. standards. The do appear wealthy to a lot of these girls, especially ones coming from Developing countries.

Timeline

Actually, there's some truth to it. How else to explain why so many middle-aged, weight challenged men are able to find these young, slender, model-looking wives? Money talks. It's no different from the wealthy men who get trophy wives here in the states, except that these guys looking for foreign brides aren't rich by U.S. standards. The do appear wealthy to a lot of these girls, especially ones coming from Developing countries.

"Actually, there's some truth to it." Not sure I agree,

I guess all women look for security from a spouse.. I beleive that's kind of the mans role.. But, so do American Woman.. In fact it's much more important criteria for American Woman than Women from other countries... Not just security, more about "things"...

How else to explain why so many middle-aged, weight challenged men are able to find these young, slender, model-looking wives? You asked? Well I suppose gold diggers exists everywhere, especially in the USA.. My experiences with my relationships in the USA, is that money is much more a factor here than any place I've ever been, except maybe Canada or BK...

But I will say that the women I've met in my MANY MANY Travels all over the world don't necesarily consider money, weight, or age as much as they consider the person's character...

I've never had a lot of money.. I travel with my job and have a very normal lifestyle.. I met my now-wife, 4 years ago and she always new I didn't have much money or "things", (to her, I had much more than most people in her country).. But there are many hotter guys with more to offer than I did, that she could have had a relationship with, but we clicked better than the others..

Your comments are typical way Americans think, but spending a little time outside the USA, you'll find the mindset is way diferent in other countries.. In general, people are more genuine, and sincere. Looks and Money aren't the primary consideration in relationships..

Regardless of your opinion, how do you "Buy" a bride? "Buying" implies ownership..

Timeline

Regardless of your opinion, how do you "Buy" a bride? "Buying" implies ownership..

It's used more figuratively than literally. Just like a trophy wife doesn't mean she is literally a trophy her man keeps on his trophy shelf.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's used more figuratively than literally. Just like a trophy wife doesn't mean she is literally a trophy her man keeps on his trophy shelf.

So do I own my USC ex because of the alimony I pay? If so, how can I return her for my money back?

If I'm buying my fiancee by paying for her to come here, and having more than anyone in her family, then why is she so much cheaper than my ex? My ex didn't work, and still doesn't. I pay for her school too. It's funny, because if you ask my ex, she'll tell you that my fiancee's parents sold her to me. What a great deal I got.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

I understand, but there is a terrible stigma on these women that's due to ignorant thinking...

So do you really beleive that these women or men are interested only in money or immigration? Or do you beleive that it's possible that some can be genuine?

Edited by kennym

Timeline

I understand, but there is a terrible stigma on these women that's due to ignorant thinking...

So do you really beleive that these women or men are interested only in money or immigration? Or do you beleive that it's possible that some can be genuine?

I believe that people get married for various reasons and love isn't always the primary one, pragmatically speaking. In fact, the idea of love based marriages is fairly a new concept in the history of matrimony. Does that make these relationships any less bonafide? I don't think so.

Money or economic security are inseparable from most marriages, domestic or foreign. How much they influence the courtship comes down to each couple, but for a woman who is from a developing country, the U.S. is still largely seen as being paved in gold, and compared to many poorer countries, that is true.

If a middle-aged guy who doesn't have the kind of wealth to bag an American trophy wife, goes looking for her through an international dating site, what's the harm? If they are both mature adults and they both know why they have met, should it really matter if their marriage is based more on financial security than love? I don't see why it should.

Filed: Timeline

If a middle-aged guy who doesn't have the kind of wealth to bag an American trophy wife, goes looking for her through an international dating site, what's the harm? If they are both mature adults and they both know why they have met, should it really matter if their marriage is based more on financial security than love? I don't see why it should.

Agree completely. I like to rib the older guys on here for marrying their cute little honey babies but I honestly can't say I wouldn't' do the same if I was in their situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so what does a shakira cost? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Marriage is simply a sacred life-contract between two people. As long the terms of the marriage are agreeable to both parties and its sanctity is honored, no judgement should be passed against the parties to it.

The most physically stunning young woman can potentially have a heart as black as coal, and the oldest fattest pauper of a man may be the most kind and emotionally fulfilling soul. Outward appearance tells nothing of the person and far too few people that most of us have met in our own worlds seem to have realized that..

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Filed: Timeline

Forget about her, Charles. You'd have to be a successful multi-millionaire with your own private jet just to even talk to her.

You can find someone with her physical attributes but without the talent for a lot less though. Watching an a s s like that bob up and down on your lap might be worth the price of admission.

Timeline

You can find someone with her physical attributes but without the talent for a lot less though. Watching an a s s like that bob up and down on your lap might be worth the price of admission.

Cha-ching.

The most physically stunning young woman can potentially have a heart as black as coal, and the oldest fattest pauper of a man may be the most kind and emotionally fulfilling soul. Outward appearance tells nothing of the person and far too few people that most of us have met in our own worlds seem to have realized that..

anna%20nicole%20and%20old%20husband.jpg

Timeline

Money or economic security are inseparable from most marriages, domestic or foreign. How much they influence the courtship comes down to each couple, but for a woman who is from a developing country, the U.S. is still largely seen as being paved in gold, and compared to many poorer countries, that is true.

All good points and for the most part, I agree..

I know that the US is an exciting place to take advantage of opportunities that may not necessarily be availalable to them in thier home countries.. For us, comming to the US was a tough descission.. Maritza and I would have rather stayed in Colombia.. She or her family were not comfortable with news about crime and other problems here.. The stories they heard from CNN and other News, was scary.. It took me sometime to make her comfortable with moving here...

Back to the point,

What seems to get to me is the notion of "buying" a bride.. I simply don't see how that applies to foriegn woman or men, and not to americans.. It seems to me, material things and money are much more important in our culture than in other cultures.

I know for certain that beauty is a strong factor for us guys.. But it's not the only factor.. For the most part, I personally need to feel atracted to my wife, and I found that the women I dated that I felt atrracted to in the US required much more maintenance than women I've met in other countries.. (My Experience) However, in other countries, there is no doubt for a over wieght middle age man, can atract a woman several notches higher in the "looks" department than they could in the US.. And some of those are clearly good diggers, but there are plenty who aren't.. and a smart guy can find someone who they connect with on not only the attraction level but other levels as well.. It was important for me to feel that when I decided to get married again, that I was comfortable with my decision on all levels.. So, I must imagine that most other mature, sensible guys feel the same way..

There are certainly many stories of guys from all levels of physical atributes go to other countries to find a hot-super-model-trophy-wife and come back to the US feeling they're kings and beleiving they're hot new chick is thiers for life.. In many cases, if the only selection criteria is "Super-Hot", I agree with you on your assesment..

But, I know a dozen guys (at least) with wives from Colombia and some from Ukraine and there would be a consensus, from anyone who meets them, that the women are genuine, and relationships are genuine and based on more than physical atributes...

So, what I am saying is; "YES" you can meet a woman from other countries, thats much more atractive than you could do here in the US. And the basis for that relationship is not the greencard, and that they will be in the US with money and things pooring over them, It is based on a mutual relationship of attraction and love. The expectations from both parties are that they're loved and will work together to build a life...

So, It really seems ignorant that women that come here to be with a descent guy to build a life together, that they considered "purchased"...

Kenny

Edited by kennym