one...two...tree

Sorry, Hamas, I'm Wearing Blue Jeans

121 posts in this topic

Keep trying to tell me what to do. It's probably better than sex for you, . . . if you get any at all.

Are you coming on to me ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

And so we again find our thread hopelessly off track...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used to ask, if God knew what we were going to do before we did it, why punish us for it? To this day, that remains unanswered, and I've spent my life studying God.

Thanks for your open mind. It's a breath of fresh air here. I posted a partial history of Muslim bashing on this board and sent you a link. You'll see why I don't feel they deserve an answer. Dan and Judy is new to me, but Why_Ne is here for one thing only, to spread hate and division. His posting history makes that clear.

[/quote]

Until a couple of days ago I would have been considered part of that "untapped audience"

What I saw when I came here was a holy warrior cutting and slashing in all directions

A few scholarly nuggets dropped from her pocket while she was fighting

and she is good at fighting.

But she was so busy swinging her sword

when james reached out a hand in friendship it got cut off.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

snapback.pngjames&olya, on 17 December 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

You know, Sofiyya, between your posts and the inflammatory (Quran or Bible?) quote you have at the bottom of your panels, it surprises me that the responses you get are as gentle as they are. Just sayin'... I think we could all try to find the common ground and learn more tolerance regardless of our backgrounds.

Frankly, you should look up the meaning of the word "tolerance". It aint pretty. Barebones toleration is plentiful here; respect isn't. Ya know, I long got over the idea that there would be much empathy for my "minority" perspective as the only Muslim who regularly posts here, considering the bait material that constantly appears and the fact that some of the non-Muslims who respond have made it abundantly clear that they no interest in learning because they already know more about Muslims and Islam from reading blogs and articlesthan any Muslim does, and it's all bad. Since you're attacking me, I dont expect you to be any different.

As for my siggy, it refers to a recurring theme here. It's interesting that you don't know where it's from.

If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend, which is as your own soul–entice you secretly, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods," which you have not known–not you, nor your fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, near to you, or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; You shall not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall you spare, neither shall you conceal him: But you must surely kill him; your hand must be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And you must stone him with stones, that he die; because he has sought to thrust you away from the LORD your God. 13:6-10 0

• add.png

As an observer I felt that you were enjoying the fight because you were good at it.

Since Im not religious it would be hard to hurt my feelings with remarks about one religion or the other.

and since I dont feel that Muslim= terrorist.

I dont feel like I have a dog in this fight.

This post that Im replying to suggests that you are tired of the fight, tired of

suffering the slings and arrows.

tired of the war.

Ive made a point of not studying to much god or religion, but I know the peace has to be within you.

I guess one of your books tells you its not right to feel angry at other people, but denying that the anger is there wont make it go away.

You are as angry as can be and it's a righteous anger. Anger dosnt make you weak, but it can cloud your judgement.

denying your anger will turn you into a pretzel.

You dont have to admit it to us but you do need to admit it to yourself.

go ahead and feel your anger

and then step back and ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish here.

If you are trying to portray Muslims as reasonable rational people you can't be cutting and slicing all the time.

You can occasionally slap down the worst offenders but mostly your posts should be matter of fact and and not condescending.

Condescending such as " Bingo! I applaud you for getting my point so quickly."

Cutting and slicing and being condescending is fun, but I think I hear you saying your not here for fun.

let me give an example of what I am suggesting.

Muslim women wearing jeans is not uncommon nor particularly newsworthy, even in Gaza. I have family in that area.

Good God, people. Silly commentary is what happens when all you know about other countries is what you read on blogs and glean from articles. You would think that folks who married foreigners would know that.

the part in red was matter of fact and informative, the part in green is you taking a swipe and being condenscending which is perfectly fine if you are here for a scrap or to vent or to "play the game"

Inspite of what other people may be posting, Your image is primarily controled by what you post.

What image do you want to project? Righteous warrior? Wounded Minority? Knowledgeable Authority?

at the moment you are projecting all three

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am multiple-faceted, not one dimensional. Get used to it.

Opps there goes another hand, complete with olive branch

I was merely pointing out that it is within your power to change the dynamic yourself.

instead of whining

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=*"

POPULAR

I report TOS violations on the P&R board regularly, since the atmosphere of antagonism and hatefulness there is so thick, you can cut it like a knife. I hear nothing back, and not a damn thing is done to create any balance or make people who constantly insult and mock others think twice. I'm attacked personally and my character disparaged pretty much every day for being Muslim, and that seems to be ok because, if I defend myself, I'll get suspended.

I started a thread asking if there was a religion of peace and Kathryn told me I was baiting, the thread was shut down and I was told not to post anymore religious threads. Bait threads re religion are common, especially anti-Islam threads, but nothing is done to those who intend to stir up division. It's so bad, that I'm pretty much the only Muslim that will post there anymore because the atmosphere is so poisonous, yet NOTHING IS DONE TO MITIGATE IT despite all the reporting. It's not about censorship, it's about applying the rules as evenly as possible and when needed, and it's needed a lot there.

I expect fools among the posters, but the mods are not doing their job, so I'm lead to believe that they are racists who like P&R the way it is. It's certainly the worst moderated board on the site.

My opinion, it's demonstrable, and I'm entitled to it.

This post has been edited by Sofiyya: Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Perhaps you'll have to get used to having your whining ignored.

Well I was kinda hoping for a group hug

but I guess I'll have to settle for the knowledge that a highschool drop out whupped the holywarrior/historian/scholar in her own back yard so thouroughly that she dropped her sword, in fear of answering a question and ran home crying .

I retrive the bloody hand so visciiously severed when extended to the vanquished foe.

The tears run down my face, not from pain but from sorrow

Sorrow that my mission of peace has so utterly failed

Harmony and understanding lie crushed and broken on the barren desert of this thread

"Can't we all just get along" Rodney King 92

"All men are brothers" Kirk 4040.7

"Like the sands through the hourglass, such are the days of our lives" Prentice 65

Chivalry demands I give you the last word

No longer will I rise to defend myself on this thread

I depart with head held high

sweat dripping down my manly breast

loincloth slightly soiled

helmet clutched in my remaining hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

[/quote[/color]]

Until a couple of days ago I would have been considered part of that "untapped audience"

What I saw when I came here was a holy warrior cutting and slashing in all directions

A few scholarly nuggets dropped from her pocket while she was fighting

and she is good at fighting.

But she was so busy swinging her sword

when james reached out a hand in friendship it got cut off.

My hands are just fine, thank you. I think that being on this thread demands having a thick skin. I harbor no hard feelings towards Sofiyya, on the contrary, I appreciate her style! Neither of us completely understood each other initially but unless you are looking to feel victimized and aggrieved none of that really matters. I think some are here with no reason than to try and score points with others that share their prejudice and ignorance. For the rest of us this kind of forum can be very educational and even lead to some real cross-cultural understanding. I would hope that most of us are in the latter rather than the former category. Maybe I am overly optimistic!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Pages 4 & 5 of that thread for sure. Your not even good at this. You avoid blunt obvious questions, and then you cry about what you don't like on here...yet you feel compelled to post anyways. Give it up.

Don't forget resorting to character assassination. For some odd reason she's allowed to post some pretty libelous stuff.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Recently you accused me of :

1.) Having an affair with another member.

and

2.) Doing drugs,

Neither is true, FYI.

You defended her for attacking me and supporting Muslim bashers. Such irrationality sounds a lot like love to me, so I merely suggested that you act on it. And you even laughed when I wondered out loud why stoners are attracted to my threads. Are you complaining now that I wasn't funny? Sorry, no refunds. The show has moved on.

I notice that your girlfriend hasn't been posting here much ever since the bigots turned on her after lauding her for being a Muslim who hates Muslims. At least she caught on fast and realized that she'd picked the wrong bunch to support.

Edited by Sofiyya