lostinblue

Lifeline at risk for 2 million jobless

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It means if you break in I shoot you in the head with a .45. Several times. Then, in my aggrieved state of fear I forget to call the paramedics for a while. I was upset.

If I actually lived in a place with firearms restrictions I would worry about it more than I do. But it is not something I am wishy washy about. You break in...you get killed.

You'd probably shoot if the person surrendered wouldn't you. All those clint Eastwood fantasies would come to the fore

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You'd probably shoot if the person surrendered wouldn't you. All those clint Eastwood fantasies would come to the fore

I am not sure about that. There is one way to find out though.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Find another, that doesn't get it ands you know it. It is very telling you cannot find ONE.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Find another, that doesn't get it ands you know it. It is very telling you cannot find ONE.

You asked for one and I found one. I can find a dozen more, but I'm not your effing legal research department.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

You want to shoot a 10-year-old stealing candy from your kitchen, be my guest - I'd love to be on the jury convicting your аss.

You have to be seriously delusional if you think the DA will not prosecute.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

"As we noted in State v. Olsen, 680 A.2d 107, 109 (1996), intent can be proven by showing that a defendant's actions were not accidental and evinced a wanton disregard for life; the wanton-disregard instruction thus defines implied or constructive intent. Accord State v. Johnson, 158 Vt. 508, 518, 615 A.2d 132, 137 (1992). The State's information expressly charged that defendant acted intentionally."

So find me a case in Vermont

Person breaks into a house and is killed by the homeowner in the house and the homeowner is prosecuted. Doesn't happen. There is NO WAY 12 citizens of Vermont are going to indict someone killing an intruder IN THEIR HOUSE.

Chasing them out and then going back and killing him outside is bad form. KILL THEM IN THE HOUSE. (you CAN use a machine gun if it is legally registered under federal law)

You can also kill someone on main st. with your legally concealed handgun provided he is a threat to your life. Once you chase the guy out of your house or he runs away from you on the street you have no need to shoot or to pursue him and then shoot (as in the case you presented)

They break in, you kill them. Case closed.

In the case you posted, the occupant chased the intruder out of the house. Job done. Lock the door and call the police. Going outside with a gun after the guy had already left was "asking for trouble". That was his mistake. He should have capped the guy in the hallway and it would never have been prosecuted.

If you cannnot find relevent cases to support your argument...drop it. You lose.

You asked for one and I found one. I can find a dozen more, but I'm not your effing legal research department.

You did not even find ONE relevent case. I certainly would not want you to be my research department.

You want to shoot a 10-year-old stealing candy from your kitchen, be my guest - I'd love to be on the jury convicting your аss.

You have to be seriously delusional if you think the DA will not prosecute.

:rofl:

You are as bad a loser as the DEMs. :rofl:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Really, calling me a "Dem" - is that the best you can do? :hehe:

I know it is weak, but much better than what you provided. Did you think you would post it and no one would read it? :rofl:

I happen to know you can look and look for months and not find ONE case where a person in Vermont shot an intruder IN THEIR HOME and was prosecuted for it. There is no chance of it or I would not have asked you to find one. :lol: I DID know the answer before I asked the question.

Rather than admit you were wrong you find some case that doesn;t match the criteria and post it. How lame. Certainly lame enough to be a Democrat.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

http://money.cnn.com/2010/11/04/news/economy/unemployment_benefits_extension/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Two million people will run out of unemployment benefits next month if Congress fails to act in the coming weeks.

Maybe they can start that job search now. I hear Walmart is still hiring.

Timeline

Actually, I found references to several cases where people were prosecuted in intruder-related

shooting incidents.

Most of them are not available online. I don't have full access to info.libraries.vermont.gov,

do you?

I can give you the case numbers, if you want to request them.

Timeline

Actually, I found references to several cases where people were prosecuted in intruder-related

shooting incidents.

Most of them are not available online. I don't have full access to info.libraries.vermont.gov,

do you?

I can give you the case numbers, if you want to request them.

:rofl: Loser.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I came here for an attractive job offer not for the nutty ####### the FL government deems good policy.

In other words..."MY principals are for sale to the highest bidder...I AM a capitalist after all, I only pretend to care about anyone else!" Who cares if you can shoot 10 year olds stealing candy? I got a good job! (I am guessing that means "more money"...what a shocker!)

Gary And Alla