Amby

what are you making for thanksgiving this year?

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i live in houston .... how best to serve illegals? :unsure:

Go down to the Home Depot with some cold cuts?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If anyone needs help stuffing their turkey, let me know.

Perhaps you'd like to stuff this :devil:

5098611416_403dba20aa_o.gif

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Dear god, I can't look away from that monstrosity. :blink:

On the subject of Turkey Day, I got off with ZERO cooking responsibilities. I'm told I'm to just show up and stuff my ol' pie hole. Yay!

(Testament to my ####### cooking skills, I suppose.)

Have a great feast, everybody!

Timeline
TTT9n.jpg

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So thanksgiving has been and gone.

I made: 17lb turkey (rosemary seasoning) with cornbread stuffing, brown gravy, greenbean casserole, roasted sweet potato&carrots&onions (with rosemary).

I made the turkey because Tony's work gave it to us for free (all the employees got one).. and now I can officially say "I made a turkey for thanksgiving" (though it was a couple of days late 'cause tony worked for thanksgiving).

I didn't like it. I mean it's "okay". It tasted fine in terms of nice and tender, well seasoned etc (and the friends that came over loved it), I just prefer chicken to turkey any day. So after about a 2 second discussion, Tony and I decided that we did our duty, we had our first turkey as a married couple, and from now on it will be chicken instead. Any other "free turkeys" will be given to a good home (or thrown out).

...Tony was asking me if I was done picking the meat of the bones etc so he could put the leftovers in the fridge. I said "ummm I don't really like the underside anyway.. I prefer breast meat". That's when he told me that while it was good, he just doesn't like turkey enough to waste time picking over the bones and eating leftover for the next week. So we have leftover breast meat, friends ate the drumsticks, and the rest of the carcass is being tossed out.

So thanks US for the Thanksgiving tradition, but **shudder**.. I did not enjoy the after-taste of turkey.. blegh.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

You could always freeze what you don't eat, or make soup out of the carcass. Think of that poor bird. It gave it's life for you, and went through living hell to end up on your table. :crying::crying:

Cos you know I just had to post this.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

I didn't like it. I mean it's "okay". It tasted fine in terms of nice and tender, well seasoned etc (and the friends that came over loved it), I just prefer chicken to turkey any day.

Yeah, turkey is not the most flavorful of meats, and given the PITA factor of preparing it (esp. the recently popular brining technique), is probably something I would choose not to cook if I were ever in charge of meal prep for Thanksgiving.

It's all about the side dishes for me: stuffing, stuffing, and more stuffing; and cranberries cooked from fresh; and buckets of gravy. :star:

(Just had my second Thanksgiving feast last night, and have one more to go with another friend, and then T-Day will be OVER. And if I don't see another slice of turkey for a year, I'll be just fine thankyouverymuch!)

Filed: Timeline

my great uncle brought over a deep fried turkey and the breast meat was sooooo dry I couldn't even eat it with a bucket of gravy on it.

my roast turkey turned out great. I inject the turkey to give it more flavor and I also put butter/herbs under the skin.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Roasted a turkey Thanksgiving day and it went fast. SO got a turkey from work so I roasted Friday evening. I picked all the meat off bones Saturday. Today is Monday. Is it too late to freeze today? What is the best way? :help: