Bad_Daddy

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

235 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

She makes me remember the early Christians and how they were persecuted so severely and eventually became martyrs themselves. Their lives enriched our own when we reflect on them and even makes us realize how fortunate we are in our own lives. All I can do is say a prayer and hope her suffering and especially those of her family can be alleviated to any extent at all. God bless her.

...and God bless you too my brother....

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Timeline

God has already blessed us brother. I know that you have also said a prayer for this woman and her family too.

Amen Brother

(...and there was a sudden feeling of prayerful calm in the thread....)

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Timeline

Calm always come before a storm.good.gif

Just gives me another reason to pray and that is a good thing.

I agree.

Funny how this thread came to a dead stop when us kooky believes chimed in...:lol::whistle: We kilted it! :lol:

:innocent:

Edited by BishopM

Timeline

I agree.

Funny how this thread came to a dead stop when us kooky believes chimed in...:lol::whistle: We kilted it! :lol:

:innocent:

They are just contemplating pray and that is good. Even thinking of her and feeling sorrow or being mad is good but also I do know that some Muslims also pray for her. It is hard to understand Gods way but that is why martyrdom is there for this woman. It saddens me for her family and their sorrow the most. Even when this woman is by the side of Christ she will still be sorrowful for her family left behind.

Timeline

They are just contemplating pray and that is good. Even thinking of her and feeling sorrow or being mad is good but also I do know that some Muslims also pray for her. It is hard to understand Gods way but that is why martyrdom is there for this woman. It saddens me for her family and their sorrow the most. Even when this woman is by the side of Christ she will still be sorrowful for her family left behind.

You may be right, I'm more than often wrong, but I don't think she'll be mourning anything or anyone when she is in the glory of Heaven...until that time we should pray for her and her family and for her tormentors.

Timeline

You may be right, I'm more than often wrong, but I don't think she'll be mourning anything or anyone when she is in the glory of Heaven...until that time we should pray for her and her family and for her tormentors.

I hope you are right and she is comforted fully but I tend to worry about the ones left behind always until I can come back and hold them again. You are right and her tormentors know not what they do and should be prayed for also. It is hard for me to do so but will make a special effort to remember to do so. They probably need it most of all.good.gif

I hope you are right and she is comforted fully but I tend to worry about the ones left behind always until I can come back and hold them again. You are right and her tormentors know not what they do and should be prayed for also. It is hard for me to do so but will make a special effort to remember to do so. They probably need it most of all.good.gif

I know if it was my ####### about to get killed by a bunch of Muslim fanatics I wouldn't be thinking so much of martyrdom as to how I could bomb them into submission and escape with my life in the mean time.

You would be amazed how a few F-16's can help people see the errors of their ways.

I would much rather be alive than a dead martyr.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I know if it was my ####### about to get killed by a bunch of Muslim fanatics I wouldn't be thinking so much of martyrdom as to how I could bomb them into submission and escape with my life in the mean time.

You would be amazed how a few F-16's can help people see the errors of their ways.

Life is valuable. In this you are correct. I think that LuckyTxn and I are talking on a differnt plane...we tend to exchange thoughts in the ehter...less polluted and unfortunately less crowded there. No excuses...we're lovers :innocent::lol:

Peace - VJBji

Timeline

No one thinks of martyrdom when they are going to die. That is left to us that are left behind. This poor woman I am sure is thinking of everything but Martyrdom. I am also sure that she is not thinking of bombing anyone.

No F-16's have ever made anyone see the errors of their ways. If these people even think they are making an error then they would be dooming themselves in this life.

Everyone wishes they could live than die. It is in our nature.

Timeline

Everyone wishes they could live than die. It is in our nature.

This is so very true +1!

I don't know if any of you have read the Hindu Bible the Bhagavad-Gita, but its entire essence is based upon the battlefied. Its a wonderful story about human nature, the nature of God, the worthiness and responsibilities of the living and the requirements of 'battle' on so many levels. If there is a beauty in life (I hope all of us can agree that there is a beauty in life) then the entire purpose of life can simply be to have a beautiful death, which for some great souls has been martyrdom.

For me personally, I am weak. I hope to never have to be that brave. I'm scared to simply come into this forum sometimes much less anything IRL! :bonk: Yet, through the power or prayer I believe that God sustains...and I pray that this is what this woman believed as well.

Blessings -MahaVJBji

Timeline

This is so very true +1!

I don't know if any of you have read the Hindu Bible the Bhagavad-Gita, but its entire essence is based upon the battlefied. Its a wonderful story about human nature, the nature of God, the worthiness and responsibilities of the living and the requirements of 'battle' on so many levels. If there is a beauty in life (I hope all of us can agree that there is a beauty in life) then the entire purpose of life can simply be to have a beautiful death, which for some great souls has been martyrdom.

For me personally, I am weak. I hope to never have to be that brave. I'm scared to simply come into this forum sometimes much less anything IRL! :bonk: Yet, through the power or prayer I believe that God sustains...and I pray that this is what this woman believed as well.

Blessings -MahaVJBji

Been many years and a life ago since I have perused that and thanks for jarring my memory. A beautiful death can be different to others. An act that may cause one to be martyred is a harsh beauty but a beauty nonetheless.good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I don't think you should pray for this 1 single woman. What about the millions of starving people in the world? I mean hundreds of millions. Or the 1,345,000,000 (billion) people that live on less than $1.25/day.

925 million people are hungry in 2010. Or 13.6 percent of the estimated world population of 6.8 billion.

Children are the most visible victims of undernutrition. Children who are poorly nourished suffer up to 160 days of illness each year. Poor nutrition plays a role in at least half of the 10.9 million child deaths each year--five million deaths.

http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world%20hunger%20facts%202002.htm

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I don't think you should pray for this 1 single woman. What about the millions of starving people in the world? I mean hundreds of millions. Or the 1,345,000,000 (billion) people that live on less than $1.25/day.

925 million people are hungry in 2010. Or 13.6 percent of the estimated world population of 6.8 billion.

Children are the most visible victims of undernutrition. Children who are poorly nourished suffer up to 160 days of illness each year. Poor nutrition plays a role in at least half of the 10.9 million child deaths each year--five million deaths.

http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/world%20hunger%20facts%202002.htm

Start a "hunger thread".

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."