Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So after crying at my desk I decided to call NVC just in case. I got exactly the same thing you did. automated system = not as awesome as a live person, apparently. Our case was logged 2 days ago!!

DiZZyLoX,

Congratulations on getting your case logged 2 days ago at NVC!! :)

ROC

2014-05-17 (Sat) Card Received! Text and email: "The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on May 17, 2014"

2014-05-15 (Thurs) Received "USPS picked up mail from USCIS" text and email

2014-05-15 (Thurs) Received "card mailed" text and email

2014-05-14 (Wed) Received "card production" text and email

2014-05-12 (Mon) Received approval letter

2014-05-08 (Thurs) Date of Decision - Approved!

2013-11-29 (Fri) Early Biometrics done on Black Friday

2013-11-18 (Mon) Received Biometrics Appointment letter for 12/04/13

2013-11-09 (Sat) NOA1 Hardcopy

2013-11-08 (Fri) Check cashed

2013-11-06 (Wed) NOA1 Receipt Date

2013-11-04 (Mon) Mailed ROC Package

AOS

2012-02-11 (Sat) Green Card arrived!!

2012-02-09 (Thurs) Received Permanent Resident Welcome Letter

2012-02-07 (Tues) 12:45am I-485 Card Production (ordered production)

2012-02-06 (Mon) 6:45pm I-485 Decision (registered PR status)

2012-02-06 (Mon) 3:00pm I-485 Card Production (ordered production)

2011-12-08 (Thurs) Received EAD/AP combo card

2011-11-30 (Wed) Email/text: I-131(AP) approved. I-765(EAD) card production.

2011-10-25 (Tues) Completed biometrics

2011-10-21 (Fri) I-485 case transferred

2011-10-10 (Tues) Two NOA's: I-485 and I-765 payment receipts. Notice date 10/03/11

2011-10-08 (Sat) Biometrics Appointment letter for 10/25/11

2011-10-04 (Tues) Check cashed.

2011-10-03 (Mon) NOA's for I-485, I-131, and I-765

2011-09-30 (Fri) USCIS web status shows receipt for I-485, I-131, and I-765

2011-09-29 (Thurs) USPS delivery confirmation

2011-09-27 (Tues) Mailed AOS package

k-1

2011-07-25 (Mon) Visa in hand!!

2011-07-19 (Tue) Interview at 7:30am - Approved!!

2011-07-18 (Mon) Document in-take at 12:30pm

2011-05-19 (Thu) NOA2 (160 days from NOA1)

2010-12-15 (Wed) NOA1 hard copy received

2010-12-09 (Thu) I-129F package arrived USCIS PO Box in Dallas

2010-12-07 (Tue) Mailed I-129F package

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

DiZZyLoX,

Congratulations on getting your case logged 2 days ago at NVC!! :)

I called NVC on 05/23 exactly after a week of our NOA2..Spoke with the live person..she was a very nice lady and said our case has been logged in the system...she gave embassy case #...now just waiting for them to send it to consulate..finger xsd...

so as I am preparing for the K1 pkt for my fiancee...do I need to send the originals of the cerficiates too ???...( like citizenship certificate or divorce decree )...I am confused as some post I was surfing says that some IO ask to see the orginial as well and some says you need to send only certified copies..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can someone here give me the NVC number?? I need to start bugging them about my case. I just got my NOA2 on may 17th and hopefully they got it already. Thank you!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

OK.. Mari asked and to everyone else, Sonoko has made it to the USA and is settling down (She says HELLO!)

Mari... I hope K gets out of there soon, but if he is waiting for a flight out, being a third country national he will be low on the priority list for a seat. But you have been patient and that will pay off!

So far things are going well and time to start more wedding planning!! Oh, and the AOS... I'll admit I haven't even looked at that yet. blah!

-Shawn

Yeah!!! Congratulations on POE and WELCOME SONOKO!!!!!! Very much hope to meet you and Shawn sometime in San Francisco when (and IF) Kadir ever gets here!

thank GOD THEY HAVE OUR CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so scared, you guys!! Just got our case number for the embassy!

Yeah!!!! Another very good news today on our Thread!!!

so as I am preparing for the K1 pkt for my fiancee...do I need to send the originals of the cerficiates too ???...( like citizenship certificate or divorce decree )...I am confused as some post I was surfing says that some IO ask to see the orginial as well and some says you need to send only certified copies..

This Packet 3 : they want to know about the Beneficiary's information. If you look through New Dehli Consulate site (or maybe ask Bec), that will tell you exactly what you will need. Who's originals were you speaking of? The USC's or the Bene's?? They want to see the Bene's originals as per their list of items given you on DOS official letter or site. If you don't have them, your bene can add them when you send her /him the file.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Manilatoseattle, sorry to hear about the sputum test, I suspect Jenie Bee will need one as well. You have a very good attitude!!

Mari, happy to hear that today is a better day for you! Hay since I have your attention, why do I keep reading about packets? Packet this, Packet that??!! Do I need to be making some sort of packet?? :blink:

Just kidding!!!

Rex

Thank you Rex! When is Jenie bee will do her medical exam?

I will her all the best! Good luck to all of us! Cheers :)

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Can someone here give me the NVC number?? I need to start bugging them about my case. I just got my NOA2 on may 17th and hopefully they got it already. Thank you!

1 603 334 0700

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I called the NVC on the 18th, they said they had not recieved my case. They said to call again on Friday the 20th. I delayed until Monday (thinking of government time), as it turned out my case was received, processed, and mailed out to Honduras all on the 20th :) Unfortunately they were not able to provide me with the DHL tracking number some people said they have received.

Please forgive me if these have been answered but I have been looking and cannot find anything distinctive. Suffuring some pre-interview nerves

1. Does anyone know if the petitioner birth certificate must be the long form also, like the beneficiary? The one I submitted with my app was only my info, not my parents.

2. Do I also need the same police background, or is that only for the beneficiary?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Honduras

I-129F Sent : 2010-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-17

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-05-06

Your I-129f was approved in 140 days from your NOA1 date

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Timeline

This Packet 3 : they want to know about the Beneficiary's information. If you look through New Dehli Consulate site (or maybe ask Bec), that will tell you exactly what you will need. Who's originals were you speaking of? The USC's or the Bene's?? They want to see the Bene's originals as per their list of items given you on DOS official letter or site. If you don't have them, your bene can add them when you send her /him the file.

Mari

I was speaking about the USC's originals....I did ck the Mumbai Consulate site but it doesn't give much info...oh wellI guess I will just send all the originals as well..just in case she needs them...

1-603-334-0700 dial 1 for english then dial 2 and stay on line...the live person will come and verify few info with u b4 answering your questns...good luck...

Timeline

I called the NVC on the 18th, they said they had not recieved my case. They said to call again on Friday the 20th. I delayed until Monday (thinking of government time), as it turned out my case was received, processed, and mailed out to Honduras all on the 20th :) Unfortunately they were not able to provide me with the DHL tracking number some people said they have received.

Please forgive me if these have been answered but I have been looking and cannot find anything distinctive. Suffuring some pre-interview nerves

1. Does anyone know if the petitioner birth certificate must be the long form also, like the beneficiary? The one I submitted with my app was only my info, not my parents.

2. Do I also need the same police background, or is that only for the beneficiary?

1. Does anyone know if the petitioner birth certificate must be the long form also, like the beneficiary? YES - If you are a US citizen by birth or else they would need a copy of your naturalization certificate.

You don't need to go through polic background...NVC does the background check for US citizen before sending it over to the beneficiary's consulate country..only the beneficialry would need the Police celreance certificate...hope this helps...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hold up here....

Where on the Packet 3 (NOA2) info does it read the USC must submit birth certificate, divorce / death certificate??? We already did, or were suppose to do that in the original K1 I-129F Petition. The Embassy will have those originals from that file already; hence, why are files go from NVC to Embassy.... they already have our records by the time our Bene goes to Interview.

You can call the NVC or DOS Main Line in Wash DC, but they told me they already had all my info and the info they're inquiring about is for the Beneficiary (if they were divorced prior, or they are widowed .... they want to make sure THEY are free to marry. ** The original petition already made sure WE the USC's, were free to marry since the USC's (us) were responsible for giving them all records of such).

I'm not sure where you're reading this or if this was something from your specific Embassy? Please inform us with reference.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the support, Dizzy! I'm glad your case got to where it needed to go all safe and sound. Hopefully VSC will get to my RFE soon and I can move on too.

Edited by Piefre

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey December Filers!

I know I hardly post on here but just wanted to let you all know that Tara has her interview date...June 22 at 10 am at the Vancouver consulate! All your prayers and thoughts would be appreciated! We're getting so close!

Hope you're all doing well in your journeys! God bless you all!!

Matt

Matt&Tara

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

1 603 334 0700

Thank you very much! ur a sweetheart!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

Hold up here....

Where on the Packet 3 (NOA2) info does it read the USC must submit birth certificate, divorce / death certificate??? We already did, or were suppose to do that in the original K1 I-129F Petition. The Embassy will have those originals from that file already; hence, why are files go from NVC to Embassy.... they already have our records by the time our Bene goes to Interview.

You can call the NVC or DOS Main Line in Wash DC, but they told me they already had all my info and the info they're inquiring about is for the Beneficiary (if they were divorced prior, or they are widowed .... they want to make sure THEY are free to marry. ** The original petition already made sure WE the USC's, were free to marry since the USC's (us) were responsible for giving them all records of such).

I'm not sure where you're reading this or if this was something from your specific Embassy? Please inform us with reference.

Mari

It doesn't...I was talking from my personal visa interview experience from some 15 years back when the CO asked me to submit all of the originals certificates of the petitioners..I know many such naturalized US Citizen friend of mine who went through the same experience...they do that to avoid the fraud cases...but again it differs from country to country...I think its better to be safe than sorry...even I was little confused about sending the originals of my certificates...but now I am planning on to send it anyway to my fiancée along with the K1 packet... and I might have miscommunicated above..I should have elaborated more when I said USC needs to submit the originals..I meant to say send it to the beneficiary...just in case CO asks for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.