lostinblue

Lifeline at risk for 2 million jobless

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yes. Until she is dead.

Yes, more guns are the solution to high crime. The fewer the restrictions the lower the crime. Vermont has no restrictions on carrying guns and virtually no crime. Your scenario will not happen here. But if someone did break in my house, yes I would kill them. I believe in equal rights so it makes no difference if it is a woman and I will not ask for her resume before I shoot.

I naturally assume people have guns so.......I'd watch you for a few days....work out your schedule...and then shoot you in the back of the head as you are getting in your car....if I were a criminal that is. Remember people never take chances, assume your victim is armed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I naturally assume people have guns so.......I'd watch you for a few days....work out your schedule...and then shoot you in the back of the head as you are getting in your car....if I were a criminal that is. Remember people never take chances, assume your victim is armed.

That would be the best way since I am always armed you would have to sneak up on me. For whatever reason it just never happens. What do you think the reason is? Bear in mind, you also have to assume that everyone around me is armed also. How many bullets do YOU have? I never leave the house before 10am so you don't have to get up early. Goodnews for the unemployed.

The last time there was a random homicide here was more than 4 years ago. How about it your state?

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes. Until she is dead.

Yes, more guns are the solution to high crime. The fewer the restrictions the lower the crime. Vermont has no restrictions on carrying guns and virtually no crime. Your scenario will not happen here. But if someone did break in my house, yes I would kill them. I believe in equal rights so it makes no difference if it is a woman and I will not ask for her resume before I shoot.

So you would use deadly force on an unarmed woman stealing food?

It's safe to say that you would be going to jail for manslaughter and looking at 5-10 years behind bars.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

It's safe to say that you would be going to jail for manslaughter and looking at 5-10 years behind bars.

I would use deadly force against a anyone breaking into my home. Vermont has the "castle doctrine" I would not go to prison. You break into someone's home, they can kill you. They do not need to wait to see if you are armed. I presume this is why it almost never happens. Has never been a carjacking here either. You can kill carjackers.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I figure that since everyone here hates Obama, they will vote for Palin since she will be the Repub candidate of choice.

Now that the midterms are over, we can get on with the real business of getting to the Primaries. I bet Sarah's going to be meeting a lot of Iowa corn and pig farmers over the next year. NH primary and Iowa caucuses are just over a year away! LETS GO GANG....

Timeline

I would use deadly force against a anyone breaking into my home. Vermont has the "castle doctrine" I would not go to prison. You break into someone's home, they can kill you. They do not need to wait to see if you are armed. I presume this is why it almost never happens. Has never been a carjacking here either. You can kill carjackers.

The Castle Doctrine is not a license to kill. You must have a reasonable fear of imminent death or

serious bodily harm. It doesn't give you immunity from criminal prosecution - the police *will*

investigate and if they find probable cause that the force used was unlawful, the DA *will* prosecute.

However, Vermont is not a Castle Doctrine state and has no stand-your-ground law, so you're out of luck.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The Castle Doctrine is not a license to kill. You must have a reasonable fear of imminent death or

serious bodily harm. It doesn't give you immunity from criminal prosecution - the police *will*

investigate and if they find probable cause that the force used was unlawful, the DA *will* prosecute.

However, Vermont is not a Castle Doctrine state and has no stand-your-ground law, so you're out of luck.

you might find that first sentence incorrect...

A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine claimed by advocates to arise from English Common Law[1] that designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine.

link

if someone breaks into my house, there is plenty for them to arm themselves with (see bolded above). i will assume someone breaking in is armed or will be shortly.

correct that vermont is not listed as having that doctrine.

As of the 28th of May, 2010, 31 States have some form of Castle Doctrine and/or Stand Your Ground law. Alabama,[9] Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island,[10] South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah,[11] West Virginia and Wyoming have adopted Castle Doctrine statutes

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Just wondering, how do you tell the difference between an out of work mother trying to feed her family and a drug addict with a hidden gun?

Timeline

you might find that first sentence incorrect...

It's a license to kill under certain conditions of self-defense or in defense of

others when lives are being threatened.

It's not a blanket license to kill.

It doesn't mean you can start spraying machine gun fire in all directions and

tossing grenades after hearing a mouse in your kitchen.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

It's a license to kill under certain conditions of self-defense or in defense of

Depends how dangerous the mouse is. :ph34r:

Oh, and how much you want to remodel your kitchen. :whistle:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i don't believe anyone went as far as to suggest they could use machine gun fire or grenades (one of which requires a special license to own, the other is outlawed).

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I WILL have reasonable fear and if you don't believe me you can ask the dead person that broke in my house. Here is how it works. Someone breaks in. I shoot them. They are dead, I am not. Everyone else will just have to get over it.

Find me ONE case...ONE where a person killing someone that broke in their house in Vermont was prosecuted, convicted ad imprisoned. The only person out of luck is the person that breaks in my home. I'll take my chances, and they can take theirs.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It means if you break in I shoot you in the head with a .45. Several times. Then, in my aggrieved state of fear I forget to call the paramedics for a while. I was upset.

If I actually lived in a place with firearms restrictions I would worry about it more than I do. But it is not something I am wishy washy about. You break in...you get killed.

Gary And Alla