Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have a question. Is it true that I can do my medical exam even with just my NOA2? Or do I need a interview schedule too?

Thank you.

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have a question. Is it true that I can do my medical exam even with just my NOA2? Or do I need a interview schedule too?

Thank you.

Read this (then email your Embassy to make sure!) : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/282035-can-i-have-my-medical-while-my-papers-are-still-in-nvc-for-completion/

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Hi everyone! I just got back from my little getaway on the beach. I had fun. So relaxing! However, still no NOA2 :(

Were there a lot of people approved when I was gone? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Here's to hoping and waiting. This forum has such a positive feeling around it. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

4483547394_e021bd59ef.jpg

I just could not resist!

Happy Easter Decemberites!!

Mari & Kadir

So cute! My 5 year granddaughter sang along to "I Want Candy" and all the other songs in HOP!

It will be a very nice memory whenever I hear this song!

Happy Easter!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Whew.. I'm so tired today! Went with some co-workers for a weekend in Vegas and it was fun although we are all old and were in bed before midnight! I remember the days I would stay out from sunset to sunrise!

I just also want to pass the news that Sonoko just got out of her interview and her visa is APPROVED! It was funny talking to her about it cause she said she checked in, they verified all the paperwork was in order and then she had to wait. She was then called into another room where she was sworn in and asked a few questions and according to her the interviewer said, "You're approved!" She's responds "What?? That was the interview?!?" Well, very easy for her and I think she was so nervous that she didn't realize what was going on.

Looking at May 18th for the flight over... It's real now!!!

Congrats Bec on your NOA2 and the couple of VSCers... CONGRATS!!! The NOA2s are rolling in... and what's this business with the other people complaining about us? Mari, the link you sent me did not work, but it sounds very entertaining. I'm glad to see we must have a lot of power within the service centers! LOL

Happy Easter everyone!

Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

When I read Dan's post, I went back to the I-129F's instructions. It says if we do not have our US Birth Certificate (or other 2 acceptables)... in place of, we can send all pages of valid and current US Passport. Did we even had to include our passports? I sent both. Heck, I did exactly like you Shawn, lol... and only 2 pgs of mine have stamps too. Guess I need to travel more...:whistle:

3. What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?

A. If you were born in the United States, give USCIS a copy, front and back, of your birth certificate.

1. Your original Certificate of Citizenship, or

2. Your Form FS-240 (Report of Birth Abroad of a United States Citizen).

D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS a copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport

@ Dan: good luck and happy to see you ... was wondering where you've been! Keep us posted.

I saw that and pondered about whether to send just my birth certificate. I decided to to both because my birth cert had seen better days and with both proofs of evidence, I figured there couldn't be any questions asked. It worked, and something I've learned while working for the govt is that you cannot go overboard with the details!

I'd like to hear about some of the RFEs, what they were and how easy it was to comply with them!

Good Luck!!!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Whew.. I'm so tired today! Went with some co-workers for a weekend in Vegas and it was fun although we are all old and were in bed before midnight! I remember the days I would stay out from sunset to sunrise!

I just also want to pass the news that Sonoko just got out of her interview and her visa is APPROVED! It was funny talking to her about it cause she said she checked in, they verified all the paperwork was in order and then she had to wait. She was then called into another room where she was sworn in and asked a few questions and according to her the interviewer said, "You're approved!" She's responds "What?? That was the interview?!?" Well, very easy for her and I think she was so nervous that she didn't realize what was going on.

Looking at May 18th for the flight over... It's real now!!!

Congrats Bec on your NOA2 and the couple of VSCers... CONGRATS!!! The NOA2s are rolling in... and what's this business with the other people complaining about us? Mari, the link you sent me did not work, but it sounds very entertaining. I'm glad to see we must have a lot of power within the service centers! LOL

Happy Easter everyone!

Shawn

omedetou gozaimasu!

おめでとうございます!

congratulations.gif

Shawn & Sonoko I'm very happy for you two! You never mentioned you had an interview date, Shawn! lol!! Very Excited and yes, this is very real... So, when's the wedding date now that you really can plan?

With Love, Mari & K

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Updated 04.25.2011

VSC:

312y2dt.png

CSC:

2yjzv2c.png

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

ahhhhhHHHH!!! Not good to look at igor's list, whenever i see a december approval i go mental! suddenly it doesnt feel like it's far away, and of course i do hope that none of us in here will be one of the applicants that gets left behind! I do hope i get mine soon though, STICK A FORK IN ME BECAUSE IM READY!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

hmmmm.... I just decided to login to the uscis site to check my case. I haven't done this since I registered on the site, apparently i got fondled on the 1st of January.. ???

I don't like this at all!

B-BB has the same NoA 1 and same fondled... I feel so used !! and not in a good way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Shawn, congratulations to you and Sonoko!! It looks like you guys will be our first 'success story'! That's wonderful news :)

I am leaving this afternoon to head to Atlanta to wait out the rest of the time for my NOA2 with my sweetie :)

event.png

hmmmm.... I just decided to login to the uscis site to check my case. I haven't done this since I registered on the site, apparently i got fondled on the 1st of January.. ???

I don't like this at all!

B-BB has the same NoA 1 and same fondled... I feel so used !! and not in a good way!

LOL!! I feel your pain. We'll get there soon!!! lol too funny.

It would be really nice to know all of the VSC fondle dates!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

CONGRATULATIONS NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated 4.13.2011

VSC:

fdsfg5.png

CSC:

9j37s3.png

Edited by Lena and Igor

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.