Amby

what are you making for thanksgiving this year?

74 posts in this topic

Reservations.

I may take my wife to a restaurant on the weekend after - she is scheduled to work on Turkey Day.

We just got invited by my best friend & girlfriend.

My wife knows them.

His kids will be there but it's too much to hope to see mine :(

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was also considering a pumpkin cheesecake with either a cranberry compote or a candied pecan type topping or putting pecans in the crust.

Hmmm...that sounds really good, never heard of that before! :thumbs:

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Since this is our first Thanksgiving as a family, we will be attempting turkey breast since it's just the two of us. Stuffing -- I hate it, Mr. Sachinky loves it. Mashed potatoes. Cranberry sauce--I love it, Mr. Sachinky hates it. Pumpkin pie -- I am not a fan, Mr. Sachinky will probably eat the entire thing. Pecan pie, 'cause I just love those things. Mr. Sachinky will not touch it. And wine, of course.

If our attempt remains unsuccessful, then we will go to the restaurant down the block for a Thanksgivings buffet, all for a very reasonable price of $9.99.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Turkey

Mashed potatoes

Giblet gravy (first time I will cook this; I will use the pan drippings and chop up the giblets after they cook in the pan with the turkey. I welcome suggestions)

Green bean casserole

Sweet potato casserole

Corn casserole

Rolls

Pumpkin pie

I'm the only one who really likes dressing so I'm not bothering with it this year. My daughjter called and requested I make a corn casserole. I'm tring to keep the menu to a minimum but I guess I'll accomodate her. She volunteered to bake the pie from scratch.

turkey, stuffing (sausage and chestnuts in it, which I love because it is what I grew up with .... hubby is not a huge fan, which means more for me!), cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, green beans, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin and apple pies

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

turkey - I'm brining the turkey this year. I've never done it before but I've heard good things. Has anyone here brined before?

dressing - regular old homemade dressing with nothing unusual added. Celery, onions, bread, broth, seasonings and butter.

sweet potatoes

mashed potatoes

green bean casserole

cranberry sauce - both canned jelled and fresh cranberry sauce with nuts and mandarin oranges

rolls - the kids LOVE the garlic butter Pillsbury crescent rolls

pumpkin pie, cheesecake and pumpkin roll

Thanksgiving is carb overload and I love it!

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well, not last year but a few years back.. I used Alton Brown's recipe.. I think I posted the link to the recipe earlier in the thread... you notice the difference more in the leftovers, they are more moist and flavourful

I did use the aromatics though and I plan on doing that again this year

here it is ... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe/index.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i live in houston .... how best to serve illegals? :unsure:

With a shovel from Lowes ??

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg