gennaro

I want to find my dad please help me

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi evrybody guys, i'm a Italian guy, i'm 21 and i went 2 times in the usa for find my dad, now i'll tell you my story.

My mom is Italian too and she met my dad 21 years ago in Italy, and after theyr love i was born :)

I don't have the surname of my dad, but i have the surname of my mom.

I never met my dad in my life and I want to see him, i went 2 time for 3 months evry time because i can't stey there more time for the visa.

I'm american too because my dad is American from Texas but i don't know where he live, every time i have a bit of money i go to the usa, but i can't find him.

My question is can i ask a special visa for find him? in 3 months i can't do anything and i don't have so much money for go every 2 mounth in usa.

I'm sorry for my bad english.

I wish you can help me.

Please i want to know my dad please =(

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

unfortunately they are not that considerate in cases like this.it would be a lot easier to find him if you knew his surname,so i suggest focus on that for now,so youll have actually some lead the next time you go to the states.

Hi thank you for reply, i have his surname, but i haven't the seem surname of him, mine is like my mom.

I think is not right don't allow me to stay more time there, because is very difficoult to find a person, i wenr in san antonio, spi, austin, houston, but is very difficoult, i think i'm american too and i want to meat my dad, my i need of a special visa for do this, because in 3 mounths i can't do anyting...

Till i'll find he i know i'm not a real american for the usa, but i just want to know my dad...

What do you think? i can't stay there for more then 3 mounths? :(

You can apply for a B-2 tourist visa which will let you visit for 6 months. RIght now, you are using the Visa Waiver Program, which is nice and free to Italians, but only gives you 3 months. By the way, there are plenty of people search engines on the internet... american based. I bet if you put in his name it will give his address... try peoplefinder.com. Don't pay though, at least not yet (some will say they have more information if you pay them, but you should be able to get a simple address because they use the phone book). Good luck.

And I think the OP is saying that he knows his fathers surname (last name) but he does not share the same surname as his father; rather he has his mother's surname.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you tried getting a private investigator to look for him? Sometimes they can be expencive but they might be able to find him if you know your dads full name and a general location of where he lives.

You could also try using GOOGLE search if you havent tried that, searching his name on there and see if anything comes up. Another good one is facebook, I found some long lost cousins on facebook who live in England.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HOPE you have success soooon

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Thanks to all for the reply, i'm very happy i found people want to help and undestand me =)

I have not lucky with my dad's name because he have a name like i think 1000 people, i mean are 1000 people with the seem name.

I tried with facebook, with google, my proplem is i haven't a pic of him =( so is very dificolt to find him...

I can't get a private investigator because i have just the money for go there in usa and try to find.

How to apply a B-2 tourist visa? 6 months is good :)

But this visa is for normal people or for bisness man people?

RICARDO4EVA2 thank you!

I'm sad because i want to meat he, and when i go to the usa every time i leave my mom alone...

My story is very strange, very sad and very dificolt...

I hope santa claus can help me hehe

Thanks guys you are fantastic people!

A B-2 visa is for normal people to enjoy tourism in the US. This is how most people in the world visit the US. Most European countries, on the other hand, have a special Visa Waiver Agreement, which means that their citizens can visit the US for 3 months periods without applying for anything, but just getting on a plane. You can apply for a B-2 visa because you want to visit for more than 3 months. Contact your US embassy and apply there. It does cost money though. Also, try peoplefinder or something like that. You can narrow down your search by state, so you can search for all John Does in Texas, or whatever. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Thanks guys!

I have to call to my embessy for have more informations, but i'm not sure about a thing, can i have a job with B-2? i think i haven't enogh money for live there, and i think i need a job, can i?

Thanks you Krikit i'll send a messato to the website i hope they can help me.

I hope i can have dad like all people :) i'll do anything i can.

Thanks all :D

You cannot work in the US on your B-2 visa. It's just like your Visa Waiver Program except you can stay for 6 months instead of 3.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

You should be forewarned that people that come from countries with the Visa Waiver Program generally have a harder time getting a B2 visa simply because they have the ability to go for 90 days--other countries don't allow the VWP, hence the B2.

You will have to show the embassy proof that you intend to return to Italy and not stay in the United States. Examples would be a job letter from your boss saying you'll come back on such and such date, a lease from a house or apartment, utility bills, etc etc.

Best of luck in finding your dad!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Let's just sum up:

You have a limited command of English

You have limited information on your father.

You have limited resources.

You have made two 90 day trips on the VWP and found nothing.

You now want to come over for 6 months but do not have the resources to fund your trip.

I am sort of wondering what you have been doing on your previous visits and what you intend doing for 6 months. Apart from working.

If you are serious about tracking down your Father, forget the trips, save up your money and hire a private investigator. My guess is that they could track him down in a couple of days if not sooner.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If you are serious about tracking down your Father, forget the trips, save up your money and hire a private investigator. My guess is that they could track him down in a couple of days if not sooner.

:thumbs:

Citizenship next step!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

best of luck finding your dad

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.