Lucy NY

Lost all faith - July VSC

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Dont lose faith just yet. I was feeling like this early last week since our 5 month mark was on Dec 8th. On Dec 1st I prepared a letter to my congressman and signed the privacy form they required. They put in a request for status update and USCIS said it would take 2 weeks to complete. I truely believed it would come in those two weeks and sure enough we got approved on Dec 14th.

Let me say that when you get that email with the word "approved" you instantly forget all the pain you've gone through. Since receiving the good news we have been re-energized to keep going now that we know whats next.

Don't lose faith and just stay focused.

Wow! a VSC NOA2 approved!! that's rare. That's the first I've heard since about a month ago. Please remember to update your timeline.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations!!! Yes, please update your timeline, to give us all some hope. Good luck with the rest of the process.

09-20-10 NOA1

04-06-11 NOA2

04-12-11 Received in NVC

04-14-11 Left NVC

04-25-11 I emailed the embassy

04-27-11 Embassy responded with interview date (06-23-11)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sasha and I have agreed to meet in Moscow

Ouch, I wish I could go to Moscow for Christmas too to be with my loved one. Didn't work out though, so we're meeting in Egypt in mid-January instead...at some point I was hoping that we'll receive NOA2 before that, and that I'll have to cancel the trip. I'm glad I didn't - now it seems like we will not be through with this process until late spring or summer.

Good luck to you - hope you'll get your NOA2 for Christmas (or at least for the Orthodox christmas on Jan. 7th).

09-20-10 NOA1

04-06-11 NOA2

04-12-11 Received in NVC

04-14-11 Left NVC

04-25-11 I emailed the embassy

04-27-11 Embassy responded with interview date (06-23-11)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.