ricel jake

is it ok to call the congressman even if k1 is not over 5mos?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there! can anyone tell me if is it possible for me to call the congressman to ask about how our petition goin?

any input is highly appreciated.. thanks

August 25, 2010 I-129F was sent to Lewisville, TX

August 27, 2010 received date

August 30, 2010 NOA1

September 1, 2010 NOA1 hardcopy

September 8, 2010 'touched'

February 2, 2011 RFE =(

February 7, 2011 RFE hardcopy received and sent back to CSC

February 10, 2011 USCIS received our response to RFE

February 15, 2011 I129F APPROVED!! Thank You Lord God...

February 22, 2011 NOA2 hardcopy received..

NVC just received our case

February 23, 2011 Got new case number from NVC via email..

March 2 and 3, 2011 Medical at St. Lukes (PASSED!)

March 7, 2011 US consulate received our case.

MArch 15, 2011 CFO guidance and counseling seminar (got the green cert)

March 17, 2011 USEM letter received via Email..

April 5, 2011 Interview.. VISA APPROVED!

April 13, 2011 Visa in hand..

April 15,2011 POE: LAX

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

it is possible,but it doesnt guarantee a result from the service center.i suggest you contact your service center if anything

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hello there! can anyone tell me if is it possible for me to call the congressman to ask about how our petition goin?

any input is highly appreciated.. thanks

Sure, they'll tell you, "We have no idea, but we can call the USCIS for you."

Then they will get back in contact with you and tell you that they told them, "We're working on it. Call us in 60 days."

Get the hint? Stop already and just be patient.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Nothing ventured nothing gained! My congressman called and I was the first august filer to get approved! No idea whether that played a role, and no saying what results it will bring for you, but go for it if you'd like :) good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nothing ventured nothing gained! My congressman called and I was the first august filer to get approved! No idea whether that played a role, and no saying what results it will bring for you, but go for it if you'd like :) good luck!

What do you say to the congressman or their representative? Do you ask for status or update? We have been thinking about calling our congressman. Thanks.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't know if this is true or not since my lawyer has given me a few untruths already, but when i asked him about calling the congressman, he said it COULD go well if he has a lot of pull, but that consequently, it COULD just get pulled, looked at, and then they decide nothing is wrong and is going as it should, and then be put back in line except farther back than it was by a few weeks.

so just in case they actually know what they are talking about, i'm going to just sit and wait my turn like everyone else and not try to line jump (which is kind of rude if you think about it anyways).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I don't think that it's fair to assume that people just line jump to be rude because they don't want to wait their turn. Having said that, some of us have genuine reasons to inquire about our case status that may or may not warrant an expedite on our own. I understand that some people feel bitter about that because yeah, the wait is brutal for everyone, but if you want a status update or there is an issue you need resolved, the congressman is a good person to turn to. Good luck to everyone! Once you get the NOA2 the process flies! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I emailed my Congressman and Senator. Whether it will help or not I can`t be assured. You have every right to contact them. This may be the only time in your life that you will need to ask them for some assistance. This is part of their job to help you in dealing with Government agencies. Here is part of the reply I received recently from my Congressman office

"I will make sure to check again this afternoon to see where your case is and let you know. I will keep checking at 3 week intervals which is what our office can do.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to communicate with me if you have questions or need additional information."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You can call your congresman for anything you want anytime you want. he will not be able to do anything until after 5 months, at least. Even if he calls USCIS there answer will be "the petition is within normal processing timeframes, call back after 5 months"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't know if this is true or not since my lawyer has given me a few untruths already, but when i asked him about calling the congressman, he said it COULD go well if he has a lot of pull, but that consequently, it COULD just get pulled, looked at, and then they decide nothing is wrong and is going as it should, and then be put back in line except farther back than it was by a few weeks.

so just in case they actually know what they are talking about, i'm going to just sit and wait my turn like everyone else and not try to line jump (which is kind of rude if you think about it anyways).

Your lawyer lied to you again. It is necessary for them to do this or you would never pay them money. if you go to your congressman at this point here is what CAN happen

1. He is knowledgeable and says "You are within the 5 month processing for a K-1 and there is nothing they will do at this point, call me again when it has been more than 5 months"

2. He is a newbie at this and decides he will call. He will speak to the congressional liason and they will look your case up using their computer terminal and case number. They will say "It is within the processing times, call us back after 5 months" They will not "pull" anything, they will not touch anything, they will not look at your file it will not lose its place in line and it will make no difference whatsoever.

I suggest, instead, you get copies of your fiancee's educational transcripts, diplomas, etc. Have then translated (if necessary) get them evaluated (google "ECE") and find out what she will need to further her education here (if she wants to) Look around for volunteer jobs she may be interested in for when she arrives to keep her busy until she can work (if that is a goal) in other words...do ANYTHING except sit around a computer screen awaiting breathlessly for the next "update" that really tells you nothing. When your petition is approved you will get a letter in your mailbox.

As an example...my wife (then fiancee) had her SS number 36 hours after arriving, started a master's degree program 5 days after arrival (2 days were a weekend) with a 50% private grant at a private university, her 13 year old son started 8th grade 2 days after arrival, the bathroom was remodeled, the house was all cleaned, primed and ready to paint colors of her choice, etc., etc. NONE of that happened by mistake. None of that was accomplished by checking with USCIS.

Your future is going to begin very soon and you need to get ready for it. She is dependeing on you and checking USCIS websites and calling congressman does nothing for anyone.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello annie.. did your congressman told u also that you were still within 5mos process? or did you expidite your case? thanks for the response

August 25, 2010 I-129F was sent to Lewisville, TX

August 27, 2010 received date

August 30, 2010 NOA1

September 1, 2010 NOA1 hardcopy

September 8, 2010 'touched'

February 2, 2011 RFE =(

February 7, 2011 RFE hardcopy received and sent back to CSC

February 10, 2011 USCIS received our response to RFE

February 15, 2011 I129F APPROVED!! Thank You Lord God...

February 22, 2011 NOA2 hardcopy received..

NVC just received our case

February 23, 2011 Got new case number from NVC via email..

March 2 and 3, 2011 Medical at St. Lukes (PASSED!)

March 7, 2011 US consulate received our case.

MArch 15, 2011 CFO guidance and counseling seminar (got the green cert)

March 17, 2011 USEM letter received via Email..

April 5, 2011 Interview.. VISA APPROVED!

April 13, 2011 Visa in hand..

April 15,2011 POE: LAX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes, it's absolutely possible for you to contact your congressman. just like it's possible to call 911 for not getting chicken nugget at McDonald.

:rofl:

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

yes, it's absolutely possible for you to contact your congressman. just like it's possible to call 911 for not getting chicken nugget at McDonald.

Best ever quote this week! Needed the cheering up. Thanks! :rofl:

:::::

www.yamashitariki.com :::::

writings . music . art . film . photography

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your not going to get your case expedited if you are ztill within the 5 months and more than likely not even if your after 5 months. There are many petitions beyond the 5 month range and the ones here are just a small percentage of what makes up the petitions the are dealing with.

Now if for some reason yours hasn't been approved mysteriously when every other VJ member that filed in the same month and location as you has been approved well then there might be a problem and they could help.

As far as being rude and" bumping ahead" of others, I would without hesitation do everything I possibly could to get my petition approved ASAP short of illegal, immoral or unethical. If that puts me in front of others then I just used all my resources more effectively.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.