Bad_Daddy

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

235 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So you would approach a black person under the assumption (unconscious or otherwise) that they are likely to be involved in criminal activity?

Of course not. Even if it's 7 times higher, it's still a very small percentage.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I see... She avoids the topic by asking why other posters are demanding comments from her and other muslims about any and every human rights violation from the third world and whether this thread and threads like it are being used to subject Muslim VJers to ridicule and prejudice.

Haven't you just proved her point?

Edited by Ron Burgundy

I see... She avoids the topic by asking why other posters are demanding comments from her and other muslims about any and every human rights violation from the third world and whether this thread and threads like it are being used to subject Muslim VJers to ridicule and prejudice.

Show me where I, or anyone requested her input. Like your comments suggest you read much into what was never said. Perhaps that is just your prejudices showing themselves. I responded to her whining the mods won't silence her critics and other silly posts but she is free to respond or not. She can state she is for or against the subject of the OP or not. Her choice. But given her submissions in this thread she has proven nothing and made no points.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Bingo! But, I've known that all along.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think what I'm saying is rather less ridiculous than what you just said.

It's to the extreme yes, but that's the point.

The media can spin ideas any way they want, so long as they have some people who back it up and then that becomes "the way things are" eventhough it's a simple illusion.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You have also stated earlier in the thread that posters here support death for blasphemy.

It's to the extreme yes, but that's the point.

The media can spin ideas any way they want, so long as they have some people who back it up and then that becomes "the way things are" eventhough it's a simple illusion.

I could take you seriously if you didn't always turn to ridiculous hyperbole.

And I commend you for saying so. Read back through this thread though and you will find yourself to be the first and only Muslim to say it. Personally I doubt most Muslims support or agree with either the law in general or its application in this specific case.

I can't imagine that you are genuinely wondering why there isn't more muslim participation in threads like this.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

the article itself, while not exactly a bastion of subjective, non-sensationalist journalism, mentions several muslims putting their lives in very real danger by trying to help this woman, speaking out against what's being done to her, and actively trying to get her pardoned. when it comes to putting their money where their mouths are, these pakistani muslims are a whole lot braver than the internet commandos posting shite in this thread. but the "muslimness" of the wretched pos bastards that want to hurt this woman are somehow, magically, much more muslim-ey than the muslimness of the people putting their lives and personal safety on the line to seek justice and freedom for her. that's very interesting, indeed.

Exactly. :thumbs:

Oh I see, when you've clearly been schooled, you refuse to answer questions directed back at you and then make outlandish statements that are in an entirely different stratosphere than what everyone is asserting. Great approach, bravo.

Schooled ? I answered your question and then some.

What's sickening and revolting is how some people on this thread blame the media for being biased, blame the OP for posting the article, yet they don't come out and say how barbaric, backwards, and disgusting it is for a mother of five to have spent 18 months in jail and then sentenced to death by a court for blasphemy.

Don't blame the media and/or OP for writing/posting this article, blame the Muslim nut cases for totally ### raping this woman for religious blasphemy. Any poster making excuses and/or blaming the media or OP for what's happening to this woman should be sent to Pakistan to live out the rest of their heartless lives IMO.

I find some posters on here showing total disregard for what's happening to this woman.

And yes the Muslim posters on this thread have further proven my point in regards to certain religions.

And btw when a human being gets sentenced to death for blasphemy it's NEWS.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I'm going to ask straight up, what is the point of posting repeated negative threads about Islam and Muslims if not to mock Islam, display prejudices, and to demand that Muslims here apologize, grovel and capitulate to your assumptions?

Did anyone hold a gun to your head and force you to post on this thread ? Are the posters on this forum only supposed to post threads that are PC in your eyes ?

Freedom of speech...get used to it.

When a human being gets sentenced to death for blasphemy it's NEWS.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Schooled ? I answered your question and then some.

No, you didn't. And you answered Soffiya's similar question with more questions. And you had the nerve to keep on insisting that we give you a simple yes or no answer to a misleading question.

Again, WHAT IS YOUR AGENDA, SIR?

ETA: And schooled, yes. Maybe you missed Shal's post, you know the poster who actually has knowledge about Christians in Pakistan.

Edited by Jenn!

Simple. Your previous post.

The apparent lack of Muslim posters commenting on the article is "curious", as if the absence of comments implies something sinister.

Not an exact reading of my comment however there is a history to the topic of the OP and nothing from Sofyaa in any thread regarding how she feels about it. If she is silent, and she has been, I asked if we might conclude she is in support of both the law and it's application in this specific instance. Her comments are all over the map but studiously avoid the actual substance. I demand nothing from her. But she did state in another thread Pakistan isn't even really a Muslim country, so how anyone can gather anything remotely resembling a valid point on this subject from her helter skelter posts is beyond me.

Any other instance that you haven't misread you care to touch upon?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS