Macaroni

January 2011 filers

461 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

That's good news Seven that it won't cause a delay...sorry about the mistake. If it makes you feel better for 27 years a have been called X, and now USCIS decided to change my name and call me XY...they moved my middle name to make a two name first name.....so now my SSN is XY and everything else that follows will be XY.....I think my husband is more annoyed than me he says it makes me sound like Im from the south....

Hiii thank you for your words. That's what they've said that it will not cause a delay...I guess you will see some post in a month or two from me being all excited or upset. I'm hoping that it has a good resolution :).

And about your problem yeah, I understand how annoying is have written a bunch of times something in every form and then without a reason it's changed into something completely different which makes you think: and now...where it comes from?

But aaah all good...Let's keep with the long #### waiting that one day won't be a waiting no more

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

For those that can not see their EAD or AP online....I can see mine but nothing has been touched or updated and all that is mentioned is that they have been received back in Jan.

It's the same way for my husband's cases as well... We can see all cases online, his AOS, EAD and AP, but it has not been touched or updated since 01/22/2011. Last year, when we were waiting for the approval of the I-129F, it was the same way. I was checking almost everyday to see if the case was touched, and it never showed a touch since they received the petition, not even once before I received the email that the petition was approved. So I guess we're used to never seeing any of our cases being touched or updated online. :lol: Even though I'm still checking his cases everyday while I'm online anyways. :P

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just saw on the forum an AOS filer who sent in her forms 31 December was approved for Green Card production today, before her EAD or AP - only 18 days from date of biometrics......can we all hope to be so lucky? :D :D

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just saw on the forum an AOS filer who sent in her forms 31 December was approved for Green Card production today, before her EAD or AP - only 18 days from date of biometrics......can we all hope to be so lucky? :D :D

Apparently the member was approved without an interview. That would be really nice. I hope USCIS is too busy to do 100% interviews and can only do a small sample of interviews. 18 days is very good.

Naturalization N-400

Hello Guys, This is the first time I post on the forums. I just want you guys to know that I just got the email from USCIS. I think they have started working on January's filers paperwork now. Good luck everyone!

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On March 3, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Guys, This is the first time I post on the forums. I just want you guys to know that I just got the email from USCIS. I think they have started working on January's filers paperwork now. Good luck everyone!

On March 3, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Wow! Congratulations! This is great news for all of us, thank you for sharing. :dance:

Before Journey:

Met online in 2002 as friends. Fell in love in 2005. Got engaged in 2010.

K-1 Journey, January 2010-July 2010:

NOA1: January 29. RFE: April 21. NOA2: June 4. Interview: July 15. Visa in hand: July 20. POE: July 22.

July 24, 2010: Married in front of 150 of our loved ones on a beautiful, sunny day. Living happily ever after and oh so thankful that 5 years of a long distance relationship and 7 months of a visa process is condensed into one line.

Wedding pictures! Because I'm shameless. http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/AmeriDaneWedding/

Adjustment of Status Journey, January 2011-March 2011:

January 25: NOA1 for AOS and EAD. Feb 5: Bio appointment received. Feb 7: RFE. Feb 11: Sent RFE response. Feb 23: AOS transfered to CSC. Feb 25: Biometrics. March 11: EAD approved! March 19: Received EAD. March 21: AOS approved! March 25: GC in hand!

And we'll live happily ever after.. for the next 2 years, anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

That is awesome.

I have a small question. When do you guys start looking for a job? After Biometrics or after getting EAD in hand?

Please click on "Timeline" link on the left to view my timeline.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

After the EAD is in hand I would think as you're not legally allowed to work until you have it.

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have causally started to look but where it asks a start date etc I always say approx beg. to mid April or explain situation in cover letter depending on teh job etc. but the market is so ####### that it doesn't matter anyways as I haven't really got much of a response....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi mailbox Are you here in the USA on an H-1B visa. Don't you need to be sponsored by a company? I guess you are in the process of adjusting from H-1B to LPR? Is that correct.

Thanks and congratulations.

Good luck all.

The last touch we had was January 14th :(

Yea, I know. My last touch was January 26th.

Naturalization N-400

Hi mailbox Are you here in the USA on an H-1B visa. Don't you need to be sponsored by a company? I guess you are in the process of adjusting from H-1B to LPR? Is that correct.

Thanks and congratulations.

Good luck all.

Yea, I know. My last touch was January 26th.

Thanks.

Yes, you are correct. I have H-1B right now, and I have a job. The advantage of having the EAD is that now I can switch job if I want.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.