Lucy NY

Lost all faith - July VSC

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Waooooo it eaven helped me !!! eaven thought my fiancee does not have computer or home phone I have been spending over 50 dollars a week just on calling cards to be close to him. these are rought times it will be over soon !

Just a recommendation, it might be worth sending him a Magic Jack. I have friends with family in DR, they use it with great success.

I haven't used it personally but I can sympathize with the phone bill.

Edited by Brownie07

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here are a couple of things for you to think about.

When you get your NOA2, it will be that much sweeter. Also, things will move very quickly for you and there will be a lot of work to do after it pops. I'm also hoping that the consulates will have a decreased workload once the log jam breaks and things will move faster.

Next, you will have your whole life together (hopefully). While it sucks, just remember the end goal. If anything it puts you through a trial period that will hopefully strengthen your relationship.

Finally, how do you think people in the military feel when they have to deploy? My mom had to raise two kids while my dad spent two years in Vietnam. I'm not trying to say that our situation isn't bad and that we should all suck it up. However, it could be worse. Look at the good side. You have Skype. Your fiance is (hopefully) not getting shot at. You have something to be excited about. Can you imagine doing this before the internets? Just think of your fiance as a present you can't open yet.

Just hang in there and try to keep a positive frame of mind (I know it is hard).

Your words are very inspiring to me. Hope others will be inspired as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am frustrated myself. I am a July filer and my 5 month mark is up in a week, I hope I get something in the next few days.

It is really frustrating as why they take this long, if they are short of staff why not hire more people and speed things up.

God only knows when our NOA2 will arrive, let's just pray and keep our fingers crossed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm sorry that yours went past the 5 month mark :( I know we sent ours off right around the same time. I will say I wasn't prepared for packet 3 when it came, and am upset with myself about it. I could have had everything ready and my love could have had an interview appointment by now. Maybe if you havn't already it will lift your spirits and help keep your mind off if you get packet 3 prepared, and possibly make up some time lost. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

:angry: I have officially lost all faith - 5 month mark today and no NOA2. I can see a few more people are still waiting. We called and they toldus to call back after christmas as they didnt know when they would approve it.

Is anyone else feeling this utter feeling of uselessness and anger?? 5 shitty months to look at a petition and they cant even do that..... :blink:

Hi,

We are July filler too and on December21 we will have our 5 months but seems it is delay there.I see some August fillers getting their NOA2, just do not be down and keep faith they maybe even testing our relationship who knows we need show them that we are really love each other and we will be faith and go till the end I want my love with me forever so even this delay no matter I am sure it will come better later than never :dance: So keep faith we all will get soon. :thumbs: Just start prepare for interview papers like pictures,emails,chat logs,phone calls etc and you will no think about NOA2 it is what i am doing now so i keep myself at least busy heee but of course I am impatient too.Good Luck dears.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Dont lose faith just yet. I was feeling like this early last week since our 5 month mark was on Dec 8th. On Dec 1st I prepared a letter to my congressman and signed the privacy form they required. They put in a request for status update and USCIS said it would take 2 weeks to complete. I truely believed it would come in those two weeks and sure enough we got approved on Dec 14th.

Let me say that when you get that email with the word "approved" you instantly forget all the pain you've gone through. Since receiving the good news we have been re-energized to keep going now that we know whats next.

Don't lose faith and just stay focused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Dont lose faith just yet. I was feeling like this early last week since our 5 month mark was on Dec 8th. On Dec 1st I prepared a letter to my congressman and signed the privacy form they required. They put in a request for status update and USCIS said it would take 2 weeks to complete. I truely believed it would come in those two weeks and sure enough we got approved on Dec 14th.

Let me say that when you get that email with the word "approved" you instantly forget all the pain you've gone through. Since receiving the good news we have been re-energized to keep going now that we know whats next.

Don't lose faith and just stay focused.

Could you maybe pass some of that belief my way. My 5 month was up on the 8th too (vermont) Ive done the same as you and had nothing!

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We must all keep the faith. The key to this is to prepare for the final interview, more documentation of on going relationship, more telephone bills, more MSN or Yahoo chat logs etc. Have the medical info ready to go at a moments notice : vaccination records, you know he drill.

as for telephone service, I have always spent alot of money internationally for my business so I would recommend TELNA. they keep great records, have international (home) from your cell phone, great international rates. And you can call to the US form most overseas countries using a toll free type number - my Russian cell calls cost between 9c and 12c a minute from my cell phone. pretty unbeatable and no calling card 50c connection fees or other mess. http://www.telna.com

I like you, am very tired and so very disappointed but we are so close to overcoming and gaining approval. Yes the HOLYdays will delay a few things but the rewards will be immeasurable. Concentrate on the future and planning your new home, alot of adjustments for all of us. Your fiancée will need all the help and support you can give.

Sasha and I have agreed to meet in Moscow and then go to the orphanage that she has helped over the years. I can think of no greater thing than to serve other less fortunate people (orphans) in this time of year. It will be a crashing reminder of how blessed we truly are and how a few more weeks maybe a month will see the approval for our new lives. I think of those precious youngsters over there - when we asked what we could bring for the holidays: toothbrushes and toothpaste. (that really hit home). Needless to say we are taking beanie hats (it is 5 deg F) gloves and scarves, toothbrushes and toothpaste. Local churches have funded the extra baggage fees and I have paid for the gifts. The director of the place will have a special gift from us for allowing to come see those Blessed creations that have no parents.

I think this Christmas may have been 'about our NOA2s' but we (especially me) all need to be thankful for what we do have an incredible future laying ahead of us.

more timelines for those who wish to see (unapproved):

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?visa=1&form=1&scenter=2&option=2&sortby=2

God Bless all of you, and may God speed the USCIS into our cases.

Merry Christmas and Happy HOLYdays to one and all.

Paul (and eagerly awaiting in the cold Sasha)

Just a recommendation, it might be worth sending him a Magic Jack. I have friends with family in DR, they use it with great success.

I haven't used it personally but I can sympathize with the phone bill.

Thank you so much for your advise

My fiancee does not own a computer & he is not a computer person. He leaves in the countryside very humble family

I know it sounds odd but I will teach him once he gets here.

04/29/06 - Meet in Dom. Rep.

05/01/06 - Our first date

10/30/06 - Living together

08/03/07 - Back to USA

12/01/07 - Back to DR (one Week)

02/01/08 - Back DR ( one week )

04/29/09 - Back to DR ( 3 days )

02/27/10 - Back to DR ( 16 days )

07/15/10 - 129F sent to USCIS

07/23/10 - NOA1

10/06/10 - Touched

01/13/11 - Service Request Form

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Heya im just gonna add in something...

Seriously dont lose hope me and my fiancee have just had the wind taken out of our sails. We weren't expecting our NOA2 before christmas anyway as we got our NOA1 back in September but we were hoping it to be around the christmas period originally but when the stalls started happening we knew it was a nono or at least i realised that.

However both me and my fiancee were going to meet in christmas and my fiancee flew over about a week ago from the USA only to be denied entry at the UK border (for very pathetic reasons of which we are going to be going to the highest ways to dispute) we only had 3 days together in what should have been a 6 week holiday but im thankfull that we got to spend that time together without her being in a "lockdown facility". My family have been ripped apart by the decision and we feel ashamed that she has been treated this way but you know what after everything that has happened im still happy because its going to be so sweeeeeeet getting that NOA2 when it arrives it will really make our year even if it is in 2011! :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

unfortunately the five months thing is a merely a goal,nothing more.sometimes they fail to meet it,sometimes they dont.

its stupid really.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

July 29th NOA1 sent, 149 days since filing and nothing, nada, nil. Nothing I can do about it except wait and work on the Consular package for my Fiancee's eventual Interview I had my company type up a letter about my work status for the I-134 affidavit, but will have to have them type a new one as the one I had done was dated the end of August and thinking I would have the approval sometime in September or October as based on the Approval time line at VSC. It is the government that is doing this so taken into account for that. The government rarely does something on time, or in a timely manner, Their employees recently received notices that they would not get any pay raises...welcome to the real world...haven't received a raise in 4 years not that it matters to them, but maybe because of that the mentality would be work slower...to expect them to be efficient is an oxymoron...by the nature of what they are. So basically I don't expect to hear from them till after the holidays. I apologize for venting but it felt good...to vent...lol, To those that are waiting relax and have a nice holiday, call your Fiance/Fiancee remember that you are in love with them..and make them happy. This process is about our loved ones and our final goal to be together.

Edited by JohnC811

Waooooo it eaven helped me !!! eaven thought my fiancee does not have computer or home phone I have been spending over 50 dollars a week just on calling cards to be close to him. these are rought times it will be over soon !

Why don't you just get Vonage?

They just reduced their calling rates on "cell phones" to 8cents for the Dominican Rep.

http://www.vonage.com/international_per-minute_rates/#D

Its about $14.99/month for the first 3 months. Then $24.99/month afterwards. Its cheaper than $50/month.

http://www.vonage.com/?refer_id=WEBHO0706010001W1&lid=main_nav_home

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm surprised no one has recommended using Skype to call a landline. I use it all the time to call the US from Australia. Calls to the DR are 10 cents/min for land lines.

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/payg-rates/?currency=USD#viewAllRates

10 Feb 2012 - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox (arrived 14 Feb 2012)
21 Feb 2012 - All NOAs received, address changed for all forms via USCIS online form
28 Feb 2012 - Biometrics done (walk-in because they scheduled us for the Chicago office)
26 Mar 2012 - Notice received for AOS interview
24 Apr 2012 - Interview date
01 May 2012 - Approved

07 Apr 2014 - I-751 receipt & 1 yr extension received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.